Cam Newton Blasts Refs After Win

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://larrybrownsports.com/football/cam-newton-bullcrap-officials-referees/331250

"Newton said after the Panthers’ 30-20 win over the Cardinals Sunday the lack of protection from officials was “bullcrap.” He added that he doesn’t feel safe anymore. Newton says officials have taken the fun out of the game from him. Newton said he plans to talk with Roger Goodell about his concerns."

Maybe he should learn how to slide feet 1st if he doesn't want to be hit.

SamMills51

Reaction score
Those hits he took that were called were mind-boggling. That uncalled hit on Palmer was insane as well. The refs were all around terrible today. Any QB would be concerned if they were getting the hits Cam is taking. Most wouldn't make it out alive honestly. The refs need to look over stuff like this, and start getting their game together. It was terrible officiating all around today.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
http://larrybrownsports.com/football/cam-newton-bullcrap-officials-referees/331250

"Newton said after the Panthers’ 30-20 win over the Cardinals Sunday the lack of protection from officials was “bullcrap.” He added that he doesn’t feel safe anymore. Newton says officials have taken the fun out of the game from him. Newton said he plans to talk with Roger Goodell about his concerns."

Maybe he should learn how to slide feet 1st if he doesn't want to be hit.

I'm not a newton fan but he's talking about getting hit illegally in the pocket while passing and not getting any calls. Because he isn't getting any calls. Bet your ass if someone hit Brady in the knees the way we hit cam today that's a flag 100% of the time. Cam doesn't get poo for calls and I don't blame him for being mad.

OP
OP
jbeecham

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Palmer got sacked below the knees today too... you didn't see him crying to the refs or blasting officials after the game about it. Palmer probably took 3x the hits that Cam did today & Palmer isn't whining about the game not being fun anymore & needing to complain to the league commissioner.

Cam acts like he's the only QB to get hit.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm glad Cam feels that way, because this was the worst officiated game I have ever seen. They missed calls both ways constantly, while atleast 50% of the flags they did throw were flat out incorrect or head scratchers, as was constantly pointed out by the Fox crew and Mike P.

The officiating in the NFL is one of the reasons ratings are down no question. It's horrible right now. They need to fire all these old farts who have been around too long and bring in a new crop of guys who aren't afraid to do their jobs and who dont have preconceived bias about certain players.

Oh and it would help if the NFL would actually do something about it currently, you know, like fine an official or suspend a whole crew. Perfect example was that ref today who had a total emotional reaction to Palmer because he was sick of hearing it from him AND Cam. That cant ever happen.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Those hits he took that were called were mind-boggling. That uncalled hit on Palmer was insane as well. The refs were all around terrible today. Any QB would be concerned if they were getting the hits Cam is taking. Most wouldn't make it out alive honestly. The refs need to look over stuff like this, and start getting their game together. It was terrible officiating all around today.

In all fairness, running is a primary weapon of Cams and he's not sliding feet first and he's a friggin TE in size which necessitates a big hit. He doesn't want to get, don't run or slide. You can't be the bully offensively when it suits you and then want protection. He didn't take any more hard hits in the pocket than did Carson today. Cripes, Carson had his helmet ripped off.

And Cam's my fantasy QB for two years running, so know that I don't want him hurt. But I understand what's going on objectively. In the Denver game he had a right to complain. Today? Not so much.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm not a newton fan but he's talking about getting hit illegally in the pocket while passing and not getting any calls. Because he isn't getting any calls. Bet your ass if someone hit Brady in the knees the way we hit cam today that's a flag 100% of the time. Cam doesn't get **** for calls and I don't blame him for being mad.
At least they called that consistently. No call on low hit on Carson too.

OP
OP
jbeecham

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Campbell's shot on Cam was 100% illegal.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I don't think anyone is denying that... just like the low hit on Palmer earlier.

It's just really hypocritical for Cam to complain about officiating when his team was gifted a TD by the refs that got them off to a 24-0 start.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Palmer took a low blow on the play he was hurt a few weeks back with no flag thrown.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
And yet he's drawn the most personal fouls at the QB position the last 4 years.

They miss numerous low hits on every QB IMO. The guy laughs it up, does his BS celebrating & cries like a baby when his team does not do well. Get over it

Last edited:

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
I thought the low hit was a textbook penalty for hitting the QB at the knees. Stunned it didn't get called.

Cam has nothing to stand on relating to the head-shot he took down the field diving forward for more yardage. That was a clean play. He doesn't like it, learn to slide feet.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson