Byron Murphy & Chris Jones

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The defense in general looked ok and good enough to deal with Squeak's ups and downs.

Yeah, a rookie QB has ups and downs his first NFL game, let me call into ESPN right now and brief them with this shocking revelation. The fact that he was able to find the confidence to turn it around and didn't self-loathe shows something. Rosen would have never lead us back to put us in a position to win. I just don't understand the Murray criticism, need a larger sample size first.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Without PP21 and Alford, I was ready to see the air go out of the pass coverage balloon with a great big whooosh!

Didn't happen. Murph, Brock Sr and Jones stepped up and kept us credible...& then some.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Our LBs cannot cover a TE. Too slow and will continue to be exposed.

ill give the Lions credit on a couple: they got the matchup they wanted and executed it

its a testament to having a TE that is a credible in line blocker but can also run routes

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Was really impressed with Murphy. I think if we had Alford and PP, we win this game. Imagine being like three deep with CB's...
Guess which super team is better in their secondary than on their line? Patriots.

So, when P2 and Alford return this secondary has a chance to be nasty good one.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
If Keim just keeps drafting off the PFF board going forward we may have a nice all around roster in a couple years. Murphy was their #6 prospect, Kyler #1.
Ha! They could hire PFF’s COMPUTER as GM for 1/2 the price of Keim.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
These guys really stepped up. Can't wait to see this defense when Peterson and Alford return.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yeah, a rookie QB has ups and downs his first NFL game, let me call into ESPN right now and brief them with this shocking revelation. The fact that he was able to find the confidence to turn it around and didn't self-loathe shows something. Rosen would have never lead us back to put us in a position to win. I just don't understand the Murray criticism, need a larger sample size first.
I think you are making more out of my comment than what it actually says.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Their rookie TE torched us.

But's what's new about that? :)

While it seems like business as usual for us (and it is) that kid is a Gronkowski level freak athlete. I don't feel as bad about this one. He is going to be a very special player if he stays healthy.