Kawhi and George to Clippers

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Which teams need a point guard, fit his timeline and have the assets to trade for him without gutting their team?
It would be a very Miami thing to do to trade for Westbrook. The Knicks would be interesting just because they need something to root for.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I could definitely see the Knicks moving for Westbrook. They need to make a splash in the biggest way of any franchise out there, have younger talent and potentially valuable draft picks (their own) to offer. And best of all, they don't really need to add that much to at least be a playoff team because the East is so watered down.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
It would be a very Miami thing to do to trade for Westbrook. The Knicks would be interesting just because they need something to root for.

Do either of those teams have enough assets?
Is there a locker room large enough for Butler and Westbrook?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do either of those teams have enough assets?

You say that as if you think it would be a lot so I'm curious as to what you think those assets would be (roughly)? AFAIC the assets we should offer would be nothing. I'd rather have the cap space than Westbrook for 4 more seasons at almost 43M per year. That's a lot of money for a player who appears to be in serious decline, there's no way I'd give away assets to assume that contract.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I wonder where Westbrook is going to go, they are apparently going to trade him and completely start the rebuild

It depends a lot on whether they move him now or in December. What's the magic date on which new FA acquisitions can be traded? Even the Suns could be players for Westbrook, theoretically.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
You say that as if you think it would be a lot so I'm curious as to what you think those assets would be (roughly)? AFAIC the assets we should offer would be nothing. I'd rather have the cap space than Westbrook for 4 more seasons at almost 43M per year. That's a lot of money for a player who appears to be in serious decline, there's no way I'd give away assets to assume that contract.

Yep, Westbrook’s a great player but those supermax contracts are killers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I wonder where Westbrook is going to go, they are apparently going to trade him and completely start the rebuild
Knicks would be a great destination. Imagine supplementing all the picks OKC just received with a bevy of knicks first rounders?!?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I do think we over rate picks. The Clipper picks are going to be late first round. The Miami puck could be Ok since I think Miami needs a lot more than Jimmy Butler to succeed.

All those picks likely translate into fairly mediocre players. The likelihood of ANY of them being in the lottery is slim.
But here’s the thing, over 6 years they’re going have like 11 first rounders. All they need is for two to hit big and they’re set with their core again. It also allows them to trade up in drafts and trade for disgruntled stars.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw on one of the Lakers forums that some of their fans want some kind of action against the Clippers and Kawhi for tampering/collusion. That is rich... what a bunch of jackweasels. :D
:biglaugh: If they call that pollution then the clickers should be banned from the NBA for 100 years

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just saw on one of the Lakers forums that some of their fans want some kind of action against the Clippers and Kawhi for tampering/collusion. That is rich... what a bunch of jackweasels. :D
Pot, meet kettle.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
But here’s the thing, over 6 years they’re going have like 11 first rounders. All they need is for two to hit big and they’re set with their core again. It also allows them to trade up in drafts and trade for disgruntled stars.

Let's just hope Devin Booker isn't one of those "disgruntled stars"...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t think there’s such thing as a “ Riley type” player. He’s coached/signed every different kind of team/player imaginable.
Name me a player he’s rostered that reflects a Westbrook.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I didn't think Jimmy Butler was either.
What? Butler places a premium on defense. A common calling card of Riley teams.

I don’t get burned bc that’s not a good team and butler doesn’t help build for the future.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson