Cardinals @ Dbacks Series Thread

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The roof

Steve and BB made reference to a former Pitcher under BB (without saying Curt Schilling by name) as having insisted that the roof be closed when he pitched.

The Fox1 announcers last night said that Chase Field is very close to Coors Field in terms of the ball flying off the bat.

Perhaps the D-backs shouldn't wait for the temperature to hit 100 to close the roof. It is their prerogative.

The open roof has played a role in the horrible starts of our two new additions at the top of the rotation and our disappointing record at home vs. on the road.

As a fan, I want to see what is best for our team while playing at home. I can get open air any time I want.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I cannot understand why any fielder would slide to catch a ball, unless to stop him from hitting a wall or fence. You slide to slow down (such as a runner overrunning a base), not to catch up with a ball. And you don't have control of catching a ball while on your back.

Diving to make a catch is a different story, because you are extending yourself at the last minute and leaning forward rather than backward.

If Owings had not gone into a slide, he would have reached the ball in the air. And Shelby Miller might have continued pitching well and not come apart.

I wish coaches stressed this with their ballplayers in Spring Training rather than punishing them during the season (Owings has been benched tonight.) If they did, and he disregarded it, he should be punished. Whether playing SS, 2B or CF.

The whole team outside of Ahmed is playing just bonehead, little league defense right now. Sliding to look cool when you don't need to, not covering correct bases, misjudging fly balls, throwing errors, fielding errors. I think This team is struggling under the weight of their own expectations.

There was a play the other night where Ahmed was calling off Gosslin and someone else and they didn't move and Ahmed got it anyways and just looked at them both like; what is wrong with these people? Lol

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 walks so far for Corbin tonight. Just gave up a 3 run triple to the pitcher. Ouuuuch.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
All of the starting pitchers are having more trouble with their command than I have ever seen. Could it have anything to do with the new pitching coach? This is wild.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This team can't hire pitching coaches to save their lives. This is an absolute joke.

I was hoping they turned a corner. Makes me a little sick. Oh well still going to Fridays game.

Last edited:

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was hopping they turned a corner. Makes me a little sick. Oh well still going to Fridays game.

The bats still end up making for a couple fun innings every game.

They all need a day off to be honest. Our schedule was brutal to start the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The bats still end up making for a couple fun innings every game.

They all need a day off to be honest. Our schedule was brutal to start the season.

A day or two off would be nice.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh to be a fly on TLR's office wall. Big contract and big trade stil have not solved the SP troubles. It'll be interesting to see how much patience he has before deciding to make some changes/moves.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What moves are possible?

- Pitching coach change
- Looking for a CF
- Looking for more reliable SP via trade (TLR & DS have proved no prospect is untouchable and have spent too much money to turn back to developing their prospects stance)

They can't go on like this, fans are going to get restless, who cares you may say, lower attendance numbers will cause management to care.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
- Pitching coach change
- Looking for a CF
- Looking for more reliable SP via trade (TLR & DS have proved no prospect is untouchable and have spent too much money to turn back to developing their prospects stance)

They can't go on like this, fans are going to get restless, who cares you may say, lower attendance numbers will cause management to care.

i'd guess they will add a slip and slide to get fans more interested rather than bring in players who want to win. they already have a dog park, and uniforms fit for a dog outfit

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Owings back in center. Drury in LF, looks like they are trying to give him more playing time. Good.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Man Ruby is pitching well tonight. Even balls are just missing the corners. He is really running it up there too. Hope he can make it through 7 that would be a big lift for him and the team

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Wow Ruby. This cards offense was on FIRE and he has just flat out dominated today. Really impressive outing for RDL

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow Ruby. This cards offense was on FIRE and he has just flat out dominated today. Really impressive outing for RDL

Yup

7 innings. 2 hits. 0 Runs

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I like him. If he gets it he could be great IMO.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Atta boy Huddy

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The amount of Cards fans there is just sad.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
All the transplants go to Dbacks games when their team plays here. Dodgers, Giants, Cardinals, Phillies, Cubs, Yankees, etc. The list goes on and on. Welcome to the place every moves so they can support the city they moved from.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson