2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
QB going 1, 2, 3, 4? That’s crazy imo. We are so going to trade outta taking MHJ. Sigh.
Let me say upfront that I want MHJ in a cards jersey. However, if you grade him similar to Nabers (for example) then trading back to get more draft capital does make some sense. I would totally hate it though.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Let me say upfront that I want MHJ in a cards jersey. However, if you grade him similar to Nabers (for example) then trading back to get more draft capital does make some sense. I would totally hate it though.
What are you going to get in that trade, though? An extra third? Is a part-time role player worth that much?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Really hard for me to be on the side of getting noted failson Michael Bidwill out of football operations while also hoping he intervenes here.

There are probably five WRs in this draft class that will have very good NFL careers. There's no guarantee that MHJ will be one of them.
I mean you're not wrong. He could be like Sammy Watkins, clear #1, who ends up having a worse career than Mike Evans, Odell, Cooks, etc.

I'm not taking that risk though. His floor is just too high to pass on.

Unless they really believe Kyler or Kyler in Petzing's offense is never going to be a prolific passing attack anyway. if they trade back its likely for trench help.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Really hard for me to be on the side of getting noted failson Michael Bidwill out of football operations while also hoping he intervenes here.

There are probably five WRs in this draft class that will have very good NFL careers. There's no guarantee that MHJ will be one of them.

What do you consider very good? Christian Kirk? If MHJ isn’t a high level WR it would be an all time shocker especially if he’s playing with a competent QB.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I mean you're not wrong. He could be like Sammy Watkins, clear #1, who ends up having a worse career than Mike Evans, Odell, Cooks, etc.

I'm not taking that risk though. His floor is just too high to pass on.

Unless they really believe Kyler or Kyler in Petzing's offense is never going to be a prolific passing attack anyway. if they trade back its likely for trench help.
If Petzing can't produce a prolific passing attack we should start planning for a post-Petzing future sooner than later.

I was trying to think of a prospect profiled like MHJ that didn't work out. I looked up Kevin White (former Cardinal!), and I think that example just really highlights how clean a prospect MHJ is. White had one good year in college as a senior.

Harrison, Nabors, and Odunze all had breakout seasons two years ago and continued to improve.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What do you consider very good? Christian Kirk? If MHJ isn’t a high level WR it would be an all time shocker especially if he’s playing with a competent QB.
I dunno. Kirk's career isn't over yet. I'd say Amari Cooper or better.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I love MHJ as a prospect

but NGL:

Odunze + additional 2nd round pick > MHJ

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Reaction score
I don't think you'll be able to drop far enough to get both Odunze and a 2nd round pick. You'd be white-knuckling it for sure.
its contingent on the 4th QB being the target -- so its 6 (NY Giants) or 8 (Atlanta ) or 10 (NY Jets)

and yes, aside from 6, its some stress

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't think you'll be able to drop far enough to get both Odunze and a 2nd round pick. You'd be white-knuckling it for sure.
That's what I see when I run through realistic mock scenarios. WRs are absolutely at a premium. They might be the second most valued position in the NFL right now.

I don't see a scenario where Odunze or Nabers are available past probably #8.

Here is a multi trade down where the Cardinals luckily still got Odunze. I'd be ecstatic if it worked out this way:
You must be registered for see images attach

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
JG said Petzing has a great story about Kyler wanting to find out about who the Cards are drafting. JG wants to let Drew be the one to tell it.

JG said Kyler and him got into a debate about one of them not liking a wr in the draft.

JG said Kyler has been studying film on corners (don't know if he meant NFL or draft prospects)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
That's what I see when I run through realistic mock scenarios. WRs are absolutely at a premium. They might be the second most valued position in the NFL right now.

I don't see a scenario where Odunze or Nabers are available past probably #8.
Yup. We got #12 overall, a second-rounder, and the next year's first to move from #3 overall last year (also sent back a fouth-rounder). To move from 12 back to 6, it cost a second.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
its contingent on the 4th QB being the target -- so its 6 (NY Giants) or 8 (Atlanta ) or 10 (NY Jets)

and yes, aside from 6, its some stress

Man I know he’s getting hype right but McCarthy going top-5 doesn’t seem plausible to me. If the big-3 indeed to top-3 I’m not seeing the opportunity to trade down even if that were the plan.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Reaction score
Man I know he’s getting hype right but McCarthy going top-5 doesn’t seem plausible to me. If the big-3 indeed to top-3 I’m not seeing the opportunity to trade down even if that were the plan.
this discussion is a reaction to the posted podcast from the Athletic where Diana Russini quoted a NFL FO person saying QBs are going 1,2,3,4

i agree tho -- JJ McCarthy seems like a stretch to go top 4

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It just takes one team.

There aren't any good veteran options. The league has largely soured on Russell Wilson if he's available. Cousins is older.

And as we've learned in the past when there are a lot of rumors about a guy who is about to go higher than fans and draftniks think they should, pay attention.

McCarthy was a very good college QB who was limited by scheme and game plan. He's a winner, a leader, and he actually has pretty good tools. Plus he started a lot of games in college.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea, I find it astounding as hell that McCarthy could go in the first round let alone in the top 5.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Heard somewhere that Giants front office and/or ownership wants a QB to sit behind Jones for a year and take the reins in 2025. Dabell wants a position player to win this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard