Kyler Murray entering Draft

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
There is no possible way that Murray makes it past pick 5 IMO. Kyler, Saquon, and OBJ would devastate the NFL and give the Giants a never ending date on Sunday Night Football.

Gimme a break with all this round 2 stuff. The guy will be top 5 at worst. And probably top 3 with the Raiders.

If he declares..... And is committed to the NFL...... He will either be our pick at 1 or someone else's pick at #1.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is no possible way that Murray makes it past pick 5 IMO. Kyler, Saquon, and OBJ would devastate the NFL and give the Giants a never ending date on Sunday Night Football.

Gimme a break with all this round 2 stuff. The guy will be top 5 at worst. And probably top 3 with the Raiders.

If he declares..... And is committed to the NFL...... He will either be our pick at 1 or someone else's pick at #1.

He's not that guy. He's nice but he's not that guy.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards are sticking with Rosen but trading down and getting lots of picks may be now a more real option. IMO having the number one pick is huge.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
FWIW

KK said the same thing about Manziel (would take him with #1 pick). I am sure he said the same thing about Mahomes too.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok, I have never seen this guy play, not a college football fan.

But I just watched his highlights and I am impressed. This dude is really fast.

He looks like a super version of Wilson. His stats look great too.

I think the cards actually do have to consider this guy.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is he smart enough to be an NFL quarterback? No idea, just asking. The biggest transition to the NFL is between the ears for a qb.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
He's smart to declare this year with a dearth of quality QBs coming out this year. It raises his value.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Kyler loved Kliff in the recruiting process when he was in high school. But ultimately went to A&M primarily because of his father’s connection there.

By the time he wanted to transfer out of A&M, Kliff was on the hot seat. He made a great choice with Oklahoma.

I thought it was interesting the GM mentioned Kliff’s ability to identify QB talent, not just develop it. So are they not 100% sold on Josh Rosen? Are they wanting Kliff to help them find a Plan B option in case Rosen turns into a bust?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

***if he were concentrating solely on football...

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Kyler loved Kliff in the recruiting process when he was in high school. But ultimately went to A&M primarily because of his father’s connection there.

By the time he wanted to transfer out of A&M, Kliff was on the hot seat. He made a great choice with Oklahoma.

I thought it was interesting the GM mentioned Kliff’s ability to identify QB talent, not just develop it. So are they not 100% sold on Josh Rosen? Are they wanting Kliff to help them find a Plan B option in case Rosen turns into a bust?

Welcome to the board...I lived in Lubbock 1990-1992. Loved it.

I think they are sold on Rosen and will give it 100%. However, the bonus with KK is his QB identify/develop skills as you mentioned. They would be wise to add 2 back-up QB's this year (no way we keep Glennon in Air Raid...right?) that are more traditional Air Raid. The benefit is they know the system and can be groomed as insurance or trade capital down the road.

I don't see them taking Murray. You won't be able to get squat for Rosen right now, Murray also has baseball aspirations, Kyler is really small for NFL, and you have too many other holes to fill. Roll the dice with Rosen and develop some additional guys for future.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome to the board...I lived in Lubbock 1990-1992. Loved it.

I think they are sold on Rosen and will give it 100%. However, the bonus with KK is his QB identify/develop skills as you mentioned. They would be wise to add 2 back-up QB's this year (no way we keep Glennon in Air Raid...right?) that are more traditional Air Raid. The benefit is they know the system and can be groomed as insurance or trade capital down the road.

I don't see them taking Murray. You won't be able to get squat for Rosen right now, Murray also has baseball aspirations, Kyler is really small for NFL, and you have too many other holes to fill. Roll the dice with Rosen and develop some additional guys for future.

My first thought is get Davis Webb. Currently on Jets practice squad. Kliff has said Webb is going to be a coach. Very smart kid. He would be able to help teach the offense/vocabulary to Rosen.

Webb also has legit talent with similar velocity at the Combine to Mahomes. He’s got the big frame of a traditional QB at 6-5. He could be a pretty good backup plan if Rosen isn’t able to develop.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I wonder if Brees wins the Super Bowl this year people won't be so worried about size?
He already has 1... so does Russ. Flutie may have 1, too, if Wade hadn't f'ed up his playoff appearance with Buffalo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
FWIW

KK said the same thing about Manziel (would take him with #1 pick). I am sure he said the same thing about Mahomes too.
And probably Keenum...

But here's the rub...he coached those guys, so saying it is expected. Did he ever coach Murray???

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I lik

Sometimes reality is a bitch but Rosen just turned in one of the worst almost full seasons by a QB in a looooonnnngggg time.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
And probably Keenum...

But here's the rub...he coached those guys, so saying it is expected. Did he ever coach Murray???

Did not coach him but recruited him and Kyler loved him. I think if Kliff was able to win more instead of be on the hot seat a couple years later, Kyler would have transferred to Tech. He made a great choice with Oklahoma.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If, by long time, you mean by a rookie not named Jared Goff, you're right.

To an extent, you’re right. Goff didn’t play in nearly as many games though iirc and I’m still not sold on him.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
My first thought is get Davis Webb. Currently on Jets practice squad. Kliff has said Webb is going to be a coach. Very smart kid. He would be able to help teach the offense/vocabulary to Rosen.

Webb also has legit talent with similar velocity at the Combine to Mahomes. He’s got the big frame of a traditional QB at 6-5. He could be a pretty good backup plan if Rosen isn’t able to develop.

Unfortunately, Webb was signed to active roster late in the season. I do like the idea though...would have to hope he get gets cut or trade a late pick for him (or Glennon). :)

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
If Chip Kelly can get Sam Bradford and Nick Foles to work in his system, I have faith that Kliff can do similar with Rosen.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
He might really be just around 5 ft 8 inches. He would be smarter playing baseball.
5'8 is bordering on dwarf size for an NFL QB. Even if he could see over his linemen the little fella would be crushed when he got sacked? Wont make for a long career. lol

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
5'8 is bordering on dwarf size for an NFL QB. Even if he could see over his linemen the little fella would be crushed when he got sacked? Wont make for a long career. lol

5'8 180(ish) is basically the size of Antonio Brown.

I don't see it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn