Week 12 Arizona off season thread. (3/27/23-4/2/23)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

, they have three players that can or have played center — free agent addition Hjalte Froholdt, who started four game at center last season, Lecitus Smith, drafted last year in the sixth round and practiced at center all offseason, and Hayden Howerton, signed this offseason, who played some center in college at SMU.

They have a combined four NFL starts, all by Froholdt.

I should probably just log off until after the draft, TBH.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People love taking swipes at Murray.

Head should be Jameis Winston's decision making. Stealing crab legs AND throwing a buttload of interceptions throughout his career should be the clincher.

Murray invites it on himself.

The whole "Murray doesn't have to do any of these things" narrative I've seen going around I strongly disagree with, but if that's the case he can't complain when the things he doesn't do come back to bite him in the ass.

If he's not going to do any of the things, many of them minor inconveniences, to ingratiate himself with his own fans then it's his own fault if they don't like him very much and he gets a bad rep.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Murray invites it on himself.

The whole "Murray doesn't have to do any of these things" narrative I've seen going around I strongly disagree with, but if that's the case he can't complain when the things he doesn't do come back to bite him in the ass.

If he's not going to do any of the things, many of them minor inconveniences, to ingratiate himself with his own fans then it's his own fault if they don't like him very much and he gets a bad rep.
I don’t think Kyler really cares about this, but which is frustrating for us but also why he doesn’t do these things.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think Kyler really cares about this, but which is frustrating for us but also why he doesn’t do these things.

That's fine. If Kyler doesn't care about it good for him I guess. But then he (via his pissy IG comments or his defenders like Brown) can't complain when people take shots at him. And the Kyler stans can't blame people for not liking him when he doesn't do anything to be liked.

Personally, I think the things he would need to do to be more liked would be so insignificant and take so little of his time that it reeks of contempt for fans and fans (and the wider NFL in general) have picked up on that. But, you know, just don't complain about it when it bites you.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Of course he is. This is the silly season in the NFL. No one is going to say yeah we plan to draft a Center in either the 2nd or 3rd round. You have to play the offseason game.

Yeah, but you have to come up with a more credible lie than this. It doesn't make any sense to say something transparently stupid like "We're totally good with what we have." He can just as easily say "Well, as far as I can tell no one plays football games in March, and we're looking for opportunities to get better at every position when it makes sense from a player perspective and a cap perspective. We'll see where we stand after the draft and going into camp. What I know is that we have several guys on the roster who we believe can do that role and do it well when they're given the opportunity."

@Chopper0080 is right that he'll get better at this stuff, but man what a joke.

Sexually assaulting a girl while in college probably should figure in there as well.

Also groping an Uber driver (allegedly).

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, but you have to come up with a more credible lie than this. It doesn't make any sense to say something transparently stupid like "We're totally good with what we have." He can just as easily say "Well, as far as I can tell no one plays football games in March, and we're looking for opportunities to get better at every position when it makes sense from a player perspective and a cap perspective. We'll see where we stand after the draft and going into camp. What I know is that we have several guys on the roster who we believe can do that role and do it well when they're given the opportunity."

@Chopper0080 is right that he'll get better at this stuff, but man what a joke.

Also groping an Uber driver (allegedly).

It does make him look like a bit of a rube saying the Cardinals are okay at center. It's a good thing there are a few decent centers to pick from.

Card4Life

Rookie
Reaction score
Agree that is was a strange statement to make, but I wouldn't read anything into it. I'd be shocked if we didn't address the center position in the draft (or FA), but then again, nothing should surprise me after being a Cardinal fan since the 70's.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
People blasted the Cards for announcing interest in Wypler. Now Gannon is an idiot for saying we are set at center. Ugh.
Who was blasting about Wypler? I saw people preferring other draft eligible Cs ove rhim, but not knocking drafting a C.

Reactions: PJ1

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who was blasting about Wypler? I saw people preferring other draft eligible Cs ove rhim, but not knocking drafting a C.
I’m not going to go back and find it, but there were a couple posters that were admonishing our GM for possibly letting out that they were looking at the Center from Ohio state….