Superbad

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if he's a sick bastard with a healthy sense of humor . . . BY ALL MEANS!!!

He does a mean Cartwright impression and has several seasons of South Park on DVD, so I'm not really sure where the line's drawn.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
overall i thought the movie was pretty funny - think i had higher expectations than what it delivered though - some quality laughs in there though - loved the interaction between McLovin and the police

also Michael Cera was great once again as the socially akward nice guy - i though a lot of seths humor fell flat

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm concerned that I'm not going to like this movie. I think it's being built up too much. Plus, there are only so many dick jokes I can listen to in a two hour sitting.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm concerned that I'm not going to like this movie. I think it's being built up too much. Plus, there are only so many dick jokes I can listen to in a two hour sitting.

Actually it is how many vagina jokes can you sit through in a 2 hour period. My guess is you will be like me and say "it was okay"

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle

if you go into it with the same expectations i did, you'll enjoy it (duh). dan over-prepared me for the language/dirty jokes, so they weren't as noticeable when i watched it. the humor doesn't come from the dirtiness of the movie, but in spite of it. it won't be the funniest movie you've ever seen, but you'll like it. :thumbup:

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
I enjoyed it. It was pretty funny.

Seth reminds me of a friend I had in high school so I cracked up the whole time.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
everyone go see The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters.

i know it has it's own thread, but if you love comedy, go see this documentary. and don't read anything (other than the thread on this board) about it.

this has been a public service announcement. we now return you to your regular thread.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was expecting this movie to be as funny as the 40-year-old Virgin or Old School.

It wasn't.

It was okay I had high expectations.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was expecting this movie to be as funny as the 40-year-old Virgin or Old School.

It wasn't.

It was okay I had high expectations.

This movie was so much funnier than 40-year old, and as funny if not better than Old School.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This movie was so much funnier than 40-year old, and as funny if not better than Old School.

Wow, talk about a not-on-your-life-are-you-stoned-it-must-be-awful-skunkweed-stuff take ;) I'm sorry, but this movie relied too much on shock value and *** jokes. It was funny, don't get me wrong. It was even laugh out loud funny a couple of times. Then the complete douche fat kid gets the girl with no effort and idiotic failure. ??? It wasn't even set up in a silly predictable way like Luke Wilson getting the girl in Old School. And 40 Year Old Virgin was laugh out loud hysterical, AND had a decent plot.

I wouldn't nitpick Superbad, because it was hilarious and well worth the price of admission, but you just had to go and compare it to two far superior comedies.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, talk about a not-on-your-life-are-you-stoned-it-must-be-awful-skunkweed-stuff take ;) I'm sorry, but this movie relied too much on shock value and *** jokes. It was funny, don't get me wrong. It was even laugh out loud funny a couple of times. Then the complete douche fat kid gets the girl with no effort and idiotic failure. ??? It wasn't even set up in a silly predictable way like Luke Wilson getting the girl in Old School. And 40 Year Old Virgin was laugh out loud hysterical, AND had a decent plot.

I wouldn't nitpick Superbad, because it was hilarious and well worth the price of admission, but you just had to go and compare it to two far superior comedies.

yeah, i gotta agree with Stout. That's one thing that bothered me about Superbad (Seth getting the girl) and it's the thing that asbolutely ruined Old School for me (the entire 3rd act was just like the writer's wrote themselves in a corner and said how they hell are we gonna get ourselves out of it? Oh, I know... MAGIC! Crap IMO).

Superbad was hilarious and I enjoyed the hell out of it, but Virgin was a vastly superior movie IMO.

All that being said, THE KING OF KONG is the best movie I've seen in five years, if not more.

Seriously folks, check your local listings, find the one theater it's playing in, get a group of friends together and go see The King Of Kong.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In a very honest-not-stoned kind of way, there is no way in heck that 40 was more laugh out loud than Superbad.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
I enjoyed the movie. Thought it was very funny.

For those that have watched the extras, do you know if that interview with the British guy and Jonah Hill is real? I know Apatow likes to put in scripted stuff as extras but that left me wondering.

That first voicemail Jonah left Michael Cera after getting the part was hilarious.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson