Who Will Be Arizona's Starting QB Opening Day

Starting QB Game 1 2023-24 Season

• Total voters

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tune can start cause we dont have nothing to lose
Tune playing can give us a better idea if he can be an adequate qb in this league , there Is not better option then playing
If he has the right mindset and he Is skilled enough he can find a way to show he belongs to this league even in a difficult enviroments
Well, we’ll wait and see. From the Pelzing interviews that I’ve heard, footwork is CRITICAL to his system. And just watching Tune this preseason, his footwork isn’t there yet. And because of that, he‘s late getting his passes off. Have you watched the Washington DL? Even with an improved OL, their D will take advantage of Tune’s late timing. The Cardinals really like Tune, which is why I don’t think they’ll start him in the opener. He may see some playing time in different personnel groups, especially in play action opportunities. But, he’s very vulnerable in obvious passing situations.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
McCoy will be the starter until he gets hurt or struggles to hit his WRs downfield. Tune will begin as the backup and Dobbs will start off as the emergency QB.

When Kyler returns it will be interesting to see what happens at QB. Who is the odd man out? My guess is that you let McCoy go and ride with the two younger guys

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McCoy will be the starter until he gets hurt or struggles to hit his WRs downfield. Tune will begin as the backup and Dobbs will start off as the emergency QB.

When Kyler returns it will be interesting to see what happens at QB. Who is the odd man out? My guess is that you let McCoy go and ride with the two younger guys
So about the third pass of the game that goes for more than 10 yards , we’ll get to see Tune?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would you risk throwing Tune to the wolves in Washington? He played 5 years in a gun formation & is still learning Pelzing’s system & required footwork. The last thing you want to do with Tune is to see him resort to habits that will ****** his growth in Pelzing’s system. If the Cardinals can’t get Hobbs ready to start in 2 weeks, then they’ll go with McCoy. Hell, I wouldn’t be totally surprised if they went with Blough if neither Dobbs or McCoy could go. Now, I wouldn’t be surprised if we use Tune occasionally in certain situations, but it’ll be few and far apart.
Well I have to ask. We started Murray. There is at least a couple of teams starting rookie QB’s. Are they going to be ruined?
This offense is going to be WAY more Qb friendly than what we’ve become accustomed to.
If Tune turns out to be our starting Qb for the next 5 years, I for one will be shocked. It would be great if he turned out that good, but I don’t think many people here believe that.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Well I have to ask. We started Murray. There is at least a couple of teams starting rookie QB’s. Are they going to be ruined?
This offense is going to be WAY more Qb friendly than what we’ve become accustomed to.
If Tune turns out to be our starting Qb for the next 5 years, I for one will be shocked. It would be great if he turned out that good, but I don’t think many people here believe that.
The game doesn't seem to be too much for Tune, sure there's going to be a learning curve but the dude's mentals are pretty solid

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Wow. I guess Colt's elbow was worse than expected. His throws lacked zip and floated over the last week and a half. Became very obvious watching the joint practice shots from the Vikings facility.
Add in that he was getting "rest" days...lol They knew for a long time his elbow was bad, but they still gave him every opportunity to heal and win the job.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, with McCoy gone, it’s either Dobbs, Tune, or Blough in the opener. I’m sure they will try to get Dobbs ready, but wouldn’t be surprised if Blough gets the start & Tune plays in certain packages.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I mean the other rookie quarterbacks are much more prepared for the NFL than Tune. Howell was drafted in a similar spot to Tune and he got a year on the bench.

Also I've always heard that pro-style under center offenses with lots of timing throws were a lot more difficult to learn and master than Kliff's air raid. Supposedly one of the big reasons the air raid is so effective in college is because of how quarterback friendly it is.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well not McCoy, will they shock the world with Tune or go with Dobbs?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nathan Peterman to get Cardinals to La La Land of #1 pick and Wolf will excrecate on live radio, "my football literate fans, can you imagine Caleb Williams on THIS roster, oh my. The thought alone makes me ......"

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is true. If Dobbs isn't ready yet, David Blough could very well be the starter week 1. Haha
I don't think many week 1 starters finished their team's last preseason game.

I wonder what that stat is on that!

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Well, with McCoy gone, it’s either Dobbs, Tune, or Blough in the opener. I’m sure they will try to get Dobbs ready, but wouldn’t be surprised if Blough gets the start & Tune plays in certain packages.
My guess is Tune.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
New question… does the same player who starts the game finish the game?

My money is on “nope”.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison