2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yea, I find it astounding as hell that McCarthy could go in the first round let alone in the top 5.
I would argue McCarthy's college style of play and what he was asked to do is much closer to what NFL HCs and OCs are looking for out of a prospect. A lot of these guys want a Jared Goff more than a Justin Fields in terms of style of play. Don't put the ball at risk, don't try to do too much, but have some plus athletic traits/arm talent.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Man I know he’s getting hype right but McCarthy going top-5 doesn’t seem plausible to me. If the big-3 indeed to top-3 I’m not seeing the opportunity to trade down even if that were the plan.

I would argue McCarthy's college style of play and what he was asked to do is much closer to what NFL HCs and OCs are looking for out of a prospect. A lot of these guys want a Jared Goff more than a Justin Fields in terms of style of play. Don't put the ball at risk, don't try to do too much, but have some plus athletic traits/arm talent.
Yea gotta remember Shanahan originally wanted Mac Jones as the #3 pick in the draft.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It just takes one team.

There aren't any good veteran options. The league has largely soured on Russell Wilson if he's available. Cousins is older.

And as we've learned in the past when there are a lot of rumors about a guy who is about to go higher than fans and draftniks think they should, pay attention.

McCarthy was a very good college QB who was limited by scheme and game plan. He's a winner, a leader, and he actually has pretty good tools. Plus he started a lot of games in college.
Yeah look at Will Levis

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But you don’t take THAT game manager with a top 5 pick. Or even a first rounder.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Don't know if it will help, but I just texted my BIL and told him to go up to Monti at the combine and give him a right cross to the face and tell him that's from me if he passes on Marvin :Dold.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
im telling ya

forget MHJ at 4

embrace McConkey at 27
This Buffalo wants him drafted at 28.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kind of liked him as a double dip option in round 2. He's going late 1st round now.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media