OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any word on BUtler/Isabella? How is Murray out of the pocket? Based on what yall observed, do yall see him as strictly a pocket passer who can run, even moreso than Wilson?

Isabella looked much faster than the rest of the receivers but the guy that stood out was Johnson

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
wot.

His concentration & body control are elite. Great hands. Ball skills are amazing. He’s so natural going up & get it.

Only thing he needs to work on is being more deceptive on his routes.

Yeah that's what I've seen. Doesnt create a ton of separation from his routes.

Hes kind of like NKeal Harry a bit. Bigger receiver who hasn't had to run great routes yet.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Good 2020 list of WRs:

https://sports.yahoo.com/2020-nfl-draft-stock-receivers-032002312.html

Today I rewatched every throw from Murray vs. Alabama and then watched Trevor Lawrence vs. Alabama.

While Lawrence was "better", what really jumped out is how well Clemson's offensive line played, as well as their receivers. Clemson is just so good right now...which I hate because I like the Gamecocks, not the Tigers.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I've seen. Doesnt create a ton of separation from his routes.

Hes kind of like NKeal Harry a bit. Bigger receiver who hasn't had to run great routes yet.
He’s more fluid & more sudden out of his breaks than N’Keal was though. Tee Higgins is more N’Keal than CD is.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He’s more fluid & more sudden out of his breaks than N’Keal was though. Tee Higgins is more N’Keal than CD is.

Jeudy is the real prize.

Shenault is a beast.

I'm thinking offensive line this coming draft. Best crop in years.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m surprised you liked Cal & Hollywood more than CeeDee. I think CD is easily a better prospect than Hollywood & will be a top 3 WR off the board in a stacked WR class come 2020.
CeeDee Lamb averaged 12.8 yards per Punt Return for Oklahoma last year also. 2nd in the Big 12 and 8th nationally.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Chris Sanders, thanks for your posts about yesterday's practice. It sounded to me (reading about the drops) that the team, coming off a no-practice day, was kind of sluggish. How would you grade the team, A to F?

Reaction score
My report: Chloe had fun. I saw very little. Did meet Chandler Jones though. Training camp is definitely different as a mom.

You must be registered for see images

Wow. Seems like only yesterday you guys were bringing her home from the hospital. Time sure does fly by.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Sanders, thanks for your posts about yesterday's practice. It sounded to me (reading about the drops) that the team, coming off a no-practice day, was kind of sluggish. How would you grade the team, A to F?

During the drills a D. Murray looked good but guys just weren't focused.

During the organized practice probably a B- just based on Murray, Fitz, Johnson and Johnson

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe Michael thinks our opponents in December are just that important to see on national TV? :beer:

Where are you finding 7-8 wins by the time we play the Rams the first time?

That's wild.
I'm being cautiously optimistic but I really do think this team will surprise everyone. I see no reason why we can't beat the Lions to start the season & the Ravens have Lamar Jackson as their QB, he can't pass a lick, horrible passing a football. Our offense will keep us in games scoring points. The season hinges more on the defense imo. If the defense is top 5-15 we will be over .500 for sure.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine..

I get people not liking extremely optimistic takes, but assuming 4-8 after 12 games before we have seen a single snap seems a bit ridiculous to me.
Considering we went 3-13 last year 4-8 after 12 is an improvement. Even if they just finished 1-3 they’d be 66% better than last year.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Even after the year we had last year, I hope for, at least 9 or 10 wins.

The only real place I read about football is on this site. I don't go to other sites, ie., espn, other sites I can't think of, because I don't visit them, to read about Cardinal football. I just don't.

So, from what I've read on here, I think we will have a good year. Drinking the Kool Aid. :):koolaid:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The only real place I read about football is on this site. I don't go to other sites, ie., espn, other sites I can't think of, because I don't visit them, to read about Cardinal football. I just don't.

So, from what I've read on here, I think we will have a good year. Drinking the Kool Aid. :):koolaid:

Historically, that is just a bad assumption. Even the best rookie qb's don't have winning first years. Look at Mayfield last year - he was comparable to kyler in college, and the Browns are probably a more talented team than the cards, yet they did not have a winning season.

Really we need to be happy if Kyler just shows the potential to be a franchise qb this year, if he does our future is bright. Expecting more than that, and you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's all just been training camp and the Cardinals O vs the Cardinals D. It's so hard to predict how it will all come together in the regular season.

For me 9-10 win isn't out of the realm of possibility but I just don't see it yet. Based off of what I've seen so far I would say 6-8 wins would be more realistic. However the offense will be much more exciting to watch!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Considering we went 3-13 last year 4-8 after 12 is an improvement. Even if they just finished 1-3 they’d be 66% better than last year.
It's not that I can't see a world where the cardinals win 4-5 games or 9-10 games, but the problem I have is with the confidence that people seem to have with their predicted win totals. Making those assumptions with an heir of confidence just seems odd to me. There is just so many unknowns with this team and while I think it's fair to have some doubts about the prospect of them being good, I also think we need to see how this actually translates to the field to confidently make predictions.

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Historically, that is just a bad assumption. Even the best rookie qb's don't have winning first years. Look at Mayfield last year - he was comparable to kyler in college, and the Browns are probably a more talented team than the cards, yet they did not have a winning season.

Really we need to be happy if Kyler just shows the potential to be a franchise qb this year, if he does our future is bright. Expecting more than that, and you are setting yourself up for disappointment.
One big caveat though is that KM is coming into a situation where he already knows a large majority of the offense he will be running in the NFL. Even Fitz has made mention to just how far ahead of the curve that he is in comparison to where other rookies usually are at this point.

For most rookie QBs (Baker last year as well) they come in having to learn a whole new offense to what they have been running in college as well as having to adjust to the step up in speed and competition and there is big learning curve that comes with that. Kyler on the other hand is already very familiar with the offense and can use camp and preseason to get a feel for the speed of things at this level.

Obviously we will have to wait and see how it all plays out, but because of this advantage I wouldn't be surprised if KM looks more like a vet out there than your typical rookie QB.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Depends on what history you're looking at. If the Cards defense can show a pulse, mobile QBs have historically done exceptionally well as rookie starters.

Even Baker went 5-3 in the second half after Hue was placed in the nearest trash can.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Looking at our schedule, I just don't see how we win more than 6 games even if things go right.

I think you can argue that in a good season, we beat the Lions at home, Bengals on the road, Giants on the road, and either the 49ers or Seahawks at home. After that...I can't see it.

Do we really think in Murray's 3rd and 4th starts, we will beat the Panthers and Seahawks at home, and without Patrick Peterson?

The Bucs on the road winning our 3rd early start, East Coast road game?

Even the 49ers at home is a bad spot as it will be our 3rd game in 12 days.

Our late home stretch is the Rams, Steelers, and Browns. Ooof.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looking at our schedule, I just don't see how we win more than 6 games even if things go right.

I think you can argue that in a good season, we beat the Lions at home, Bengals on the road, Giants on the road, and either the 49ers or Seahawks at home. After that...I can't see it.

Do we really think in Murray's 3rd and 4th starts, we will beat the Panthers and Seahawks at home, and without Patrick Peterson?

This time last year, I doubt anyone here had us going to Lambeau & beating the Packers.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

If there is one thing I have learned about the NFL is that you can not determine the difficulty of your schedule before the season.

There are so many factors that come into play when considering these things. Mainly injuries and teams under-performing expectations.

There will likely be games where we face banged up teams that on paper should have been a scheduled loss, but without half their starters and their starting QB they ended up being a pushover.

We may actually look back at the schedule at the end of the season and view it as much easier than expected or than what it was on paper before the season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson