Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tim Reynolds
@ByTimReynolds

·
3m

Steve Clifford has sought ideas and counsel during the shutdown from Steve Nash, Ron Rivera, Steve Wilks and others.

(Translated: The Magic are going to be really, really good at passing and tackling at Disney.)

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ohm Youngmisuk
⁦‪@NotoriousOHM‬⁩

You must be registered for see images

Nikola Jokic is not back in the United States yet. Michael Malone: "Next Tuesday, we depart for Orlando. The hope and expectation is that Nikola Jokic will be with us on that plane... From everything that I have heard and talked to him, he feels great and is excited."

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Ohm Youngmisuk
⁦‪@NotoriousOHM‬⁩

Nikola Jokic is not back in the United States yet. Michael Malone: "Next Tuesday, we depart for Orlando. The hope and expectation is that Nikola Jokic will be with us on that plane... From everything that I have heard and talked to him, he feels great and is excited."
He just tested positive, right? Will he have gone through the 14 day quarantine period at that point? :shrug:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jeremiah Johnson
⁦‪@JJFSINDIANA‬⁩

Victor Oladipo on some the factors of the upcoming decision on whether to return and play in Orlando. "I’m more susceptible to injury than anyone else is. It’s not about now. I’m just trying to do what’s best for my future. When I’m at my best, this team is at its best."

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Jeremiah Johnson
⁦‪@JJFSINDIANA‬⁩

Victor Oladipo on some the factors of the upcoming decision on whether to return and play in Orlando. "I’m more susceptible to injury than anyone else is. It’s not about now. I’m just trying to do what’s best for my future. When I’m at my best, this team is at its best."
If you are not playing isn't your team not as good? :shrug:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will cost the NBA more than $150 million to operate the 3 month event in Orlando per ESPN.

From Brian Windhorst of ESPN:

Not included in this expense is the loss of revenue because teams won't be selling tickets. The league is projecting to lose more than $1 billion in revenue because of the coronavirus, sources said, even before considering the cost of finishing the season in Orlando.

However, by playing 88 regular-season games and four rounds of playoffs, the league will be sheltering itself from more extended losses. The players will retain more than $600 million in salary that could have been lost if the season were canceled, and NBA teams protected hundreds of millions from potential loss of television revenue.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29394052/orlando-bubble-cost-nba-more-150-million

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Numbers of players testing positive.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Overall 25 players have tested positive since June 23rd.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone else find it concerning that MLS bubble is already leaking.
Dallas FC has had 8 players tested positive for the Corona Virus since their arrival in Florida.

Man I hope this works.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA close to signing off on second bubble in Chicago.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Anyone else find it concerning that MLS bubble is already leaking.
Dallas FC has had 8 players tested positive for the Corona Virus since their arrival in Florida.

Man I hope this works.
Nope! I expect we will see bubble leaks all the time in Orlando! Adam Silver is going in and out. He should just stay out, period! This is already starting off bad, and it hasn't even really started yet!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA and NBPA association agree on messages that can be used on jerseys.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These messages include.

From ESPN:

The list of the approved suggested social messages, per the source, for the back of the NBA jerseys: Black Lives Matter; Say Their Names; Vote; I Can't Breathe; Justice; Peace; Equality; Freedom; Enough; Power to the People; Justice Now; Say Her Name; Sí Se Puede (Yes We Can); Liberation; See Us; Hear Us; Respect Us; Love Us; Listen; Listen to Us; Stand Up; Ally; Anti-Racist; I Am A Man; Speak Up; How Many More; Group Economics; Education Reform; and Mentor.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29405787/source-nba-union-agree-list-social-messages-put-jerseys

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's still uncertain if Alvin Gentry will coach in Orlando.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA teams will scrimmage with teams in opposite conference or who they are unlikely to play in the first round.

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

NBA teams in Orlando will scrimmage against a team in opposite conference or an unlikely first-round playoff opponent in same conference, league tells teams in a memo.
5:39 PM · Jul 3, 2020