Playoffs: Suns @ Clippers Saturday game thread 4-22-2023 - Game 4

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe he plays up to his competition. He did well against Joker on that finals run. Here’s hoping for a locked-in Ayton.

Guess which big, physical, smart Euro center is going to be waiting in the next round? Ayton is what he is at this point.
Most of the time I don't understand the Ayton evaluation here and the huge cerebral praise of the big Physical Euro centers as though Ayton has no grey matter for the game at all. Zubac didn't out cerebral or out physical play Ayton as Zubac averaged 6.8 point and 6.8 rebound in 26 minutes over 4 games so far and if he is so big physically, smart and effective Zubac would have been on the court for longer stretches. Ayton numbers were not stellar but they were respectable against the big physical smart Euro center. Ayton registered 14.8 points and 11.6 rebounds in about 34 minutes while also setting picks over 4 games although he should have been a more blocking shots threat. Sure Ayton's hands at catching lead in passes & lobs aren't up to par always but that could most likely be remedied. And they need throw that lead in pass to him a thousand in practice until improvement is made and teach him to keep the ball up high.

Although he's not the super #1 draft player we all expected & wanted it is plain he is pretty serviceable center and sometimes beyond adequate because of his agility to move on the court & he's a pretty consistent rebounder of 10-12 per.
Ayton has talent and he needs support through coaching. Maybe Ayton is not what we wanted at this stage in his career but he's no bum. We could do worst at the center position. On one local fm sport station aka negative Dan B a transplant from Chicago completely torn down Ayton's game what he didn't do on game 3. But in fact Ayton was at one point was the one that kept us in the game.
One game away probably from a match up of the big multi talented pass, shoot, rebounding Center Jokic who has defensive problems. See every player has some type of flaw. Stress the best abilities and lead with them. Ayton has been described as he is what he is. Well he been adequate and without a doubt he needs to do more. Will he get there? Got to work on it. Go Suns!

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s insane, talk about a guy turning back the clock.

really shows how important confidence is.
What about signing Westbrook this summer and just making him the bench. Give him a shooter or two and don't try to play him with Book, Paul, or KD. Just give him the ball for 20 minutes a game and let do his Tasmanian Devil thing?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about signing Westbrook this summer and just making him the bench. Give him a shooter or two and don't try to play him with Book, Paul, or KD. Just give him the ball for 20 minutes a game and let do his Tasmanian Devil thing?

Whoever the Suns sign has to be willing to accept a modest salary. The MLE is about $7 million and the Bi-Annual Exception is around $4 million.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure we beat the clippers today but it aint nothing compared to the beating they'll take in the locker room afterwards with Westbrook's salty ass energy sucking team imploding I can't do this all by myself terminal attitude lol if you listen carefully you can hear his locker slamming in Phx
I'm no expert on Westbrook but this runs counter to everything I've ever heard about him.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This is why we got Durant. They can’t focus on any one player. It’s going to leave someone one on one. If Ayton is on or Paul is on they can’t stop us.
Totally agree that this is likely the single biggest value-add in grabbing KD.
It will be very, very interesting though, to see how this Suns team can take advantage of this when the competition improves (if of course we make it past the Clippers).
I think most of us are legit concerned that a Clippers team void of alltime greats in Kawhi and George, continue to confound the Suns.
But, maybe this team is learning to play with one another with each passing game… I hope so!!

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Westbrook never gotta chance to get over Durant leaving - he's never had the opportunity. Everytime they face each other the media endlessly trounces Westbrook. They bring up the exit, they bring up the rings post-exit, and they all give their opinions as to who's the better player. Then they follow that up with who's the better team mate, labeling Westbrook as trouble even though he was mr triple double

But Westbrook is like the waterboy in that he needs tackling fuel. He needs bags upon bags of chips on his bulimic shoulder. The hate only motivates and the doubters only agro-vate. Next thing you know he morphs into that cartoon killer rabbit Woody Harrelson describes in natural born killers, I call him Possessed-brook

I honestly don't know how he's keeping his cool because dude is so e-mo-shun-able but instead of going Mike Tyson he's doing this miniature impersonation of Dennis Rodman and dare I say Kobe Bryant

Westbrook is the reason these games haven't been easy, but he's also hit a nerve with Booker lol. Challenges him at every corner, and Booker has out performed Possessed-brook the whole way

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton averages 19.4 ppg and 11 rpg in his career against Denver. Above his career averages
Take a breathe... Dude is atrocious unless he's perfectly set up.

Max player! What a turd....

Prove me wrong... Your money makes or breaks you in this league imo. He is absolutely worthless according to his stats IMO...

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
The team is integrating a lot better now. Aside from the TOs, DA played as he should, active and involved. They timed his cuts to basket a lot better, as witnessed in those dunks he rarely had previously. He had the 2nd best +/- after CP3.
I'm happy that Craig finally came back to the calm and effective play when he first joined the Suns in 21, visibly loose and confident and knowing where he belongs on the court. And Okogie got us so many additional positions with his hustle and instinct for the play development. Both of them will be crucial defensive force next round.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Take a breathe... Dude is atrocious unless he's perfectly set up.

Max player! What a turd....

Prove me wrong... Your money makes or breaks you in this league imo. He is absolutely worthless according to his stats IMO...

He’s not “worthless” his offense has been hit and miss but his defense has been great the metrics show it. Him and Booker are playing great defense.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s not “worthless” his offense has been hit and miss but his defense has been great the metrics show it. Him and Booker are playing great defense.
Pay attention to the deets. Max player not playing like a max player. I don't care about the rest. Also, that's JMO.