NBA Trade Deadline news and rumors 2019-20 season

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
With only half of a team right now and no moves being made, how in the world are we going to even finish out this season? You can't play the starters 40+ minutes every night. We have to start tanking now and just let the G league squad play a bunch of minutes.

That is precisely what is going to happen. This team will not finish the season with more than 25 wins, which is very little improvement from last year's debacle, and basically no improvement at all from the debacle of two seasons ago.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well, it’s a fact. He can request and the team can say no

And then he can just go through the motions and kill the team the way Markeiff Morris and Eric Bledsoe did.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It would have been nice for the Suns front office to report on the trade deadline.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Unfortunately we have I believe the hardest schedule of any team for the rest of the season and it’s not looking like any of our injured players are coming back anytime soon. It could get ugly real quick. Hope I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's already pretty darn ugly.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just reported on KTAR that James Jones had no interest whatsoever in Russell and didn't even try to make a play for him.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just reported on KTAR that James Jones had no interest whatsoever in Russell and didn't even try to make a play for him.
Probably not that bad of a position. Certainly not as divisive as you seem to want it to be.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
It would have been nice for the Suns front office to report on the trade deadline.
Doesn’t seem to be the way Jones operates.

I know we’re all pretty pissed at the moment but none of us should be surprised here. Jones literally all but said on the radio a week or so ago that they weren’t going to be major players and that with DA back, they’re a different team and they want to develop that. I think we all hold out hope that he’s just publicly not being forthright about their plans but I think at this point we just need to take Jones at his word.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Who's up for a GoFundMe to buy the team? We can have random forum members act as GM and owner each season. I think we can do at least as well as Sarver and whatever puppet he has at GM.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Whatever, no one that's coming back for the expiring conracts is gonna change the culture and W's. They're not available. We got who we got. Drummand... mehhh. Gordon, ok, not straight up. GS isn't dealing with us. Kennard, another MASH unit enrollee.

Wait for off season. Less time line issues. They'll have plenty of space to deal.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Doesn’t seem to be the way Jones operates.

I know we’re all pretty pissed at the moment but none of us should be surprised here. Jones literally all but said on the radio a week or so ago that they weren’t going to be major players and that with DA back, they’re a different team and they want to develop that. I think we all hold out hope that he’s just publicly not being forthright about their plans but I think at this point we just need to take Jones at his word.

Oh, they're a different team, alright. As in even worse than last year's team.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Whatever, no one that's coming back for the expiring conracts is gonna change the culture and W's. They're not available. We got who we got. Drummand... mehhh. Gordon, ok, not straight up. GS isn't dealing with us. Kennard, another MASH unit enrollee.

Wait for off season. Less time line issues. They'll have plenty of space to deal.

Space to deal for whom??? There isn't anyone on that 2020 free agent list that is going to change the culture and W's, either. And we just lost at least $10 million in salary flexibility by just letting the expiring contracts expire instead of parlaying them for longer term deals or at least trading for other players for whom the Suns might exercise Bird rights to re-sign them after going over the cap.

At this point, the Suns will have $26 million in cap space, plus the MLE, plus one draft pick...to fill 8 or 9 roster spots, including one starting spot and at least 4 or 5 rotational spots.

Good luck with that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
David Aldridge‏Verified account @davidaldridgedc

The Clippers will not be keeping Isaiah Thomas, acquired today from Washington in three-team deal with Knicks that brought Marcus Morris to LA and send Moe Harkless/picks to NYC, per league source.

12:28 PM - 6 Feb 2020

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Can we at least pick up one of these guys that is being waived, like Trey Burke, so we don't run what's left of our line-up into the ground and/or be stuck watching G Leaguers for the rest of the season?

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
It is really really hard to be a fan of this team.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Tyler Johnson, Baynes, and Saric. All assets lost without compensation.

Johnson came over in a house-clearing move and was never a real asset. I never understood the Baynes acquisition. As for Saric, his stock is very low right now; the Suns might as well hold onto him and see if he can turn things around in what's left of this season.

The "assets" weren't much to begin with. There's a reason the Suns were able to get them as cheaply as they did. If someone gives you half of a sandwich that they dug out of the trash, you can't really be faulted for not being able to sell it for $10 to someone else.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Johnson came over in a house-clearing move and was never a real asset. I never understood the Baynes acquisition. As for Saric, his stock is very low right now; the Suns might as well hold onto him and see if he can turn things around in what's left of this season.

The "assets" weren't much to begin with. There's a reason the Suns were able to get them as cheaply as they did. If someone gives you half of a sandwich that they dug out of the trash, you can't really be faulted for not being able to sell it for $10 to someone else.

And if Saric turns things around in what's left of this season, then what? He's a free agent. He walks, and the Suns still get nothing.

And to use your sandwich analogy, we are out of food, and instead of seeking out other trash cans or soup kitchens, we have decided just to lie down and die.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And if Saric turns things around in what's left of this season, then what? He's a free agent. He walks, and the Suns still get nothing.

And to use your sandwich analogy, we are out of food, and instead of seeking out other trash cans or soup kitchens, we have decided just to lie down and die.
He’s restricted.

Every time you leave your house do you fret that you might get ran over... or hit by an asteroid?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Unfreaking real. Just reported on KTAR that the Suns are indeed doing nothing and instead are selling Devin Booker on what they plan on doing over the summer in trades. Do they think Booker is stupid? Just keep kicking the can down the road indefinitely...

Burns just expressed on KTAR that the Suns have been doing this "just wait and see" approach for at least a half decade, and that this is starting to reek of the father's approach in Cat's in the Cradle...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He’s restricted.

Every time you leave your house do you fret that you might get ran over... or hit by an asteroid?

And the Suns have to renounce him in order to have the full cap space they are planning to have, thereby making him unrestricted. Try again.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And the Suns have to renounce him in order to have the full cap space they are planning to have, thereby making him unrestricted. Try again.
You don’t understand that stuff works at all.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Bickley, Marotta, Burns and Gambo are all on KTAR expressing exasperation at the lack of a plan and the lack of activity. The Suns have become a joke even to their own local media.

Why should Sarver do anything? We already gave him the worlds largest sports bar. Now he’s just gonna sit back and watch the profits roll in.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Burns and Gambo just confirmed that with the Suns letting all of their expiring contracts just expire, the only way they will be able to match salaries to make any acquisition by trade over the summer of anyone of any significance is to trade Kelly Oubre, and the Stein tween about the Suns fielding calls for Oubre was meant to drum up that market. Makes sense, and basically ends up rendering it impossible for us to make a true improvement, rather than just a lateral move.

Management is worse than incompetent.