NBA Trade Deadline news and rumors 2019-20 season

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
If anyone believes Jones and Bower don't deserve to be fired at this point, I would like to know your rationale...
And, all of a sudden, Sarver is going to bring a pro on board and step back?

History says it will just be another stooge.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why should Sarver do anything? We already gave him the worlds largest sports bar. Now he’s just gonna sit back and watch the profits roll in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which is why the fans need to boycott games and merchandise. The only thing that will work is to hurt Sarver's pocketbook.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Uh...they just acknowledged it on KTAR.
You can renounce the rights to a player... whenever. It is a cap hold, there is zero commitment. They can find a player they like, sign him, then renounce.

It literally happens every year in free agency by almost every team.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You can renounce the rights to a player... whenever. It is a cap hold, there is zero commitment. They can find a player they like, sign him, then renounce.

It literally happens every year in free agency by almost every team.

You're talking in circles here. Saric isn't worth keeping. He is definitely not staying here. So what good does it do to tie up cap space by waiting to renounce him?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You're talking in circles here. Saric isn't worth keeping. He is definitely not staying here. So what good does it do to tie up cap space by waiting to renounce him?
It doesn’t tie up cap space, there is zero commitment.

I’m not talking in circles, I’m freeing you of your ignorance to cap function and player restrictions.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It doesn’t tie up cap space, there is zero commitment.

I’m not talking in circles, I’m freeing you of your ignorance to cap function and player restrictions.

You were the one originally making a big deal about the cap space the Suns have. I pointed out that the Suns would need to renounce their free agents, including Saric, to get that cap space. You acknowledged that and even chastised me for not taking that fact for granted. Now you are changing your tune.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You were the one originally making a big deal about the cap space the Suns have. I pointed out that the Suns would need to renounce their free agents, including Saric, to get that cap space. You acknowledged that and even chastised me for not taking that fact for granted. Now you are changing your tune.

lol, no, you were acting as though that cap space didn't exist at all, at least initially, before that facts were beaten over your head long enough for you to admit it, although you still seemed to not understand when you endlessly claimed the Kings cap situation was better than ours before ducking out of that debate.

And in THIS particular conversation it went like this:

Elindholm said that the only hope with Saric is that he turns it around, you said if he turns it around then he will just leave in free agency, I pointed out that he is restricted, you then claimed that if we hold his rights then we can't sign anyone, I reminded you that isn't how it works, then you said he sucks anyway so why hold his rights... then somehow said others were talking in circles but I can only assume there must have been a mirror present.

These conversations are humorous but somewhat exhausting.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
lol, no, you were acting as though that cap space didn't exist at all, at least initially, before that facts were beaten over your head long enough for you to admit it, although you still seemed to not understand when you endlessly claimed the Kings cap situation was better than ours before ducking out of that debate.

Elindholm said that the only hope with Saric is that he turns it around, you said if he turns it around then he will just leave in free agency, I pointed out that he is restricted, you then claimed that if we hold his rights then we can't sign anyone, I reminded you that isn't how it works, then you said he sucks anyway so why hold his rights... then somehow said others were talking in circles but I can only assume there must have been a mirror present.

Why do you keep engaging him? From what I can tell, only you and maybe BC are the ones that actually engage him the most. And BC generally agrees with him.

It sucks ignoring such a prolific poster--it makes most threads confusing. And when you "show ignored content" it's 99% of the time eye-rolling ridiculous.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why do you keep engaging him? From what I can tell, only you and maybe BC are the ones that actually engage him the most. And BC generally agrees with him.

It sucks ignoring such a prolific poster--it makes most threads confusing. And when you "show ignored content" it's 99% of the time eye-rolling ridiculous.

At this point, after seeing how disingenuous his arguments are, I get a kick out of it.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The name being floated as a Suns target on KTAR right now is...Lauri Markkanen.

Great. Yet another Saric/Kaminsky type.

We might be better off just getting the Uncle Drew geezer team together. That team is more athletic than the Suns would be.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

When the Suns elect not to tender Saric, thereby rendering him an unrestricted free agent, you will be eating your words.

It seems the only thing management knows how to do is squander assets for nothing.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When the Suns elect not to tender Saric, thereby rendering him an unrestricted free agent, you will be eating your words.

It seems the only thing management knows how to do is squander assets for nothing.

... what words? I never said they would keep him. I am merely freeing you of your ignorance when it comes to cap functions and player restrictions.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
... what words? I never said they would keep him. I am merely freeing you of your ignorance when it comes to cap functions and player restrictions.

Then I am back to my original question:

What the hell good does it do to hang on to Saric in a lost season when there is no intention to keep him beyond this season?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then I am back to my original question:

What the hell good does it do to hang on to Saric in a lost season when there is no intention to keep him beyond this season?

You are arguing contradictory points here. You are on one hand saying these players are all worthless, then on the other hand arguing that we should have traded them for value.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You are arguing contradictory points here. You are on one hand saying these players are all worthless, then on the other hand arguing that we should have traded them for value.

As a 9th or 10th man on a playoff team, Saric has value. Not as a starter on a team like the Suns.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don’t think just any trade would’ve been better than no trades but the pressure is on the FO this summer for sure. Some need to realize our players have no value and probably negative for some of them regardless of expiring or not. Remember who we traded for Tyler Johnson?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a really bad feeling how the rest of this season is going to go.

no hope for the playoffs, pretty much the whole bench know they are leaving the team through free agency or are not wanted, Kelly now knows the plan is to trade him in the offseason.

booker told don’t worry we will do something later.

Monty is going to have to do a hell of a job to motivate anyone to care.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I have a really bad feeling how the rest of this season is going to go.

no hope for the playoffs, pretty much the whole bench know they are leaving the team through free agency or are not wanted, Kelly now knows the plan is to trade him in the offseason.

booker told don’t worry we will do something later.

Monty is going to have to do a hell of a job to motivate anyone to care.

Indeed. I expect at least 25 losses in the last 30 games, most of them of the extreme blow-out variety.

Again, management has shown itself not to care, so why should the players?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson