2023 NBA Playoffs - Other Teams

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Think it’s more on Smart for walking it up the court like he thought it was tied.
They definitely got into the action late. Mazzulla was giving them instructions but Tatum held it too long. He also didn’t get called for a clear, blatant push off on the 3 point attempt.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is a thread for other teams in the playoffs. When there's 1 game on, it will be discussed. Russ is also the furthest thing from a homer also. I've never seen a fan call out their own team's shortcomings as objectively as he does. If you don't like hearing about other teams, don't click the thread. I'm fairly sure I'm not the only one who appreciates his posts here.
I get it.
This is a thread for other teams in the playoffs. When there's 1 game on, it will be discussed. Russ is also the furthest thing from a homer also. I've never seen a fan call out their own team's shortcomings as objectively as he does. If you don't like hearing about other teams, don't click the thread. I'm fairly sure I'm not the only one who appreciates his posts here.
Lol it's all good...never said don't discuss or anything else. Buuuuut yeah it's kinda homerish. But the fact remains...I'm jealous of everything GS has accomplished and they suck
Go Suns!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Poole is getting destroyed in teh bay area right now. Kind of unfair last night wasn't really his fault but I'm on board with it too. I was fine with the shot he took in game 1, it just missed. But his defensive effort in 1 and 3 was pathetic. The speech Steph gave before game 7 in Sac we're being told was directly intended for Poole and Kuminga telling them please don't complain about PT, just lock in, be ready when called on, play hard and play smart. Kuminga seems to have gotten it, not sure Poole did.

I expected to lose the Sac series so I'm on house money now anyways but it's a very tough situation. The window on the stars is closing fast so it's tough to just say bench him for GP2(who's not 100% ) or Donte(also struggling) because they play harder. but that's where I am.

The key to game 2 was really the defense for the Warriors, play guys who play hard.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How not to get to the free throw line - jack up a ton of threes every game. Golden State had the fewest free-throw attempts in the NBA this past season.

Instead push the ball inside, mix it up in the paint. The Lakers had the most free-throw attempts in the NBA this past season.

So, so far, the playoffs are a reflection of the regular season.

it's not even that IMO it's Anthony Davis. He's just wiping out the lane so the usual way to draw fouls isn't there. Guys are backing off when they see him and it's causing turnovers too.

He's been remarkable in 2 of the 3 games

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sixers looking good today. So far. Would like to see this series go 7. I don't care who wins it.

That's my take on every series except the Warriors, I don't really care who wins I just want 7 game series. So I'm pulling for the Suns tonight and then have no favorite either way the rest of the series.

The Suns series is great because you have 3 of the best offensive players in the NBA in the same series, almost 4 I am not quite ready to put Murray there but he's getting close.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While you’re not wrong about the warriors, it’s hilarious to read a fan of the lakers lecture any other fans about how to get free throws. What you should’ve typed was “just have Lebron and Davis on your team. If you breathe on them you get free throws.”
It's also hilarious to read a Suns fan saying anything about the refs because we all know about the decades-long league-wide conspiracy against your team. ;)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah…good luck with that, Dubs:

From what Shams is reporting, GP2 is starting tonight. They pulled JaMychal to go small but are going with Payton not Poole.

Consistent with what's been said locally, Kerr is PISSED at Poole's lack of effort in game 3, it's also reportedly why he put him back in the game late even in a blowout. Gilbert Arenas was talking about that on his show, he said first off Poole should have dominated those minutes and didn't, that should concern him, but the bigger concern he should have is why the hell am I in during garbage time of a 30 point loss? The answer is because Kerr is sick of you dogging it on defense.

I assume GP2 will guard D Lo and try and keep him from having another monster 1st quarter but I guess we'll see. The matchups really don't seem to matter the Lakers just use the screen to get the switch they want.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
It feels like Kerr is throwing stuff at the wall at this point. Jordan Poole's regression coupled with inconsistent bench has really hurt the team this year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting to see if they go to Kuminga or JaMychal before Poole with Wiggins getting 2 quick fouls, and 2 terrible turnovers.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It feels like Kerr is throwing stuff at the wall at this point. Jordan Poole's regression coupled with inconsistent bench has really hurt the team this year.

He really has to right now.

Not a good start 2 turnovers and a complete phantom foul on Payton on the lob to LeBron when they finally got a stop.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The league has definitely decided to call fouls on the Dubs. This is getting ridiculous. Seriously.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poole is unreal first 3 times he's guarding someone they pumpfake he jumps and they go by. BUcket for Reaves, foul on Rui.

No idea what happened to Payton I know he's been sick too but no idea if that's why he ran off the court that was bizarre

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison