2019 Farm system stuff

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I think him falling in the Top 30 rankings will actually help him because now the pressure of being a top prospect doesn't weigh as heavily on him. He was projected to replace a legend here in ARZ as he may have felt the need to try really hard to make the majors to live up to those expectations but now with all eyes on Thomas, Robinson and Varsho he can fly under the radar and take his time to develop.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This kid is the best in an exciting group of young pitching prospects in our system, IMO. Gallen and Duplantier rate higher now but Kelly could be an ace the way he is developing.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news.

HTF do the Dodgers keep have a good farm?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good news.

HTF do the Dodgers keep have a good farm?

They are clearly very good and identifying and developing talent. How often do they make trades and ship off talented prospects?

Everyone ******* about the money they spend but they do a very good job of home growing players.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are clearly very good and identifying and developing talent. How often do they make trades and ship off talented prospects?

Everyone ******* about the money they spend but they do a very good job of home growing players.

Yup - but the money allows them to KEEP them as well. You don't see the Dodgers sending top prospects to help dump salaries

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup - but the money allows them to KEEP them as well. You don't see the Dodgers sending top prospects to help dump salaries

I agree 100%. It is perfect. They identify talent, develop that talent and have the money to keep that talent. We hate them but you gotta admire them a little.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They also have the money to make mistakes, the dbacks make a mistake like Tomas and it has an impact for a few years. The dodgers make the same mistake they just fix it. Allows them to take more risks which in turn increases the opportunity for higher reward.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Would love to see him get a September call up. Not sure he is on the 40 man though .

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Varsho will probably change positions with the way Kelly has played. Between Varsho, Beer and Walker I’d say Walker would be the best athlete to play LF.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Varsho will probably change positions with the way Kelly has played. Between Varsho, Beer and Walker I’d say Walker would be the best athlete to play LF.
Eventually, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Varsho slides into the Avila role next season.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eventually, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Varsho slides into the Avila role next season.

More likely end of 2020 or 2021

They should resign Avila on a one year deal. If Varsho continues his trajectory, Sept call up in 2020

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson