Our Offensive Line is very very bad

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. If we had a serviceable QB, this was a win. Even with someone like Colt.
This is why I was perplexed that we did not go out in the offseason and get a serviceable guy to hold down the fort for if/when Kyler was healthy this year. Now doing so pretty much cemented the tank notion.

$$$$$

Bidwill didn't want to eat more money at the QB position. Wanted Colt to be the guy since he was getting paid so much.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Cowboys D rush looked good.
2 weeks to get ready for that!
If there’s no O line improvement, whoever is QB will get crushed.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Washington's front 4 with Chase Young healthy is better than Philly. Not by much though.
You say this like a healthy Chase Young has been productive though.

I don’t think Washington is even a top 3 DL group we’ll see this season.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You say this like a healthy Chase Young has been productive though.

I don’t think Washington is even a top 3 DL group we’ll see this season.
I say it as he is a good piece, on a deep squad.

I'll disagree with you, and that's okay with me.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dallas and Philly both better in that division (IMO).
Philly is close. Dallas looks better because of who they played. I still wouldn't put Dallas ahead of SF, Wash, or Philly at the moment.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
The Wildling was also not as ASFN advertised - he was only FroHolding half the time - pretty sure because he didn't know who to block the other half of the time. This dude is not a starting Center. We don't really have a back up Center

Froholdt playing Center reminds me of Micheal Strahan's smile

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll just point out that Bryce Young was about as bad as Dobbs.

There aren't even 32 good NFL QBs. Heck, the Commanders trotted out Sam Howell. SAM HOWELL!
Heck, some guy who just cashed in on a little over $50 million a year played pretty bad too.
You must be registered for see images attach

If there is no improvement next week, I'll be on the bandwagon of running Dobbs out of town. But he gets another shot to see what he can do against a weaker defense.

@BirdGangThing
How many inches is 2.6 yards?

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/JohnnyVenerable
@JohnnyVenerable

Arizona Cardinals PFF grades (OL):
Will Hernandez 75.9
Paris Johnson Jr. 52.2
D.J. Humphries 47.8
Hjalte Froholdt 46.9
Elijah Wilkinson 30.7
Gotta be better upfront to give Josh Dobbs a chance against New York
If Josh Dobbs is so familiar with this offense and such a rocket scientist then why doesn't he see where the pressure is coming from

But anyways - the only score up there that surprised me was Hernandez (who I actually like)

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@JohnnyVenerable

Will Hernandez 75.9
Paris Johnson Jr. 52.2
D.J. Humphries 47.8
Hjalte Froholdt 46.9
Elijah Wilkinson 30.7
That's bad. Paris will get better, that will be Hernandez all season and hopefully DJ just had some rust. Not sure about the other two though.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
@JohnnyVenerable

Will Hernandez 75.9
Paris Johnson Jr. 52.2
D.J. Humphries 47.8
Hjalte Froholdt 46.9
Elijah Wilkinson 30.7
I'm not an OLine expert, by any means...but the few plays I did get to see yesterday, it looked like Wilkinson was easily the weakest link and these numbers show that. My question would is: Does Wilkinson playing so poorly also have an negative effect on DJ and Hjalte? Would better play at LG help the LT and C? I honestly don't know, because I didn't get to see the blocking schemes.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Heck, some guy who just cashed in on a little over $50 million a year played pretty bad too.

If there is no improvement next week, I'll be on the bandwagon of running Dobbs out of town. But he gets another shot to see what he can do against a weaker defense.

@BirdGangThing
How many inches is 2.6 yards?
This whataboutism is really remarkable. Do you hold Josh Dobbs to the same standard as Joe Burrow?

Joe Burrow didn't participate in training camp almost at all. Do you think he's going to have a 20.4 QBR for the entirety of the 2023 season?

I think it's entirely possible that we see a QBR from Dobbs in the 30s or low 40s for the season.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This whataboutism is really remarkable. Do you hold Josh Dobbs to the same standard as Joe Burrow?

Joe Burrow didn't participate in training camp almost at all. Do you think he's going to have a 20.4 QBR for the entirety of the 2023 season?

I think it's entirely possible that we see a QBR from Dobbs in the 30s or low 40s for the season.
All I'm saying is 1 game doesn't make a season. There is obviously no comparison between them, but Burrows sucked worse yesterday. If Dobbs is the same players next Sunday, then it's Tune Time!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
All I'm saying is 1 game doesn't make a season. There is obviously no comparison between them, but Burrows sucked worse yesterday. If Dobbs is the same players next Sunday, then it's Tune Time!
I hear you, but I highly highly doubt they'd throw Tune to the wolves when Dallas comes to town. Better off bringing Driskel in to take that beating.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. If we had a serviceable QB, this was a win. Even with someone like Colt.
This is why I was perplexed that we did not go out in the offseason and get a serviceable guy to hold down the fort for if/when Kyler was healthy this year. Now doing so pretty much cemented the tank notion.
Colt is not serviceable.

He humiliated himself in the joint practice with the Vikings, and played badly all through camp.

Why are so many people insistent he does not suck? Do you really think it is about tanking - and if that were true why trade a 5th rounder for a QB when there were plenty of street free agents available.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen