Dumbo

Release date: March 29, 2019
Studio: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Tim Burton
MPAA Rating: N/A
Screenwriter: Ehren Kruger
Genre: Fantasy, Family
Websites: Official Website| YouTube| Facebook| Twitter| Instagram

Starring: Colin Farrell, Michael Keaton, Danny DeVito, Eva Green, Nico Parker Rooney, Douglas Reith, Joseph Gatt, Alan Arkin

Plot Summary: From Disney and visionary director Tim Burton, the all-new grand live-action adventure “Dumbo” expands on the beloved classic story where differences are celebrated, family is cherished and dreams take flight. Circus owner Max Medici (Danny DeVito) enlists former star Holt Farrier (Colin Farrell) and his children Milly (Nico Parker) and Joe (Finley Hobbins) to care for a newborn elephant whose oversized ears make him a laughingstock in an already struggling circus. But when they discover that Dumbo can fly, the circus makes an incredible comeback, attracting persuasive entrepreneur V.A. Vandevere (Michael Keaton), who recruits the peculiar pachyderm for his newest, larger-than-life entertainment venture, Dreamland. Dumbo soars to new heights alongside a charming and spectacular aerial artist, Colette Marchant (Eva Green), until Holt learns that beneath its shiny veneer, Dreamland is full of dark secrets.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My wife got the tickets for this yesterday going on Friday. Dumbo has always been my favorite Disney movie . I want to see this and I kind of don’t want to see this. Hopefully it’s good.

It’s funny how Colin Farrell was the new Hollywood bad boy when he first came on the scene sex tape and all now he’s the go to Disney dad lol.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
My wife got the tickets for this yesterday going on Friday. Dumbo has always been my favorite Disney movie . I want to see this and I kind of don’t want to see this. Hopefully it’s good.

It’s funny how Colin Farrell was the new Hollywood bad boy when he first came on the scene sex tape and all now he’s the go to Disney dad lol.

I've been looking forward to this for a long time. I had this story on cassette when I was young and would read along in the accompanying book. I had a bunch of those, but this was my favorite.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...Dumbo soars to new heights alongside a charming and spectacular aerial artist, Colette Marchant (Eva Green), until Holt learns that beneath its shiny veneer, Dreamland is full of dark secrets.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This just went from a pass to a very excited YES!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just walked out of this.

New levels of bad here. The story isn’t even close to the same the only thing in common is Dumbo himself other than that nothing that you’ll remember.

Really broke my heart.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just walked out of this.

New levels of bad here. The story isn’t even close to the same the only thing in common is Dumbo himself other than that nothing that you’ll remember.

Really broke my heart.

Bummer. Had heard a couple of reviews and that was their knock on it too. The original was one of Disney's shortest animated films at 64 minutes and this one comes in at just under 2 hours so they had to make up a lot of stuff to extend the time.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bummer. Had heard a couple of reviews and that was their knock on it too. The original was one of Disney's shortest animated films at 64 minutes and this one comes in at just under 2 hours so they had to make up a lot of stuff to extend the time.

But the story isn’t even really good. It’s super stiff acting and a lot of head scratching things.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson