Saddiq Bey

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I see two players in the draft that would be an immediate upgrade next to Ayton. And even those two have some deficiencies. Potential long term talent, maybe a couple more. I am all about drafting a PF, I am just against reaching for a PF.

I take Carey, Okongwu, Stewart, Toppin, Achiuwa and possibly even Jalen Smith, Nnaji or Reed at 10 before I consider Bey or Vassell. I also take Haliburton at 10 before I consider Bey or Vassell.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I take Carey, Okongwu, Stewart, Toppin, Achiuwa and possibly even Jalen Smith, Nnaji or Reed at 10 before I consider Bey or Vassell. I also take Haliburton at 10 before I consider Bey or Vassell.
I wrote a pretty lengthy response but decided to delete it. Taking Reed or Nnaji at #10 is pretty laughable and tells me everything I need to know about your knowledge of the 2020 draft class.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wrote a pretty lengthy response but decided to delete it. Taking Reed or Nnaji at #10 is pretty laughable and tells me everything I need to know about your knowledge of the 2020 draft class.

I would prefer not to reach for Reed or Nnaji at 10, but I believe both offer the Suns more of what they need than Bey or Vassell.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
And that’s coming from the guy that constantly ridicules the Cam Johnson pick. Even when the conversation has nothing to do with him.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And that’s coming from the guy that constantly ridicules the Cam Johnson pick. Even when the conversation has nothing to do with him.

As I have said before, Reed and Nnaji, while extreme reaches at 10, are still not nearly the reach that Cam Johnson at 11 was last year, and at least this would be at a position of need.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
As I have said before, Reed and Nnaji, while extreme reaches at 10, are still not nearly the reach that Cam Johnson at 11 was last year, and at least this would be at a position of need.
You can say it all you want, it still doesn’t make it true.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
We clobbered teams with Oubre, Bridges and Ayton as our front court. The problem was they didn't get enough playing time together and the lack of depth.
Problems cited as solutions won't get us into the playoffs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saddiq Bey is getting some love from ESPN as one of the most ready NBA players in the draft. He is a late bloomer and was only 5'8" in high school. Has the ability to play every position in stretches.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Saddiq Bey is getting some love from ESPN as one of the most ready NBA players in the draft. He is a late bloomer and was only 5'8" in high school. Has the ability to play every position in stretches.

"Versatile at 6-8 with the ability to play 1-4 for stretches." Isn't this almost EVERY small forward we have had recently?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Versatile at 6-8 with the ability to play 1-4 for stretches." Isn't this almost EVERY small forward we have had recently?

Now that the NBA has caught up with the Suns style of play maybe it will finally work.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some good things on Saddiq Bey being one of the most ready NBA prospects.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do like Bey, but not as much as Nesmith.

To me he looks very similar to Cam, with a better inside scoring game, but a worse shot. He really does look like a stretch 4 to me.

I would not be disappointed with him as he looks like an all around solid player, but he doesn't look like he is exceptional at anything.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I do like Bey, but not as much as Nesmith.

To me he looks very similar to Cam, with a better inside scoring game, but a worse shot. He really does look like a stretch 4 to me.

I would not be disappointed with him as he looks like an all around solid player, but he doesn't look like he is exceptional at anything.
I'd be fine with both but I like Bey alot more because of play making potential and better defensively, he's a great passer especially pick and role , Nesmiths a better shooter but I don't see as high a ceiling with him

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd be fine with both but I like Bey alot more because of play making potential and better defensively, he's a great passer especially pick and role , Nesmiths a better shooter but I don't see as high a ceiling with him

Bey is certainly a better defender, and he can play 4 whereas Nesmith is a 2/3 but Nesmeth is a lot more than just a shooter. He is a scorer. Offensive efficiency wise it is not even close Nesmeth is in another league. A .685 true shooting percentage which is ridiculously good - we will be sorry if we don't draft this guy if he is there at 10.

You say he has a low ceiling - well offensively he looks like a complete package - so I may agree with you there, defensively he has a lot of room for improvement.

I don't like the look of Beys shot, it is a weird shot where he leans and holds his arms out straight that could easily get out of wack whereas Nesmeth's stroke is pure.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Sounds like about as good a fit for our team as there is in this draft. Would take Toppin if he's there, but wouldn't mind coming away with Bey. Versatility, play-making, quick decision making all sounds like exactly the type of player Monty would want.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Bey is certainly a better defender, and he can play 4 whereas Nesmith is a 2/3 but Nesmeth is a lot more than just a shooter. He is a scorer. Offensive efficiency wise it is not even close Nesmeth is in another league. A .685 true shooting percentage which is ridiculously good - we will be sorry if we don't draft this guy if he is there at 10.

You say he has a low ceiling - well offensively he looks like a complete package - so I may agree with you there, defensively he has a lot of room for improvement.

I don't like the look of Beys shot, it is a weird shot where he leans and holds his arms out straight that could easily get out of wack whereas Nesmeth's stroke is pure.
I didn't say low ceiling I meant not as high as Bey, I can see bey being a very good floor stretching wing that adds some needed toughness and playmaking to the team. His shots a little wierd but it's doesn't look like anything to alarming to me. I think Nesmith is going to make his living as a spot up shooter probably a 6th man instant scoring off the bench , if he improves defensively he could have a similar role as Klay. I'd be happy with either at ten both fit what the sun's need I think bey just fits better

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd be okay with Bey, but I gotta think one of Haliberton, Toppin or Okongwu would be available and, right now, I'd take one of them over him.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hes nice.

But the Suns need someone at PF that makes the opposing teams players unable to sleep the night before they play him.

We need a monster that knows hes a monster.

Hes just not out there... yet.