Playoffs: Nuggets @ Suns Sunday game thread 5-7-2023 - Game 4

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Jokic did that to a female fan would it be illegal?

Well then what he did to Ishbia was illegal

Man or woman doesn't matter
Yeah! I mean what if it was a one legged woman?

But seriously I've had that NBA TV post game Rolling here while I work. I would rather they didn't suspend him, but I could totally understand if they did. On the replay it looks like Matt I is just holding onto the ball while he tries to pick up Josh O out of the crowd. Maybe Nikola thought he was the one reaching out instead of the guy that he tossed?

Here's my take away from that though… our owner needs to teach our team how to flop against jokic.

Joe

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

KD still hoopin, but Book decided to literally enter “Sicko Mode” this postseason.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Let's see Durant or Booker push the Denver owner next game and see what happens.

I say we're owed one.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike Malone's response has me rooting for a suspension even more and then Jokic tries to claim the "fan" put hands on him and the league failed to protect him? I get why he's called "The Joker".

Initially, I couldn't believe that Mat Ishbia was the fan. He sure doesn't waste time.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So the Denver coach doesn't care. They should be taught to care.

Bet he regretted say that the instant it came out of his mouth. Meaning he regrets it cause he could get fined for it.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So it looks like Ishbia did put a hand on his hip at the same time that Jokic shoved him.

Raindog

Reaction score
Yeah, that was a punk move by Jokic. Ishbia was holding the ball to see if his guy was alright. Nothing more or less sinister than that. Jokic was being chippy and lost sight of himself. Far worse than anything that got Amare suspended.

Raindog

Reaction score
So it looks like Ishbia did put a hand on his hip at the same time that Jokic shoved him.
Prediction: Nothing happens to Jokic, but NBA suspends Ishbia for the rest of the series. :D

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If it were Christian Braun or Bruce Brown who went into the stands and did exactly what Jokic did, they'd be suspended and there would be no debate. If Jokic isn't suspended then Silver is a spineless coward. He's suspended Draymond for an NBA Finals game so I have some hope he will do the right thing. We're not talking about a game 7 or an elimination game, Jokic needs a suspension. If this happened during the season then it wouldn't surprise me to see a 3-5 game suspension for it but I get that it's the playoffs and penalties won't be the same.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it were Christian Braun or Bruce Brown who went into the stands and did exactly what Jokic did, they'd be suspended and there would be no debate. If Jokic isn't suspended then Silver is a spineless coward. He's suspended Draymond for an NBA Finals game so I have some hope he will do the right thing. We're not talking about a game 7 or an elimination game, Jokic needs a suspension. If this happened during the season then it wouldn't surprise me to see a 3-5 game suspension for it but I get that it's the playoffs and penalties won't be the same.

I want to say more about a certain double standard here but I will wait to see what happens.

It will be interesting if Jokic gets to go in the stands and push a NBA owner. Not sure many in the league could do that.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder how we'd all react if it were Sarver instead of Ishbia. Wish Jokic threw a punch? Shoved harder? I think we all know Sarver would be playing it up for effect to the max.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I want to say more about a certain double standard here but I will wait to see what happens.

It will be interesting if Jokic gets to go in the stands and push a NBA owner. Not sure many in the league could do that.
Do you think the league would suspend LeBron, Steph, Giannis and maybe even Embiid in the playoffs for this exact thing? I highly doubt it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you think the league would suspend LeBron, Steph, Giannis and maybe even Embiid in the playoffs for this exact thing? I highly doubt it.

The league has suspended other superstars for far less.

Jokic and his brothers aren't that far off from the crap that the Grizzlies do. They just get away with it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is literally his brother during the last Suns / Nuggets series

If any fan acted like this they would be banned from the arena.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He basically looked right at him and then elbow shoved him. Number 1 you don't initiate contact with a fan ..which he did. It's clear as crap. If this was a female fan things would be much different. I'm not even gonna address its our owner cause it's a fan period. He knew what he was doing and he should be suspended. I'm sure he acted like he can't speak English or knows who it was...but Joker has anger issues. Should be addressed
Yeah I have no idea what’s going to happen here. He clearly wasn’t violent. But he also looked right at ishbia and then purposefully shoved him down. And despite the ball thing, ishbia wasn’t making contact with jokic. The league may squirm outta this by saying the other fan touched jokic, jokic didn’t know it was and was protecting himself. But that’s BS.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To add to Chris' video of Jokic's brothers, I found this article. Seems the maniac in that video was arrested for beating up a woman in his apartment and then choking her when she attempted to call for help. Charges were pled down and ultimately dismissed. As for the other brother, he is a former MMA fighter. No issues beating on women that have been found, as of yet. Seems to be a family with issues.

Raindog

Reaction score
The other thing that burns me about Jokic is that he is the biggest beneficiary of playing in an era when there are almost literally no athletic skilled big men in the league. Put him back in the 1970s/1980s (heck, even 1990s), playing against the likes of Jabbar, Walton, Lanier, Gilmore, Parish, Olajuwon, Ewing, Malone, Shaq, Mourning, Motumbo, etc. on a nightly basis and he would struggle to even get his shot off. I'm not saying he would be total crap, but he would be Jeff Ruland or Bill Laimbeer... instead of a multiple MVP guy.

Instead, he's lucky to be playing in an era where just about every NBA big man is a plodder (Valancunias, Adams, Zubav, Vucevic, et al.), or an anti-physical guy who plays 20 feet from the basket (Towns, Porzingis, etc.). I bet Jeff Ruland and Bill Laimbeer are wishing they could have been born 30 years later.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Jokic is awesome and one of the most unique stars this game has seen. I love his saltiness and would be defending his arse off if he was a Sun. I think we beat them at full strength. Suns in 6.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave