Cp3s role

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
CP is literally not playing point guard. Suns have looked better with Book initiating the offense but I think they are abandoning CP too quickly here. They cant just expect to ride Book like this to a championship. CP missed shots tonight and made some bad plays because hes not in a rythm, doesnt touch the ball. He can still play, he and Monte just need to have some real sets that arent DA coming up and setting a high screen every time. Ayton should be the 4th-5th scoring option on this team, he doesnt need to be so involved in every set.

Worst case scenario id stagger some minutes and when durant and book on the bench, cp, ayton, shooters should get some heavy minutes against other teams bench.

Im concerned and i blame monty mostly. They had a week off and i see zero motion or difference in what theyre doing and its killing CP.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CP is literally not playing point guard. Suns have looked better with Book initiating the offense but I think they are abandoning CP too quickly here. They cant just expect to ride Book like this to a championship. CP missed shots tonight and made some bad plays because hes not in a rythm, doesnt touch the ball. He can still play, he and Monte just need to have some real sets that arent DA coming up and setting a high screen every time. Ayton should be the 4th-5th scoring option on this team, he doesnt need to be so involved in every set.

Worst case scenario id stagger some minutes and when durant and book on the bench, cp, ayton, shooters should get some heavy minutes against other teams bench.

Im concerned and i blame monty mostly. They had a week off and i see zero motion or difference in what theyre doing and its killing CP.

So it’s Ayton’s fault Paul sucks? Bruh

Paul is washed. He can’t get us into the offense fast enough. He slows the game to a snails pace, the problem with those screens is Paul can’t snake in and break down a defense anymore to they become worthless, that’s how you go from the best pick and role team in the NBA to not even being able to run one,

Booker has to bring it up because Paul can’t deal with a full court press now the book is out on him.

His clutch stats say he’s damn near unplayable in the 4th and they’ve been like that all year.

If your going to play him out him in the corner and let him be a spot up shooter cause that’s all he brings now.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think it's just the strategy against the Clippers.

If book is going to be the point I would like to see some Booker/Durant pick and roll, which I don't remember even seeing up to this point.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So it’s Ayton’s fault Paul sucks? Bruh

Paul is washed. He can’t get us into the offense fast enough. He slows the game to a snails pace, the problem with those screens is Paul can’t snake in and break down a defense anymore to they become worthless, that’s how you go from the best pick and role team in the NBA to not even being able to run one,

Booker has to bring it up because Paul can’t deal with a full court press now the book is out on him.

His clutch stats say he’s damn near unplayable in the 4th and they’ve been like that all year.

If your going to play him out him in the corner and let him be a spot up shooter cause that’s all he brings now.

Its pretty clear that CP3 hurt his shooting hand on one of those key deflections he had down the stretch in the 4th of game 2. Way different numbers last night playing with the hand injury (Game 3 27% v. 57% in Game 2), he couldn't hit anything last night. Whether you are a YMCA player or an NBA player, a hand injury on your shooting hand is going to mess you up.

Not sure about his stats for the year, but he sure the heck was clutch in game 2. Arguably, he was the one that pulled out the win for us with 4 points, 1 steal, 1 assist, and 2 deflections to put the game out of reach. Without CP3's performance, we could have lost that game very easily. So when you say he is "washed", that doesn't ring true. Your comments are way over the top.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its pretty clear that CP3 hurt his shooting hand on one of those key deflections he had down the stretch in the 4th of game 2. Way different numbers last night playing with the hand injury (Game 3 27% v. 57% in Game 2), he couldn't hit anything last night. Whether you are a YMCA player or an NBA player, a hand injury on your shooting hand is going to mess you up.

Not sure about his stats for the year, but he sure the heck was clutch in game 2. Arguably, he was the one that pulled out the win for us with 4 points, 1 steal, 1 assist, and 2 deflections to put the game out of reach. Without CP3's performance, we could have lost that game very easily. So when you say he is "washed", that doesn't ring true. Your comments are way over the top.
How is it clear?

It's not on the injury report, and guys have bad shooting games all the time, especially old guys like him.

I don't think the injury had anything to do with it.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How is it clear?

It's not on the injury report, and guys have bad shooting games all the time, especially old guys like him.

I don't think the injury had anything to do with it.

If you ask CP or the team how is hand is doing, you are not going to get an honest answer. Same deal on the injury report. This has become obvious over the last few years with his hands. If you asked him for directions and he pointed one way, you couldn't tell which way to go. His fingers are a mess and playing with one on his shooting hand taped up had a clear impact when compared to his shooting the previous game "in my opinion".

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He did get an x-ray for a reason.
Yeah, and it was negative.

Chris Paul playing like trash has happened several times this season, it's not abnormal, so blaming it on an injury is holding him in a higher regard than he deserves is all I am saying.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This kills me. Overwhelming evidence that Paul isn’t really any good anymore. Hits like 3 shots and it’s wow look at Chris Paul. That’s how far the standard has fallen for him.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This kills me. Overwhelming evidence that Paul isn’t really any good anymore. Hits like 3 shots and it’s wow look at Chris Paul. That’s how far the standard has fallen for him.

Nope, just pointing out his Game 2 performance which saved the game for us. Did you see that game? Are you saying that he wasn't good and clutch in that game?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right, exactly! Sure, it came back clean, but there is a reason he had to get it in the first place.
Um, yeah it's team policy, because the team would be stupid to just trust a player's word on an injury.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nope, just pointing out his Game 2 performance which saved the game for us. Did you see that game? Are you saying that he wasn't good and clutch in that game?
Yeah, I've seen every game he played this year, and he was really good in about 30% of them, so so in 20% of them, and awful in 50%.

That's why people say he's not very good anymore.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen every game he played this year, and he was really good in about 30% of them, so so in 20% of them, and awful in 50%.

And yet, the Suns did not bother to add a third point guard to their 15-man roster.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Was he good in game 2?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And yet, the Suns did not bother to add a third point guard to their 15-man roster.
They did not have one worth adding.

Between Book and KD being able to ball handle they would not get any time anyway - we will see if Payne is even able to get playing time.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes. Which means if the pattern continues we will be lucky to get one more good game out of him this series.

He's going to need some serious rest with that hand injury to get right. I hope Payne comes back soon, and we can keep this series from going 6 or 7 games. But it sure feels like this is going to be a 7 game series.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They did not have one worth adding.

Between Book and KD being able to ball handle they would not get any time anyway - we will see if Payne is even able to get playing time.

The Clippers added Bones Hyland with two second round picks.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Oh ok let’s ignore game 1 where he was an absolute disaster. Like I said he hits 3 shots and now everything’s ok. By the way I’m just curious, were we already winning when he hit those couple shots? Lol oh that’s right

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've watched every game too and I'd raise the so so number and drop the awful number a bit but I can't wholly disagree with the point. All told he's our weakest starter even with an inconsistent DA and a question mark as our 5th starter. He dropped off a lot last season but was still able to play like a star during late game 4th quarter stretches and we get some of that this year, but it's not regular enough to count on it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yet despite all this he is one of the playoff leaders in Steals #6, assists per game #3, Assists totals #2 despite the ball being less in his hands. That's damn impressive. What's missing IMO is consistent scoring and clutch shooting. That part of his game has just gone south.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard