2023 Phoenix Suns Offseason

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
If I was coaching a professional team with championship aspirations I wouldn't want Ayton on it, and neither would you

Dude quits, not on his coach but on his team. Squad can't even focus because Drama-ndre sucks all the energy up. 7 foot distraction.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I was coaching a professional team with championship aspirations I wouldn't want Ayton on it, and neither would you

Dude quits, not on his coach but on his team. Squad can't even focus because Drama-ndre sucks all the energy up. 7 foot distraction.
I do not agree with you that he is incapable of change.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I do not agree with you that he is incapable of change.
And you don't have to. If Ayton wanted to do some self improvement he should've done it after the first time he quit on his team - after the Finals - or even the following year after the Dallas drubbing

Honestly - and this probably won't go over very well on ASFN - I think Ayton needs to eat a large amount of psychedelic mushrooms or some peyote or something

When I did I broke into two people - a good Shawn and a bad Shawn - and the good Shawn mentally beat the ish out of the bad Shawn for about 6 hours straight

Came out an entirely different man - left a lot of fear and baggage behind

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the radio they mentioned there is an article coming out next week that details the Sun’s strategy of taking advantage of every loophole before the new CBA rules kick in next season. I am anxious to read it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the radio they mentioned there is an article coming out next week that details the Sun’s strategy of taking advantage of every loophole before the new CBA rules kick in next season. I am anxious to read it.

We need to be philosophical about it and find every loophole.

You must be registered for see images attach

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Honestly - and this probably won't go over very well on ASFN - I think Ayton needs to eat a large amount of psychedelic mushrooms or some peyote or something

When I did I broke into two people - a good Shawn and a bad Shawn - and the good Shawn mentally beat the ish out of the bad Shawn for about 6 hours straight

Came out an entirely different man - left a lot of fear and baggage behind

What in the world... I some how want to know more of this experience..

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
What in the world... I some how want to know more of this experience..
I was invited to a ceremony. I knew going in peyote wasn't exactly a recreational hallucinogen like your traditional lsd or fun-gus but I had no idea

Apparently I'm a big puker, threw up constantly first couple hours. I felt so bad too, everytime I yacked this poor lady would enter the hogan with a little sweep and pan you'd use to clean the ashes out of your fire place, and she'd clean up my mess

Didn't really hallucinate with my eyes open, but when I closed them I was definitely in a different world and I was not alone.

Then it started happening. I remembered everything bad I had ever done, every person I had wronged, a lot of it I had completely forgotten. And I just beat myself up over it all. Lots of crying. Couldn't stay still. Thought it would be never end. I was the biggest POS in the world. Brutal.

But finally just before the sun came up I had a break through and realized I had a lot of living left to do, and that I could choose which person I wanted to be. Changed my life big time

I don't think I'll ever do peyote again, kinda got what I needed from it, but now when I eat too many mushrooms I go right back to that mental space and end up evaluating everything I've been up to and all the company I keep. It sucks sometimes, but at the same time I find it very therapeutic and beneficial

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I was invited to a ceremony. I knew going in peyote wasn't exactly a recreational hallucinogen like your traditional lsd or fun-gus but I had no idea

Apparently I'm a big puker, threw up constantly first couple hours. I felt so bad too, everytime I yacked this poor lady would enter the hogan with a little sweep and pan you'd use to clean the ashes out of your fire place, and she'd clean up my mess

Didn't really hallucinate with my eyes open, but when I closed them I was definitely in a different world and I was not alone.

Then it started happening. I remembered everything bad I had ever done, every person I had wronged, a lot of it I had completely forgotten. And I just beat myself up over it all. Lots of crying. Couldn't stay still. Thought it would be never end. I was the biggest POS in the world. Brutal.

But finally just before the sun came up I had a break through and realized I had a lot of living left to do, and that I could choose which person I wanted to be. Changed my life big time

I don't think I'll ever do peyote again, kinda got what I needed from it, but now when I eat too many mushrooms I go right back to that mental space and end up evaluating everything I've been up to and all the company I keep. It sucks sometimes, but at the same time I find it very therapeutic and beneficial
My wife keeps wanting me to do anti anxiety pills of some sort. I am thinking this type of experience would be better. I just need to be rewired. In computer parlance, I need some of my source code modified.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
My wife keeps wanting me to do anti anxiety pills of some sort. I am thinking this type of experience would be better. I just need to be rewired. In computer parlance, I need some of my source code modified.
A lot of folks are going the ayahuasca route - not as intense but you can still work a lot of stuff out and let a lot of stuff go

I also know a bunch of people who stopped taking antidepressants and anti anxiety meds - by micro dosing with psychedelic mushrooms

You don't eat enough to "trip" or hallucinate - you grind them into a powdery dust and only eat like a tenth of a gram every morning. All your senses are strengthened and it really helps with the mental health

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Plan it out, make sure you have someone sober around whos good at talking people down, if its your first time.
And someone who has done it before to hang out with, I recommend any available Swedish Supermodels who are recovering nymphomaniacs.

And Pro tip, don't after an hour think its not working and take more, that's a party foul.
GL

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Plan it out, make sure you have someone sober around whos good at talking people down, if its your first time.
And someone who has done it before to hang out with, I recommend any available Swedish Supermodels who are recovering nymphomaniacs.

And Pro tip, don't after an hour think its not working and take more, that's a party foul.
Good stuff Muggz

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo isn’t wrong. Monty didnt want him. He and Ayton never saw eye to eye on what his role should be on the team. Neither wanted to budge and Monty was a straight up ass to him. Ayton quit on him. It was a toxic relationship. Ayton’s not the first one to experience this.
Please elaborate.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I remember this play. I kept yelling at the TV, "Go get it big man!" I couldn't believe he rebounded that well on one possession. THIS is what we all thought we were getting with the number 1 pick in the draft! :thumbup:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
James Jones on Bol Bol and more trades?

Sounds like James Jones ain't done yet!

As far as Jones being content with the amount of moves and roster reconstruction made?

“I’d say I’m energized but never satisfied,” he said. “It’s never complete. Teams are trying to get better just like we’re trying to get better and teams will get better in season. I do like our starting point and just hope that if we can stay healthy and continue to focus on the things that matter, focus on improving, that we’ll be in a good spot.”

He likes their "starting point"

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
James Jones on Bol Bol and more trades?

Sounds like James Jones ain't done yet!

He likes their "starting point"

Lol I said this in a post after we traded Payne to our plan B which was the Spurs. There is still 1-3 moves they are looking to make according to my insider source. Its not going to be a flashy splashy move but more of a value move for someone who will have a chance at being a role player here.

Germz spread..

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lol I said this in a post after we traded Payne to our plan B which was the Spurs. There is still 1-3 moves they are looking to make according to my insider source. Its not going to be a flashy splashy move but more of a value move for someone who will have a chance at being a role player here.

Germz spread..
It's Michael Jordan isn't it? Were getting Michael Jordan!

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I am too old to be trying this stuff out but you guys trip me out with your stories. Not judging at all. I just enjoy hearing these types of stories because I never been through it. I have never done drugs or anything like that. I been drunk maybe 5 times in my life and I am old.

I don't think my coworker was lying but maybe he just embellished a little with his story. The guys were just talking about the odd things they did while on drugs. He told us one time he was rock climbing and then froze up cause he realize he never been rock climbing with no experience what so ever. I was like bro you’re over 300 lbs.. and you went rock climbing.. like you don't have the build of a rock climber.. he was like I know.. the thing was I wasn’t even really rock climbing.. but when you’re on (I forgot what he did).. you trip out.. I really thought I was rock climbing..

Like just the thought of doing something that can take you to another world where everything feels real just intrigues me.

Maybe I need to try some stuff out and tap into the mind of Mat Ish and become a real insider for you guys.

Last edited:

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I remember this play. I kept yelling at the TV, "Go get it big man!" I couldn't believe he rebounded that well on one possession. THIS is what we all thought we were getting with the number 1 pick in the draft! :thumbup:
The thing is. Even if DA doesn't play like that we now have people behind him that will. I think he will thrive under Vogel but I'm a cockeyed optimist.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am too old to be trying this stuff out but you guys trip me out with your stories. Not judging at all. I just enjoy hearing these types of stories because I never been through it. I have never done drugs or anything like that. I been drunk maybe 5 times in my life and I am old.

I don't think my coworker was lying but maybe he just embellished a little with his story. The guys were just talking about the odd things they did while on drugs. He told us one time he was rock climbing and then froze up cause he realize he never been rock climbing with no experience what so ever. I was like bro you’re over 300 lbs.. and you went rock climbing.. like you don't have the build of a rock climber.. he was like I know.. the thing was I wasn’t even really rock climbing.. but when you’re on (I forgot what he did).. you trip out.. I really thought I was rock climbing..

Like just the thought of doing something that can take you to another world where everything feels real just intrigues me.

Maybe I need to try some stuff out and tap into the mind of Mat Ish and become a real insider for you guys.
It's for sure not for everyone. I avoid the addictive stuff cause "ain't nobody got time fer datt."
I know prob 10 ppl over 50 who microdose daily and while that's def not for me, it works WELL for them.
Mind altering drugs do just that, make sure you're in a good place mentally while telling yourself it's the drugs making you feel this way , and you will be fine.
If on the other hand random things like bugs, loud noises or Trumpanzees scare you, avoiding altogether may be the way to go.

I was usually the guide/babysitter in high school because I was working for a scholarship. But when I got to college all bets were off.
And I went BONKERS.

Don't worry I'm sober today, just a gallon or two of Vodka and an ounce of weed a week now. But that's not to change my chemistry just to keep it moving in the right direction.
I smoke a fat Joint and drink 4 cups of Vodka every day before I go to work.

It helps me deal with all the screaming kids on the school bus.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It's funny how you say you're old because I know how old you are, roughly, and I'd say you're in the younger group of posters here. This board skews older. Quite a few posters remember the Suns becoming a team and the Kareem coin flip. I don't mean they had vision quests to relive those moments either.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was 1 year old living on Luke AFB for the coin flip. FFS I'm sooo old. Where has the time gone.
Gather ye rosebuds bishes this ship fly's by fast.