Wild Card Weekend Games 2024

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not to mention that we already have a possible future perennial All-Pro TE anyway.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not want Dak at all.

Maye I like but it's a huge gamble.
Exactly. I wouldn't do it if I was sure to get Caleb Williams who I think is a considerably better prospect than Maye.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, he’s definitely twitchy enough. Then again, durability problems.

Steve Keim’s Cardinals did.

Dude, lmao, no. For one, I highly doubt he falls to the teens. Two, it makes no sense despite having a bunch of holes already while already drafting MHJ. You’re being unnecessarily greedy. If we trade up, it better be for a Turner/Verse/Fuaga.

Lamb is 24, not 29. Makes little to no sense at all to trade him even with a tear down.
Jones isn't going to blow up the roster with crazy trades. He will get a new coach.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My little brother is a Lions fan so he feels our pain

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually I sort of don't care even though we lost the WS. I have no issues with the Texans

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daniels is Dak part 2.
Nah, Dak was a 4th round pick. As much as he gets slagged in these situations, not many thought he had a chance to be in these situations in the first place. It's trendier to say he is Bryce Young.

That said, Daniels also has his risks. Frankly, I am glad we don't HAVE to take one of these QBs this year. It's a tough call on these kids.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Jones isn't going to blow up the roster with crazy trades. He will get a new coach.
at a minimum I think he has to admit that he got the HC decision wrong and needs to strongly consider getting a new QB. I do like Prescott, I think he has played well above his expectations coming out of college, including most if not all of the guys that were drafted ahead of him. But I don't think he will ever win a Super Bowl unless he is on a team that has a great defense. and he damn sure isn't going to win on a team that cannot run the ball.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
at a minimum I think he has to admit that he got the HC decision wrong and needs to strongly consider getting a new QB. I do like Prescott, I think he has played well above his expectations coming out of college, including most if not all of the guys that were drafted ahead of him. But I don't think he will ever win a Super Bowl unless he is on a team that has a great defense. and he damn sure isn't going to win on a team that cannot run the ball.
Agreed. But in the short term it's much easier to change the coach than the QB.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Actually I sort of don't care even though we lost the WS. I have no issues with the Texans
no one outside of Houston cares about the texans. now the astros, different story. winning causes people to hate them. it's only fair that dallas can't win anymore in the playoffs. I don't think that will change until Jerry Jones is out of the picture, whether it is because he steps aside or you know....

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Agreed. But in the short term it's much easier to change the coach than the QB.
for sure. I think that is the obvious way to go at a minimum. keep dak and fire the entire coaching staff and general management. then bring a team in that can build around the good players that they already have.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no one outside of Houston cares about the texans. now the astros, different story. winning causes people to hate them. it's only fair that dallas can't win anymore in the playoffs. I don't think that will change until Jerry Jones is out of the picture, whether it is because he steps aside or you know....

Trashtros. #2 most hated after the Dodgers

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh, he’s definitely twitchy enough. Then again, durability problems.

Steve Keim’s Cardinals did.

Dude, lmao, no. For one, I highly doubt he falls to the teens. Two, it makes no sense despite having a bunch of holes already while already drafting MHJ. You’re being unnecessarily greedy. If we trade up, it better be for a Turner/Verse/Fuaga.
I just think he'll be the guy to fall into mid teens. One defender is going to get drafted earlier than they should and I think their will be a run on Olineman.

Part of the reason I say him (assuming our scouts love him) is that from some of the reports I've there's not a lot of 1st rounders who are going 1st round. I'd rather we secure 1st round talent. I'd be fine with those other guys as well. However, if they are gone and we're stuck reaching for talent with the Texans pick I'd rather we move up and get our guy.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One defender is going to get drafted earlier than they should and I think their will be a run on Olineman.
Do you truly believe that or is it because you’re just not that high on dude? By your previous post history, it kind of feels that way.
However, if they are gone and we're stuck reaching for talent with the Texans pick I'd rather we move up and get our guy.
Draft is still a crapshoot. I’m not even sure how you define “reaching” in this case. Who would be a reach with that Texans pick?