2020 Shrine Bowl 1/18/2020

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was hoping there would be some live coverage of the practices. Haven't found anything yet
NFL Network will carry game

This is the player's roster

https://www.shrinegame.com/players

Future draft choices and UFA signings

https://www.shrinegame.com/event-schedule

Saturday, January 18, 2020
95th East-West Shrine Bowl

Location: Tropicana Field | 1 Tropicana Dr., St. Petersburg, FL 33705

3 p.m. EST Kickoff live broadcast on NFL Network
$15 General Admission TICKET DETAILS

Find out why the East-West Shrine Bowl is the premier college all-star football game in the nation! The perfect family event, the East-West Shrine Bowl is a unique opportunity to watch the best college football players compete for the benefit of Shriners Hospitals for Children.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Some dudes on that roster...

Raequan Williams DL Mich St
Daryl Williams OL Miss St.
Mitchell Wilcox TE South Florida
Calvin Throckmorten OL Oregon
Zach Shakleford OL Texas
John Runyan Jr OL Michigan
Shaq Quarterman LB Miami
Alex Highsmith LB Charlotte
Jack Driscoll OL Auburn
Myles Dorn S UNC

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Guys of note include,
Tyler Johnson, WR, MN. I rated but starting receivers as NFL prospects. He’s likely a possession receiver, but he’s a good complimentary piece.
Guys from small schools are tricky to judge speed accurately. Therefore guys who look good may drop until you get their measurables. Still Luther Kirk, S, Ill St looked to be a late round prospect who could immediately help on special teams. He’s a ballhawk who is also a sound tackler. He picks up an occasional sack as well. I grew up near ISU and my contacts say he’s worth a look. He sat out 2017 after a dispute with a coach, but he appears to have matured considerably.
If you believe in the PAC-12, Calvin Throckmorton, OT/OG, Oregon is their top lineman. PFF also likes him. He’s played everywhere on the line. He’s extremely durable and rarely penalized. He also allowed only 1 sack in his last 38 games. His top is likely RT. More likely he becomes a versatile backup. It’s not surprising he’s better at pass protection considering Oregon’s offense. The cerebral-type, he hopes to become an orthopedic surgeon.
At 6’1” Bravvion Roy is short for an NT but he can anchor and collapse the pocket. Weighing 333 helps with the anchoring and he’s more agile than you’d expect. He’s expected to run below 5.0 at the Combine. I’m curious to see what he benches as he looks extremely strong in games. It’s not clear where he’ll go in the draft until his numbers are in but I think no later than round 2, as my group is already talking him up. He’s exciting.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Guys of note include,
Tyler Johnson, WR, MN. I rated but starting receivers as NFL prospects. He’s likely a possession receiver, but he’s a good complimentary piece.
Guys from small schools are tricky to judge speed accurately. Therefore guys who look good may drop until you get their measurables. Still Luther Kirk, S, Ill St looked to be a late round prospect who could immediately help on special teams. He’s a ballhawk who is also a sound tackler. He picks up an occasional sack as well. I grew up near ISU and my contacts say he’s worth a look. He sat out 2017 after a dispute with a coach, but he appears to have matured considerably.
If you believe in the PAC-12, Calvin Throckmorton, OT/OG, Oregon is their top lineman. PFF also likes him. He’s played everywhere on the line. He’s extremely durable and rarely penalized. He also allowed only 1 sack in his last 38 games. His top is likely RT. More likely he becomes a versatile backup. It’s not surprising he’s better at pass protection considering Oregon’s offense. The cerebral-type, he hopes to become an orthopedic surgeon.
At 6’1” Bravvion Roy is short for an NT but he can anchor and collapse the pocket. Weighing 333 helps with the anchoring and he’s more agile than you’d expect. He’s expected to run below 5.0 at the Combine. I’m curious to see what he benches as he looks extremely strong in games. It’s not clear where he’ll go in the draft until his numbers are in but I think no later than round 2, as my group is already talking him up. He’s exciting.
Where did Bravvion Roy play college ball at?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sorry, he played at Baylor
Sounds like a badass DT/NG type player. We need that. I want Derrick Brown in the worst way but if we address the DL during the FA period, I would be ok with drafting a WR with the #8 pick. Or an OT.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Sounds like a badass DT/NG type player. We need that. I want Derrick Brown in the worst way but if we address the DL during the FA period, I would be ok with drafting a WR with the #8 pick. Or an OT.

Corey Peters was the only good Cardinals DL. I dont know why so many on this board keep saying the Cardinals need a NT.

If the other two linemen next to him were any good, no one would say we needed a NT. Go back and watch some tape...you'll notice that Peter's pushes his many back quite often and took on quite a few double teams.

What sucks is that you could easily argue that the Cardinals need three DEs and you wouldn't be wrong.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Corey Peters was the only good Cardinals DL. I dont know why so many on this board keep saying the Cardinals need a NT.

If the other two linemen next to him were any good, no one would say we needed a NT. Go back and watch some tape...you'll notice that Peter's pushes his many back quite often and took on quite a few double teams.

What sucks is that you could easily argue that the Cardinals need three DEs and you wouldn't be wrong.
Peters is good, but getting old. I wouldn't argue against any player on the DL at any of the three positions.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Many teams call the guy in the middle different things. DT, NG, NT etc etc. CP's is good but he's getting up there in age. You're right, he pushes his man back in the pocket a whole lot. He's from right here in Louisville, watched him grow on Saturdays for 4 yrs at the University of Kentucky games. Most SEC OL always had trouble blocking him. Love the dude. Would still love to see us draft Derrick Brown. We need talent & youth on the DL plus a whole lot of other things lol.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Peters is good, but getting old. I wouldn't argue against any player on the DL at any of the three positions.

The issue, and Keim basically is the sole cause, is that the Cardinals don't have the luxury to draft a backup NT right now. If they draft a DL, he needs to be rotational player immediately.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Let the Kreim begin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Peters is good, and could play anywhere along the D-Line, but he is getting older. We need young talent, and if that happens to be a 340lb NT who stuff the run, I'm fine with Peters moving to DE.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’m worried if something were to happen to him. A quality backup that could spell peters for 10 or 15 plays may keep him healthy and fresher.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Peters is good, and could play anywhere along the D-Line, but he is getting older. We need young talent, and if that happens to be a 340lb NT who stuff the run, I'm fine with Peters moving to DE.

I think you do raise a good point, but the Cardinals are so bad at 3-4 DE, that it would be a real bad idea to use a draft pick on a NT.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
I think you do raise a good point, but the Cardinals are so bad at 3-4 DE, that it would be a real bad idea to use a draft pick on a NT.

I think we have our backup NT and his name is UDFA Miles Brown. Assuming he works hard this offseason and arrives in decent shape (or as in shape as a fat man can be), he should be Peters backup. We can always bring back someone like Zach Kerr if Brown isn’t the guy. I think we can win with that.

Our focus really needs to be acquiring a stud, pro bowl type 3-4 DE / 5 technique to play opposite Zach Allen that can run stuff, collapse the pocket, and keep the LBs clean. I believe the Cardinals are interested in Chris Jones, but that’s going to be a HEFTY price.

I’d prefer spreading the love more across three levels than blowing our wad on one difference maker. We still need a fast, instinctive WILB to play opposite Hicks and a rangy, ball-hawking FS cause Budda ain’t it. I think we will make due with Reddick at SOLB and re-sign Marsh as backup.

My choices are:

FA J Hargrave or V Butler - 34DE
#8 I Simmons - WILB
FA J Simmons or B Jones - FS

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I disagree. If there is a NT in the mid rounds that could become a staple on our D-Line for the next 4 years Im all for it. Like you said, we are really bad along the whole d-line...so I'll take any talent upgrade we can get. And peters is only signed for 1 more year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson