Bosa compared to....

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does Bosa compare to Suggs, Mack and Von Miller when they were coming out of college?

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For one, they weren’t injured coming into the draft, so I would say Bosa is a peg down from the get go. And none of them were a #1 overall pick.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How does Bosa compare to Suggs, Mack and Von Miller when they were coming out of college?

Better. Miller was vastly undersized. Suggs was slow as molasses in workouts. And Mack hadn't really proved it against big time competition.

Take it for what it's worth, but PFF has it's highest grade on Bosa for the seasons he's had at OSU. He's a freak, who plays hard and with really good technique. The Cardinals haven't had a clear shot at a guy this good on the edge since I've been watching the team.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Easily better than Suggs coming out. Von was pretty polished while having a legendary get off & bend. Mack dominated Ohio State, but some were still skeptical cause of competition.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s better all around than those guys. So he’s not as athletic as Mack or Miller but he’s still pretty damn athletic but he is stronger and a better pass rusher he has moves on top of moves and his hands are as good as we have ever seen coming out.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Easily better than Suggs coming out. Von was pretty polished while having a legendary get off & bend. Mack dominated Ohio State, but some were still skeptical cause of competition.

Miller was tiny coming out. Bosa is significantly bigger. What I love about Bosa is you see him beat tackles off the edge one play and the next you see him bullrush.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
What`s not to like.The kid Bosa has power,hands,technique and great work ethic and can get around the edge and also stack the run.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
what about Ryan Kerrigan? I think that's the closer comp with the size, the speed, the way he gets off the line quickly and just bulldozes the OL.

Bosa is a freak athlete.. when healthy

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
A question that cannot be answered until Bosa has held his workouts. But Miller would fit best.

Suggs dominated at the collegial level, but was a huge disappointment in workouts.
Mack was a work-out freak. Played against lower level of competition so not considered as proven.
Miller dominated and had great work-outs despite being a bit under-sized.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He looks like a bigger version of Miller to me. However his technique is more polished. He also plays the run better than any of those guys. He be a hard talent to pass but I’d still have to consider a great deal.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. So as I see it he is very comparable to the 3 names mentioned. If we know, think or believe Bosa has the chance to be the next Miller, Mack or Suggs would we simply be crazy to not take him?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. So as I see it he is very comparable to the 3 names mentioned. If we know, think or believe Bosa has the chance to be the next Miller, Mack or Suggs would we simply be crazy to not take him?

Simple answer is yes we’d be crazy...although if some team overpaid for the pick I’d consider it.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I’m a bit worried about the injury factor, but Otherwise he’s as sure fire as They come. Only reason I see him not going #1 is a monster workout from the other Josh Allen

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
what about Ryan Kerrigan? I think that's the closer comp with the size, the speed, the way he gets off the line quickly and just bulldozes the OL.

Bosa is a freak athlete.. when healthy

He's much more polished than Kerrigan was. Much quicker, stronger.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would consider a trade down if the team stays in the top ten AND adds mulitple 1st and 2nd rounders. I'm talking 6 picks at least.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think you take Bosa. We need pass rush for our man to man defensive CBs to work. Then I would go in on OL in the draft. I think we can free agent WR. You can't do everything, but we NEED OL. Also, WR needs help! TE would be a dream.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you take Bosa. We need pass rush for our man to man defensive CBs to work. Then I would go in on OL in the draft. I think we can free agent WR. You can't do everything, but we NEED OL. Also, WR needs help! TE would be a dream.
We need to go out and get a wr and an olineman in free agency. We cannot hope our guy is there when we are on the clock. There will be a decent wr in the draft in rounds 3 and 4.