The Suns' search for a New Coach Thread

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Damn it.. I wish they would have called to let me know they were not interested any more instead of finding out this way.

I don’t have a preference on who. Just hope whoever comes in can get us there.
My question is, would I have to pay my air fare to Michigan?

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
The five coaching finalists

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Kind of odd that Woj’s report doesn’t include Vogel.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like Tyronn Lue is out of the equation.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hire someone firable, no other qualifications required.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Nurse is a younger Vogel and that’s not a bad thing. I’m still trying to figure why the Raptors were so mediocre after the bubble.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the Suns should hire a GM/head coach and whoever can tell the Suns how to move Ayton and Paul for value wins.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

Not sure who to believe at this point.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Not sure who to believe at this point.
I tend to believe it if it comes from Woj, but who knows. Maybe they decided to add a couple other interviews after the previous report?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reading up on Nick Nurse. Apparently players didn't like how blunt he was to them and to the media about them. From what I've gathered he'd be the absolute worst coach to salvage Ayton because he'd tell him he sucks, which I'm sure he's heard from teammates but Nurse may break him completely.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reading up on Nick Nurse. Apparently players didn't like how blunt he was to them and to the media about them. From what I've gathered he'd be the absolute worst coach to salvage Ayton because he'd tell him he sucks, which I'm sure he's heard from teammates but Nurse may break him completely.

There is no question that Nurse lost the locker room in Toronto, he basically admitted as much when he left.

If we can find enough talent, a hard ass who pushes them might be a good thing, especially if we pick up some younger guys on the cheap in free agency. But if the team ends up filled with vets and older ring chasers, Nurse will probably wear thin on them quick.

A sink or swim coach might be a good thing for Ayton... or he could go full Ben Simmons as a result. Hard to say. I think he has more pride than Ben Simmons though.

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A wide net.

Let's see, Atkinson looks a bit too much like Don Draper and his prior HC doesn't look like it went real well, maybe not his fault though.

Charles Lee has a Mikal Bridges smile but is so far under the radar screen that his Wiki page is only about 5 paragraphs longer than mine.
More info here, seems like a good guy that was an important contributor to the Bucks' success https://www.si.com/nba/bucks/news/a...talks-about-his-role-with-the-milwaukee-bucks.

But after my 30-second analysis, I don't think either one of these guys will be "the guy".

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's see, Atkinson looks a bit too much like Don Draper and his prior HC doesn't look like it went real well, maybe not his fault though.

Charles Lee has a Mikal Bridges smile but is so far under the radar screen that his Wiki page is only about 5 paragraphs longer than mine.
More info here, seems like a good guy that was an important contributor to the Bucks' success https://www.si.com/nba/bucks/news/a...talks-about-his-role-with-the-milwaukee-bucks.

But after my 30-second analysis, I don't think either one of these guys will be "the guy".

Charles Lee sounds intriguing if the Bucks don't hire him as their head coach.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave