Jordan Schultz Tweet: Suns now Frontrunner for Amar'e

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good for the Suns and good for Amare. I hope it happens. I must admit I am nostalgic. Amare could not only help the Suns this season but hopefully in the future if the Suns doctors can do their magic. The Suns would have have to move a player to make room.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns have plenty of room for a player that can play center and PF.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'd probably prefer him over Plumlee.

They both suck defensively but one is at least still somewhat competent offensively.

I'm not buying this tweet though, Jordan Schultz does seem very credible. Plus why is Len's injury such a huge concern when I thought their only holding out til the AS break as a precaution.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only if he comes cheaply and doesn't take any Len minutes when Len is healthy. :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only if he comes cheaply and doesn't take any Len minutes when Len is healthy. :)

There would be plenty of minutes for Len even if Amare started at center. Also Amare would likely get minutes at PF as well. The Suns need help on their frontline even with the signing of Wright.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
There would be plenty of minutes for Len even if Amare started at center. Also Amare would likely get minutes at PF as well. The Suns need help on their frontline even with the signing of Wright.
If a team is over .500 and goes 1-1, it lowers their winning percentage.

If a team is under .500 and goes 1-1, it raises their winning percentage.

Although the Suns are over.500 for a flashy first half, they are not a strong team.

The addition of Amar'e at this stage of his career (and at this time of the season) will help the Suns because of the signing of Wright, who is and plays light.

Back to the analogy. If the Suns were a strong team, the addition of Amar'e at this time would probably be a step back.

But the Suns are a weak team and the addition of Amar'e would add some needed strength.

Let me be the first to say, "Welcome back, Amar'e!" Or maybe Alex Len, who needs strong help in the post, would be the first to say it.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Somehow, Stoudemire is still only 32 years old. He could have another few years in him in a reduced, sporadic role.

I don't see it making sense for the Suns, though. I've watched some Knicks games and Stoudemire's defense sure hasn't gotten any better since when he played for the Suns, let's put it that way. If the team's long-term goal is to instill a culture of accountability and playoff-caliber basketball, Stoudemire is a big step in the wrong direction.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If a team is over .500 and goes 1-1, it lowers their winning percentage.

If a team is under .500 and goes 1-1, it raises their winning percentage.

Although the Suns are over.500 for a flashy first half, they are not a strong team.

The addition of Amar'e at this stage of his career (and at this time of the season) will help the Suns because of the signing of Wright, who is and plays light.

Back to the analogy. If the Suns were a strong team, the addition of Amar'e at this time would probably be a step back.

But the Suns are a weak team and the addition of Amar'e would add some needed strength.

Let me be the first to say, "Welcome back, Amar'e!" Or maybe Alex Len, who needs strong help in the post, would be the first to say it.

I can buy your analogy. This is one of the reasons I want Amare back.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Has he been bought out? If not, how on earth can this fella know the Suns would even be interested? It would be tampering they just saying they are to the media. While Amare' may have interest in coming back and the Suns may very well be interested, I'm not buying this at this point in time.

To the point though, I've never been a huge fan and I'm pretty certain he would spend most his time injured and therefore do nothing to improve the team. But, what they heck, I'm game. I may be excited if it was Nash coming back as well for one last playoff push with Amare', but without Nash I just don't give a damn whether he's here or not.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I would like to see it happen. I still think he can help provide the team with interior, efficient scoring in a limited role. Nostalgic? Yes indeed, but I also feel that at this point he's not much if a gamble. However, if he wants to play for a contender, PHX is not the place for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
There's also and article about this on espn insider, but I do not have access to the whole article.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to see it happen. I still think he can help provide the team with interior, efficient scoring in a limited role. Nostalgic? Yes indeed, but I also feel that at this point he's not much if a gamble. However, if he wants to play for a contender, PHX is not the place for him.

Amare would at least provide some leadership, more than the Suns have now. Maybe if the Suns cleaned house and brought him on board, it would help.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think anyone questions that Amare is well past his prime, but the question is not "is Amare still as good as he was in 2010?" its "Is Amare a better backup big option than what we currently have available"?, and the answer that question is quite a resounding 'yes'.

I've railed against bringing him back for 5 years, but that was when people were talking about trading for his joke of a contract, in this situation we'd be signing him for peanuts.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
In this case we would just have to clear a roster spot.

My perference would be Zoran but I guess trading Green for scraps and a pick and cutting the scraps makes most sense.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Somehow, Stoudemire is still only 32 years old. He could have another few years in him in a reduced, sporadic role.

I don't see it making sense for the Suns, though. I've watched some Knicks games and Stoudemire's defense sure hasn't gotten any better since when he played for the Suns, let's put it that way. If the team's long-term goal is to instill a culture of accountability and playoff-caliber basketball, Stoudemire is a big step in the wrong direction.

As a depth guy though? He's been surprisingly healthy this year and has been playing well. I don't expect him to come in and be a defensive stopper. But I like him off the bench better than I do Plumlee. If someone is going to get killed defensively they may as well be able to match it on the other end, which Plumlee cannot do.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think amare would do well with Plumlee and wright. They're are both athletic. They should be there around the rim for rebounds and putbacks. This could repurposed Dragic and actually give us some sort of half court game instead of ISO ball.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think amare would do well with Plumlee and wright. They're are both athletic. They should be there around the rim for rebounds and putbacks. This could repurposed Dragic and actually give us some sort of half court game instead of ISO ball.

I know it's popular to rip the ISO game right now but I don't think that's our problem. It's the fact that we aren't very good at it and we have two too many ISO players coming in off the bench.

Steve

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson