Least Interesting Team Ever?

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Hey Harry, what player throughout your career have been the most wrong about?
What player did you think was a sure fire guy who failed and which player did you think was a waste but turned out to be great?
I will ask you the same questions.
We kind of forget but PP had some pretty decent success retuning punts which could add to his case for the HOF.
yeah, how long did that last until he went all-in on the no contact mode.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
BTW, the Cardinals proceed the NFL in being the first ever professional football team in America since 1898, that alone for the long haul makes us significant compared to the Texans or the revamped Browns who are really the Ravens

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We kind of forget but PP had some pretty decent success retuning punts which could add to his case for the HOF.

Yes. Although HoF doesn't really give special teams their due.

I'm reiterating at this point that PP doesn't quite have the accolades/stats that other HoF entrants have compared to the peers of his of his era, although it's comparable to Revis, but he has a SB. Is anyone going to honestly say he is better than Revis?

Bailey and Woodson also outshine him. Ty Law is comparable, but 3 superbowl wins always looks good. So either PP is more deserving than them (anyone going to say that with a straight face?), or he's not which puts his status into question, because he would fall just under them.

We can compare different eras, sure. Before that is Deion Sanders and Aeneas Williams.

It's close though...and he was elite, but the homerism is strong. I just think it's not 100% and could miss the cut. He totally can get in, just not sure how much more stats he can add at the back end of his career.

Seems it was taken as a personal slight and that somehow I think he sucks and is the worst cornerback to ever exist, or something.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yes. Although HoF doesn't really give special teams their due.

I'm reiterating at this point that PP doesn't quite have the accolades/stats that other HoF entrants have compared to the peers of his of his era, although it's comparable to Revis, but he has a SB. Is anyone going to honestly say he is better than Revis?

Bailey and Woodson also outshine him. Ty Law is comparable, but 3 superbowl wins always looks good. So either PP is more deserving than them (anyone going to say that with a straight face?), or he's not which puts his status into question, because he would fall just under them.

We can compare different eras, sure. Before that is Deion Sanders and Aeneas Williams.

It's close though...and he was elite, but the homerism is strong. I just think it's not 100% and could miss the cut. He totally can get in, just not sure how much more stats he can add at the back end of his career.

Seems it was taken as a personal slight and that somehow I think he sucks and is the worst cornerback to ever exist, or something.
You make an All-Decade team you’re going to the hall of fame

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You make an All-Decade team you’re going to the hall of fame

I see, it is certainly his most prestigious award. Then I suppose it's a 100% lock for R. Sherman, C. Harris, T. Mathieu, E. Weddle. F. Gore, M. Lynch, and L. McCoy, D. Sproles (and some others) as well then.

Not that I'm disagreeing on them, but I guess I wouldn't put all of them at 100% lock.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I see, it is certainly his most prestigious award. Then I suppose it's a 100% lock for R. Sherman, C. Harris, T. Mathieu, E. Weddle. F. Gore, M. Lynch, and L. McCoy, D. Sproles (and some others) as well then.

Not that I'm disagreeing on them, but I guess I wouldn't put all of them at 100% lock.
8x pro bowler 3x all-pro. He’s making the hall of fame. Three different media teams will advocate for him.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
8x pro bowler 3x all-pro. He’s making the hall of fame. Three different media teams will advocate for him.

Yeah pretty much everyone I listed previously also have those kinds of accolades as well. So I guess all of them are 100% guaranteed no questions asked HoF.

Last edited:

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
It's fascinating to me because nobody is paying attention to them. The Gannon underdog thing is real. He gets ripped but his D got a lot of sacks. Maybe he does much better than expected and gets players to buy in. Yeah I know crazy talk but...

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's fascinating to me because nobody is paying attention to them. The Gannon underdog thing is real. He gets ripped but his D got a lot of sacks. Maybe he does much better than expected and gets players to buy in. Yeah I know crazy talk but...
I have hope for an improved D, but the Eagles had as good Dline and pass rushers as any team in the NFL. Maybe the best.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Hopkins is probably a bigger star than Fitz, because fantasy football is bigger today, for one thing. Fitz had a couple great postseasons, which define his legacy alongside his longevity. DHop is a four-time Pro Bowler and three-time All-Pro. Two more times he's been second-team All-Pro.

Fitz is a one-time All-Pro (two more second-team honors) and a nine-time Pro Bowler(!!). Hop's highs have been higher but Fitz was consistently Very Good.
but from a Cardinals fans standpoint, and that's what I was going by since it's a Cards board, Hopkins isn't close to Fitz or Boldin in popularity.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I have hope for an improved D, but the Eagles had as good Dline and pass rushers as any team in the NFL. Maybe the best.
Every team, player has to start somewhere and that's knowing you're going to win when you take the field. Everybody had to believe, Everybody almost played college, Everybody is fast, etc.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I will ask you the same questions.

yeah, how long did that last until he went all-in on the no contact mode.
I posted but didn’t link. The miss is easy. I’m nearly famous for agreeing QB Rodgers should have dropped. I wasn’t a big fan of the Humphries selection. He’s been steady.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose