2020 7th round pick is Eno Benjamin RB

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he is better than Foster.

Probably is.

Foster is horrible. I am shocked they brought him back. I guess it could of been Stephan Taylor who is even worse though.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I know many on the board have seen more of him than I have, but I really like this pick. He’s not Zack Moss, but he’s that type of player. I like picks that add a different set of skills. He’s a downhill runner who hits the line with power. He will need to be more decisive and hit the designated hole quicker. He liked to be creative in college, but he’ll have to suppress that urge and hit the designated hole. He’s a sound but not flashy receiver. I think we’ll see him often in short yardage and goal line situations. He won’t be a star but he’ll contribute.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think it is crazy that he was picked in the 7th. His Junior year I recall them saying if he had a good senior year he could have gone first or second round, and then his senior year was so so.. Didn't have a chance to become the most prolific running back in ASU history? They were even talking about him being a potential heisman candidate, then he really dropped. I think the Oline of ASU ended up being really bad his senior year.. below is what ESPN had on him.

As for Benjamin, with him being ranked in the Day 2 and 3 area, his range is a lot wider. The model has his best-case scenario as 92nd in the end of the third round, while his average pick at 145th places him on the bubble of the fourth round.

other stats..

Arizona State landed Benjamin from Wylie, Texas, as a top-75 prospect. He played in 10 games as a true freshman in 2017 (23 carries, 142 yards, 6.2 ypc, one touchdown; five receptions, 15 yards; six kick returns, 119 yards, 19.8 average). Benjamin became the Sun Devils' bell-cow back as a sophomore, carrying the mail a school-record 300 times for 1,642 yards (5.5 per) and 16 touchdowns. The third-team Associated Press All-American, first-team All-Pac-12 selection, and team MVP ranked fifth in the country in rushing yards, ninth in touchdowns. As if that wasn't enough, Benjamin also caught 35 passes for 263 yards (7.5 per) and two touchdowns, and he fumbled only once on those 335 touches. He did not see the ball as often in 2019 but still finished as a first-team All-Pac-12 selection his junior year (253 carries, 1,083 yards, 4.3 ypc, 10 touchdowns; 42 receptions, 347 yards, 8.3 average, two touchdowns in 12 starts). Benjamin did not play in the team's 2019 bowl game to prepare for the draft.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because this year is different and I've said this before but I'm saying it again. Teams have not been able to perform their usual due diligence, so I can see more than the usual hits and misses with the late picks (Both good and bad).
Could be why the Cards picked so many players with whom Kingsbury and Keim had close connections.

...dave

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Interesting RB comparison:

Player A

40 Yard Dash
u
SECONDS

Bench Press
REPS

Vertical Jump