Chase Edmonds Will Have 'Major Role' Alongside Kenyan Drake

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
"You saw last year, when he got his opportunity before he got hurt, he was playing his butt off, and that's what we've seen all camp," Kingsbury said. "He is no-nonsense, all about his business, works really hard at it and takes pride in his craft. When he gets his opportunity, he makes the most of it. You saw that on Sunday, and he will continue to have a major role in this offense."

Kingsbury referred to Edmonds as a "starting running back" during camp and reiterated it on Wednesday. While Drake had 58 snaps compared to Edmonds' 28, the Cardinals regularly got Edmonds involved when he was on the field.

He had the team's first touchdown of the season on a 10-yard catch-and-stretch to the pylon in the first quarter. It was the latest example of Edmonds’ impressive body control, which he said is not completely instinctual.
https://www.azcardinals.com/news/chase-edmonds-will-have-major-role-alongside-kenyan-drake

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm fine with it, but it just goes to show there's something odd about Drake that prevents him from being an every down back. At this point it's irrelevant outside of fantasy football, but still.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm fine with it, but it just goes to show there's something odd about Drake that prevents him from being an every down back. At this point it's irrelevant outside of fantasy football, but still.
Disagree with this conclusion. It is saying the coaching staff is trying to find ways to get Edmonds touches.

Drake played 70% of offensive snaps last week. That is a lot.

4 offensive snaps had Drake and Edmonds on the field together. That is where I expect Edmonds role to grow.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree with this conclusion. It is saying the coaching staff is trying to find ways to get Edmonds touches.

4 offensive snaps had Drake and Edmonds on the field together. That is where I expect Edmonds role to grow.

a 70/30 is a healthy rotation IMO. If edmonds starts getting over 50% or something without an injury to Drake it will say that #1 we can draft another RB next year and not have to pay drake and #2 that Edmonds is progressing well. If Drake carries 70%+ or the workload, we will have decisions to make at the end of the year that will ultimately hinge on how productive that 70% was. He is the RB for now so not much to say and he can earn staying the RB or he simply wont.

I forgot I had you quoted and went deeper into my post after taking a phone call halfway through it lol but points still stand

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score

I think they are trying to avoid having to pay Drake top five starting running back money, but they have to make sure Chase can handle the load

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
a 70/30 is a healthy rotation IMO. If edmonds starts getting over 50% or something without an injury to Drake it will say that #1 we can draft another RB next year and not have to pay drake and #2 that Edmonds is progressing well. If Drake carries 70%+ or the workload, we will have decisions to make at the end of the year that will ultimately hinge on how productive that 70% was. He is the RB for now so not much to say and he can earn staying the RB or he simply wont.

I forgot I had you quoted and went deeper into my post after taking a phone call halfway through it lol but points still stand
You may see Edmonds get closer to 50% without seeing Drake drop below 70%... I think they will analyze the plays they are on the field together and look to exploit more mismatches.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may see Edmonds get closer to 50% without seeing Drake drop below 70%... I think they will analyze the plays they are on the field together and look to exploit more mismatches.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I've always been wanting more 2 RB sets. Johnson and ellington, Johnson and Drake, Drake and Edmonds, etc. I love 2 back formations with 2-3 wide. More problems for the D to diagnose. Can even have a RB delay route where you wait to block and if nothing there, run a wheel

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I think it's great, I really don't care who's on the field or the stats as long as it ends with a W

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson