TV Draft Coverage

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The NY Post is reporting ESPN & The NFL Network will do a combined presentation that will offer a single broadcast, presumably on both networks. I’m thinking chaos. It’s bad enough when a network’s own analysts compete for screen time. I can’t imagine this will be smooth. Interestingly Todd McShay is not on the initial lineup for day 1 (see board thread).

https://nypost.com/2020/04/07/what-unprecedented-nfl-draft-2020-will-look-like-in-espns-hands/

The article says that McShay will be working on the ABC side of things.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this thing is going to have NFL Playoff ratings. I mean, it is the ONLY thing that even portends forward motion in the country right now as far as pop culture/sports are concerned.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
All the networks are doing the same web cam / remote corespondent approach at the moment. It's not what we are used to but it will be better than nothing. Plus I welcome the distraction!

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
they could probably sell ads for close to Super bowl prices
I sure as hell would be throwing 100% of the budget I had from turned off ads into this event. You know, if my industry wasn't indefinitely shut down as one of the last things that will return when we "reopen" America.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Im looking for to see how this draft works may be the only football content we get for a while....

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I can't wait for them to call some player's name when he is sitting on the toilet with the cameras all crammed into the bathroom.

Last edited:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I watched a 3 hr long "Deadliest Catch" web cam show for the new season this morning, it wasn't the best quality at all, kept cutting out. I hope the web cams used for this draft are of better quality? Mike Rowe did the best he could to navigate through it.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hopefully they will have a person in studio with video technicians on hand putting highlights of the players up as they get drafted? That's the best thing for me while watching the draft. Player gets drafted, show his highlights & discuss the pick.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson