Who Starts Week 1 at Wide Receiver?

Who are the Starting WRs Week 1?

• Troy Franklin (First-round pick)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roman Wilson, MI (Second-day pick)

• Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS (Second-day pick)

• Jaylan McMillan, WAS (Second-day pick)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
WWWWHHHHHAAAATTT?????

The guy has been a top performer for years. I'm guessing you would pass on Justin Jefferson too because he'd need to be signed to an extension.
Based on what I saw last year with my own eyes he looked washed up, I guess we'll see how he performs this year in Houston.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Some of the Wilson / McBride talk reminds of of the early 00s Cardinals. So desperate for players to root for, guys were inflated based upon small sample sizes, and meaningless production. I am excited for both of these players, and was excited about Wilson post-draft last year. That said, they need to prove in meaningful roles, on a talented roster, and when they are game-planned for in meaningful games.
Eh my eyes tell me that McBride is for real. And Wilson did prove he's an NFL receiver at minimum.

I think any NFL passing attack needs three medium to high level producers to be effective. I think that McBride is one and that Wilson can be a medium level producer.

I think there is a universe where MHJ, Wilson, and McBride can be the basis of a good NFL passing attack, but I think that's kind of a risky proposition to assume it's good enough.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yes. No thanks on a guy who has gotten 1000+ yards receiving and 6+ for each of the past SIX NFL seasons, including one where he lead the league in receptions and yards.

We have Greg Dortch.
I think for the Cardinals timeline, trading a 2nd rounder for a guy who is entering his age 31 season is the heighth of stupidity.

Keim would do it, so would you.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think for the Cardinals timeline, trading a 2nd rounder for a guy who is entering his age 31 season is the heighth of stupidity.

Keim would do it, so would you.

There are people here back handedly moaning about not trading for Diggs that would have absolutely complained their ass off had we traded a 2nd round pick for a soon to be 31 year old WR.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Also baffled by anyone who thinks we should be trading for Diggs. Honestly, I don't think the Texans should have done it either, it doesn't make much sense for them.

Diggs looked baked last year and is only more likely to have a quick decline at his age. But I currently have more faith in Stroud than I do Kyler, plus there's more weapons there, so Diggs might look solid for one or two more seasons.

At 31 years of age though, the end for him is nigh. Wasting one of our seconds on him wouldn't make much sense.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also baffled by anyone who thinks we should be trading for Diggs. Honestly, I don't think the Texans should have done it either, it doesn't make much sense for them.

Diggs looked baked last year and is only more likely to have a quick decline at his age. But I currently have more faith in Stroud than I do Kyler, plus there's more weapons there, so Diggs might look solid for one or two more seasons.

At 31 years of age though, the end for him is nigh. Wasting one of our seconds on him wouldn't make much sense.
Texans are trying to win in the next two years. It makes sense for them, if Diggs plays well.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Smarter play for the Cards here is to send a condition 7th round pick for John Metchie who was a 2nd round pick out of Bama and doesn't turn 24 until July.

Hasn't done much yet because of the cancer thing but for a low conditional it's all upside potential.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are people here back handedly moaning about not trading for Diggs that would have absolutely complained their ass off had we traded a 2nd round pick for a soon to be 31 year old WR.
Except that the Texans are much further along than we are. They went to the AFC Championship game.

The two situations are nothing alike.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
No, you're missing the point. No one has said we should have traded for Diggs. Several have poked holes in the sus idea a veteran WR would somehow mean Michael Wilson can't get better.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, you're missing the point. No one has said we should have traded for Diggs. Several have poked holes in the sus idea a veteran WR would somehow mean Michael Wilson can't get better.

No, nobody has said it outright. You've just hinting at it enough without committing.

And yes, obviously putting a vet in front of Wilson limits his 1st team reps with Kyler and gives him less game snaps. Which in turn restricts his progress.

It's a dumb idea. Wilson has more than shown he has the ability to be a WR2, and any backup to him will be back up quality like Moore or Pascal.

I don't remember anyone in 2019 saying we should bring in a guy to compete with Christian Kirk, and he had similar stats to Wilson. In fact, here's you in 2019 calling Kirk a solid #2 after a season where he had 590 yards (missed 3 games injured) and at this point had 610 yards (finished with 709, missed 3 games injured)

Kirk--solid #2 with good QB play and good talent/coaching around him.

So why is Wilson not WR2 material when he finished with a practically identical rookie season to Kirk? Is the bar for "solid WR2" a mediocre 2nd season?

He finished the year with 95 yards against the Seahawks with Brown out where he was de facto WR1. He went up against their best CBs and still gave us WR1 numbers. What more does he need to do?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wait I found another one at the 5 minute mark:

You must be registered for see images attach

For a kid trying to become a NFL Scout he needs to be more accurate with his videos.

I don't get your point. The video is not about the kid making it, it's about what Wilson shows in the several clips in it. Whether 2 of them are Moore makes no difference to the ones that are Wilson.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
No, nobody has said it outright. You've just hinting at it enough without committing.

And yes, obviously putting a vet in front of Wilson limits his 1st team reps with Kyler and gives him less game snaps. Which in turn restricts his progress.

It's a dumb idea. Wilson has more than shown he has the ability to be a WR2, and any backup to him will be back up quality like Moore or Pascal.

I don't remember anyone in 2019 saying we should bring in a guy to compete with Christian Kirk, and he had similar stats to Wilson. In fact, here's you in 2019 calling Kirk a solid #2 after a season where he had 590 yards (missed 3 games injured) and at this point had 610 yards (finished with 709, missed 3 games injured)

So why is Wilson not WR2 material when he finished with a practically identical rookie season to Kirk? Is the bar for "solid WR2" a mediocre 2nd season?

He finished the year with 95 yards against the Seahawks with Brown out where he was de facto WR1. He went up against their best CBs and still gave us WR1 numbers. What more does he need to do?
Who did we have in front of Kirk at the time? A HoFer. Also, I wasn't worried about Kirk being made out of glass. Wilson might be past his injury problems, and might develop into a nice #2. I like the kid and think he can get there. With a completely depleted WR room and with some doubts, do I want to bet on that for this upcoming season? When our #1 is going to be a rookie? No, I would not. I would like a vet #2 thank you.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't get your point. The video is not about the kid making it, it's about what Wilson shows in the several clips in it. Whether 2 of them are Moore makes no difference to the ones that are Wilson.
Well it's kind of jarring when you are watching a video that's supposed to be about Michael Wilson and a quarter of the plays that he dissects are actually Rondale Moore.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen