Today’s Thought - Hopkins

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not seeing blocked content, but this is classic ASFN for this time of the year. Same posters venting furiously to the annoyance of probably 60% of the rest of the forum.

Hell I think this is a dumpster fire so far, but it's not constructive to whine on here and it's more engaging to discuss what happens next.
SOS... Krang talks more crap about posters than actual football.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Talking about the Young and the Hopkins.

Anyone care to make a poll to see where people will think he will land?

Could be moved this week, or at least I believe he would before the draft, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Can't imagine being a Jets or Packers or Ravens or Colts fan right now, edging just like us but all at the QB position.

Mostly I can't imagine it because they all have a freaking SB, even if it was forever ago. Damn you Harrison.

Ahem.

So, Bills or Chiefs? Or...?

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You know what? I’m gonna try to do my part. I’m going to try to stop calling out the posters that are just criticizing other posters. I’m sure it doesn’t help the readability of the board.
Yeah, I'm sure it doesn't. When we stop commenting on it, however, we just allow the bad actors to set the narrative. Like, "They just want big FA signings!" Yeah, the lies are ridiculous and I will always call them out. A tip of the cap to you for taking the high road, Ouchie!

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
What other people think of me is none of my business- truth is I don’t have a clue what the cardinals will play like next year, I think Michael pulled the rug early on kingsbury like cards did on Denny green, but Keim needed to go , but I could be exactly wrong. I expect down years, seen coaches and teams have them my entire life. And seen teams comeback from them and become dynasty!

i respect the roony family with the Steelers, don’t like em but respect how they sustained great success, I mean Michael is not the smartest guy in the room. BA left him, Wilkes, Kk and now this sheet show. I don’t see why Gannon is seen as a HC of the future, buddy Ryan I got, don’t get this guy, but it’s Michael’s decision, he is at the big boy table, let’s see what he drags through the tater salad.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nope. I don't have a problem cracking jokes, but the people who are outraged by what they are seeing from this front office is comical. Classic ASFN.
I wouldn't call it outrage. More like perturbed. As fans we have ZERO understanding of what this team's plan is right now. Not that we'd know the book on them by this point, but the moves, or lack there of coupled with a few non-sequiturs is nothing to get the pom-poms out. I for one am pretty irritated.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I rarely agree with the darksiders but with how the last couple years (if not the last fifty) have gone, they’ve earned the right to not be doubted on their current positions until proven wrong by the organization. Jmo.
It doesn't help that this free agency period is like groundhogs day to last year's. Similar critique, and similar defense.

Stout

Reaction score
I see your point.
I don’t understand your point.
I disagree with your point.

Works a lot better than.

You don’t know what you’re talking about.
You’re an idiot.
You’re wrong.
And when someone is actively lying about your opinion? This is happening with regularity, and saying nothing lets the lie stand, and saying something gets backlash in the form of "You always need to be right" or "Why are you calling people out?"

You see, if you aren't full of hopium viewing proceedings through rose-colored glasses, you're allowed to be targeted.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You know what? I’m gonna try to do my part. I’m going to try to stop calling out the posters that are just criticizing other posters. I’m sure it doesn’t help the readability of the board.
Those are pretty much the only poster's I have on ignore.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
What other people think of me is none of my business- truth is I don’t have a clue what the cardinals will play like next year, I think Michael pulled the rug early on kingsbury like cards did on Denny green, but Keim needed to go , but I could be exactly wrong. I expect down years, seen coaches and teams have them my entire life. And seen teams comeback from them and become dynasty!

i respect the roony family with the Steelers, don’t like em but respect how they sustained great success, I mean Michael is not the smartest guy in the room. BA left him, Wilkes, Kk and now this sheet show. I don’t see why Gannon is seen as a HC of the future, buddy Ryan I got, don’t get this guy, but it’s Michael’s decision, he is at the big boy table, let’s see what he drags through the tater salad.
BA didn't leave Michael...lol BA wore out his welcome with the FO, like he had at other stops, like Pittsburgh and now Tampa Bay.

BA has been moved out by multiple teams....it is what it is. Like Harbaugh, BA is a great coach, but eventually something about his message wears everyone out.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
BA didn't leave Michael...lol BA wore out his welcome with the FO, like he had at other stops, like Pittsburgh and now Tampa Bay.

BA has been moved out by multiple teams....it is what it is. Like Harbaugh, BA is a great coach, but eventually something about his message wears everyone out.
Ok retired to coach another team then

Reaction score
And when someone is actively lying about your opinion? This is happening with regularity, and saying nothing lets the lie stand, and saying something gets backlash in the form of "You always need to be right" or "Why are you calling people out?"

You see, if you aren't full of hopium viewing proceedings through rose-colored glasses, you're allowed to be targeted.
Stout, you & Cheese keep saying this about posters but I don't see it. To me calling someone a liar is a pretty strong accusation. Could it be they are mistaken about your opinion & not lying? To be lying they would have to clearly know your opinion & then state the opposite or say your opinion is a completely different opinion. Can you show an example of this?

Stout

Reaction score
Stout, you & Cheese keep saying this about posters but I don't see it. To me calling someone a liar is a pretty strong accusation. Could it be they are mistaken about your opinion & not lying? To be lying they would have to clearly know your opinion & then state the opposite or say your opinion is a completely different opinion. Can you show an example of this?
It rose to the level of lying, yes. The problem is, our opinion wasn't outrageous enough to simply dismiss out of hand--which a certain poster tried to do at first by laughably claiming there are no such things as mid-level FAs. Well, when he couldn't prove that, he could only "disprove" our opinions by changing what our opinions actually are. And this poster repeated, time after time and post after post, a complete fabrication: That we're upset at the lack of big FA signings. I mean, have you heard me, Cheese, or others complaining that we aren't going on a giant FA spending spree? No, because we haven't been.

That's not something you do on accident, when making something up out of thin air. That's purposeful. Couple that with this poster throwing around "you're wrongs" and categorically telling any who oppose his views that he's the only one with facts on his side, and, well, yes. Lying.

Mark you, I might disagree and argue with you and others, but there's only one that's truly and purposefully misrepresenting our arguments. You're not that poster :)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Dude it’s happened over and over again.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Then we should politely respond with I think you are incorrect.
Things have gotten a bit out of hand. We can’t seem to disagree without getting nasty.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose