Playoffs: Nuggets @ Suns Thursday game thread 5-11-2023 - Game 6

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At least he’s a better human being than Sarver.

Book’s issue is that any minor ailment significantly impacts his performance. Given his propensity to get “banged up” it’s always going to be like this. He played at a ridiculous level these playoffs but he won’t hold up physically throughout a long playoff run.
He could if he didn’t have to be ******* Superman to win a damn game! Need other pieces and a PG that can stay ******* healthy!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What future? You keep saying they sold their future. They have every other pick. What was their future? Our core was and is fools gold.

"Our core was and is fools gold."

You said it, not me.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You don't see me defending James Jones. The point is, the Suns threw a Hail Mary pass and missed when there was absolutely no need for it.

They didn't have the depth to contend for a championship this season after they gutted their roster for a soon-to-be 35 year old superstar who may be past his prime.
Again way to early to be judged as in 8 regular season games. With a team that hasn’t been healthy with a crap all freaking year! Paul once again goes down, Ayton playing like a g leaguer and bench that shows up like a game or two the whole postseason! If Booker isn’t Superman all postseason we don’t get out the first round…

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, Monty doesn't have a clue how to do any of that. Not that they would have likely turned the series or this game around, but not sure how Craig goes to being a DNP practically this whole series, and Okogie is a complete DNP this last game. What this head coach does seems random as can be sometimes... actually, a lot of the time.
Denver has the best or 2nd best offense in the league. It's insane to believe we could simply outgun them with the shaky and simplistic off. game we have. Once the get confident, their offense is like an oiled machine.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again way to early to be judged as in 8 regular season games. With a team that hasn’t been healthy with a crap all freaking year! Paul once again goes down, Ayton playing like a g leaguer and bench that shows up like a game or two the whole postseason! If Booker isn’t Superman all postseason we don’t get out the first round…

You make it sound as if KD was added with 8 games left in the season. An injury riddled star is who the Suns traded for. Expecting him to be available for more than 50% of the games after the trade was made was foolish and ignores his history. He's played in 136 of the last 236 games he's been eligible. He's essentially Anthony Davis when it comes to availability only he's nearing 35 years old, and will be 35 next season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said it WAS and IS. I definitely said it.

So obviously this includes Booker and Durant as well.

Why in the world did the Suns trade for Durant leaving the rest of the team, aside from Booker, looking like a G-League team?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So obviously this includes Booker and Durant as well.

Why in the world did the Suns trade for Durant leaving the rest of the team looking like a G-League team?
Because you keep ignoring the WAS part which means our old core was fools gold too. What would have staying put accomplished? At least with the Durant trade they swung for the fences. Not sure why that is so difficult to understand.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
That's what it means to be one of the protected players in this league. Wish we had one.
Supposedly, we do... and Booker should seemingly also be in that category. But it seems like if your team has a reputation as being "soft" you always get the short end of the stick with NBA officials. The Suns need to do something to turn that around with a coach and personnel with some kind of tougher attitude, I guess.

Hell, I don't know why the NBA hates this franchise so much.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
"Our core was and is fools gold."

You said it, not me.
The Celtics won game 2 and game 6 of their series with Philly with Tatum shooting a combined 6/28….but Boston has a much deeper team compared to us.

Book has to be better. He’s still young at 26 but the time is now #1. Can we get Haliburton…jk jk lol

wagonmound464

Rookie
Reaction score
Time to clean out their lockers..... Suns going fishing.

Monty will have all summer to figure out next year's rotation selections.....if anyone is left on the bench to consider.

I like Durant, but sure miss Bridges and Cam Johnson. Young guys with mega potential to build on.

Denver,, Best team won!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because you keep ignoring the WAS part which means our old core was fools gold too. What would have staying put accomplished? At least with the Durant trade they swung for the fences. Not sure why that is so difficult to understand.

So you have a crystal ball that says that there was no chance the Suns would improve with Mikal and Cam J? Come on. That's ridiculous. They're in their mid 20's. As we've already seen, their games hadn't peaked yet. Continue to claim they did though.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I played division III regular season football games with three cracked ribs and a dislocated shoulder. Had to wear a flak jacket and had my shoulder pads tied down so I could extend my arm fully up. And Ayton sits out an elimination game with bruises. F that guy. Just F that guy.
Ouchie!!!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Celtics won game 2 and game 6 of their series with Philly with Tatum shooting a combined 6/28….but Boston has a much deeper team compared to us.

Book has to be better. He’s still young at 26 but the time is now #1. Can we get Haliburton…jk jk lol

Yeah, that's exactly who I wanted.

A team has to have quality depth.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you have a crystal ball that says that there was no chance the Suns would improve with Mikal and Cam J? Come on. That's ridiculous. They're in their mid 20's. As we've already seen, their games hadn't peaked yet. Continue to claim they did though.
Did you have a crystal ball this year or for next? At least with the trade there was a chance. We did however have history 2 years running with the old core. How did that turn out? The team was struggling on the boards this season with Cam J in the lineup and resigning him would have had us commit to him as our PF. So, please without any proof continue to claim we were on our way with our old core.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave