For draft talk reference

Which player would you prefer with the #4 pick in the draft?

• Total voters

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... if you told me for #4 and our first third round pick we could lock in MJH, I would take it in a heartbeat.

Would you give up our 2nd rd pick tho, #35, to lock in MJH.. that's the question Solar... :)
I just posted this in another thread:

According to the Draftek trade value chart, the difference in value between #4 and #3 is 400 points, so exactly equivalent to the Cards' two lower 3rd-round picks. Yep, it's a lot to give up, but if the Cards really want MHJ they might either need to call the Patriots' bluff and trade up to #3, or miss out.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
MHJ.

But if not I'm fairly open to a lot scenarios because the team needs talent. If MHJ is gone I'm either going Alt or trading down.

My shocker prediction is that if MHJ is there, the Cardinals take a OT and piss this entire board off.

Cardiac77

Reaction score
I’m a trenches guy and I love Alt. Build the offensive and defensive lines for long term sustained succes. I just think Alt is a stud. If we’re gonna ride n die with Murray we need a running game and we have to protect Murray. i prefer to sign or trade for established wr/rbs. It ain’t flashy but the blue print is there

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I’m a trenches guy and I love Alt. Build the offensive and defensive lines for long term sustained succes. I just think Alt is a stud. If we’re gonna ride n die with Murray we need a running game and we have to protect Murray. i prefer to sign or trade for established wr/rbs. It ain’t flashy but the blue print is there
The depth of the WR class means you could take Alt at 4 and then take a receiver with the Texans pick or with the first second round pick and still find a good player.

If McBride continues to grow and blossom into an All Pro type TE, it won't matter not investing high picks into WR.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
My shocker prediction is that if MHJ is there, the Cardinals take a OT and piss this entire board off.
we would get a lot of Levi Brown/ AP retrospectives

as a hypothetical-- and assuming you know at the time how the careers would play out: you have a choice between Joe Thomas and AJ Green. Whats your choice?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Who? Board experts have laid out a case there won't be good vet WRs available. We need two of 'em, and not depth guys. We need a #1 and a #2. MHJ should be the pick.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I’m with you on the trench’s would love another good OT. That said MHJ if available you take him and find a way to get an OT. MHJ is exactly what this O needs

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I chose MHJ but...

Part of me feels like drafting MHJ would be like buying a Ferrari for the school run. It might be fun for the short ride, but you're not making the best use of its abilities.

We run the ball a lot, and when we do pass tight ends feature heavily. We also have an inconsistent QB who's passing beyond 15 yards has been poor for 2 years.

MHJ will be the best player there if still available but this team and scheme may be better served by a top OT. In the same way that a Ferrari is the better vehicle, but if you want to get 5 kids to school the minivan is the smart choice.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I chose MHJ but...

Part of me feels like drafting MHJ would be like buying a Ferrari for the school run. It might be fun for the short ride, but you're not making the best use of its abilities.

We run the ball a lot, and when we do pass tight ends feature heavily. We also have an inconsistent QB who's passing beyond 15 yards has been poor for 2 years.

MHJ will be the best player there if still available but this team and scheme may be better served by a top OT. In the same way that a Ferrari is the better vehicle, but if you want to get 5 kids to school the minivan is the smart choice.
Think of it this way: Good teams will shut our run down because they'll be able to handle our passing game with only one true threat in McBride. We will have to beat a lot of good teams if we want to compete. You add MHJ, and teams can't just sell out on the run because now we have a home run threat.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Think of it this way: Good teams will shut our run down because they'll be able to handle our passing game with only one true threat in McBride. We will have to beat a lot of good teams if we want to compete. You add MHJ, and teams can't just sell out on the run because now we have a home run threat.

We all know we have to add a true #1 WR.

Also conisder - we won't have a running game and Kyler won't have time to pass it long to MHJ if we don't have a solid oline.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watching the Browns offense is also a good reason to draft MHJ since Petzing comes from that Stefanski tree. Cooper is a WR2 & they can’t beat serious teams just by running the ball & throwing to Njoku all game. Need a dominant X.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
In fairness to the Brown's offense and Stefanski, the Browns were down to their 4th and 5th offensive tackles, their second running back, and their second QB. If they had all or some of these starters, I would assume that Stefanski's passing and running game would look a lot better.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In fairness to the Brown's offense and Stefanski, the Browns were down to their 4th and 5th offensive tackles, their second running back, and their second QB. If they had all or some of these starters, I would assume that Stefanski's passing and running game would look a lot better.
How much better though? It wasn’t like they were the GSOT when all those guys were healthy in the early part of the season.

We need an X. Running is great & having a great TE is even greater, but we can’t be SB contenders by play like it’s 1975 still.

MHJ will open up this offense in more ways than one. Both the passing AND running game.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I chose MHJ but...

It's also assuming that MHJ is going to be infinitely better than other good WRs which might not be the case. The difference in NFL WR1 and NFL WR10 isn't as great as some are making it out.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
It's also assuming that MHJ is going to be infinitely better than other good WRs which might not be the case. The difference in NFL WR1 and NFL WR10 isn't as great as some are making it out.

That is fair.

We all get drunk on the "generational" potential.

He sure looks like the real deal.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That is fair.

We all get drunk on the "generational" potential.

He sure looks like the real deal.
My hope is that the Cardinals somehow adequately find an RT and move Paris to LT and then the choice is easy. Right now it's not as easy as people are making it.

Alt has All Pro potential. Really good tackles impact all phases of offensive play and have the lowest bust potential of any position in top ten of the draft.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
we would get a lot of Levi Brown/ AP retrospectives

as a hypothetical-- and assuming you know at the time how the careers would play out: you have a choice between Joe Thomas and AJ Green. Whats your choice?
I don’t think Joe Thomas, as great as he was, ever played in a playoff game.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Another interesting thought...

How many playoff teams have a #1 WR like MHJ?
How many have won the Super Bowl?

My point is a strong #1 CB or a scheme can take out a guy like MHJ quite easily.

It's very hard to take away a dominant OT - in fact, they can take out your dominant pass rusher.

I am not anti-MHJ at all BTW.

I am down to MHJ or Alt right now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison