Star Wars: The Mandalorian (Disney+)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So good.

Never thought my useless knowledge of R5-D4 would come in handy, but the wife enjoyed it. :lol:

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I didn't like E1 last week. It was another boring quest episode that literally put me to sleep. E2 on the other hand was a lot of fun last night and a good episode. Hopefully we'll get more of that for the rest of the season.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't like E1 last week. It was another boring quest episode that literally put me to sleep. E2 on the other hand was a lot of fun last night and a good episode. Hopefully we'll get more of that for the rest of the season.
I found it okay, but had some similar feelings as you.....

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
E3 was as bad as E2 was great. That was a snoozefest. I wouldn't have mind the detour to Coruscant if the writing and acting weren't so wooden and there was a good purpose to it. But there isn't. This episode felt like garbage left over from the Obi-wan series in its feel and tone.

The episode gets even worse once you realize that the reason for it is that they're setting up justification for things in the Disney trilogy. We're not going to get the retcon that fans want. They're locking it in. This might kill the show for me.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
E3 was as bad as E2 was great. That was a snoozefest. I wouldn't have mind the detour to Coruscant if the writing and acting weren't so wooden and there was a good purpose to it. But there isn't. This episode felt like garbage left over from the Obi-wan series in its feel and tone.

The episode gets even worse once you realize that the reason for it is that they're setting up justification for things in the Disney trilogy. We're not going to get the retcon that fans want. They're locking it in. This might kill the show for me.
Most fans don’t want a retcon. Those are beyond stupid 99% of the time and don’t work. Disney has never committed to or mentioned anything about it. That’s all fan fodder by the loudest fans.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This season is doing absolutely nothing for me. Especially coming on the heels of the brilliance of most of Andor.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aside from the weird side episode I think this season is pretty great.
Why? It’s a listless story, with very little forward thrust, Mando has been consistently sidelined and there’s no antagonist to speak of.

And the writing is Xena: Warrior Princess level bad.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? It’s a listless story, with very little forward thrust, Mando has been consistently sidelined and there’s no antagonist to speak of.
Because they are diving into the Mandolorian mythos which is what Star Wars fans have been asking to see for decades.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

And the writing is Xena: Warrior Princess level bad.
And E4's sidequest was really stupid. If the next episode doesn't turn things around a little bit then I'm tapping out after 3 of the 4 episodes being duds.

The kid is in mortal danger so you camp out over night and take your sweet time climbing up. That foundling would have been dead before the rescue party even left the camp.

The bird is also a know predator to them that has picked off kids before but you don't set up my defense or precautions for it? Just like the gator in e1. The Mandalorians aren't too bright.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And E4's sidequest was really stupid. If the next episode doesn't turn things around a little bit then I'm tapping out after 3 of the 4 episodes being duds.

The kid is in mortal danger so you camp out over night and take your sweet time climbing up. That foundling would have been dead before the rescue party even left the camp.

The bird is also a know predator to them that has picked off kids before but you don't set up my defense or precautions for it? Just like the gator in e1. The Mandalorians aren't too bright.
The side episode just seemed forced for sure. I hope they are setting something up in later episodes or that will just seem more out of place by the end of the season.

Ahmed Bests cameo as a Jedi in last night's episode was freaking epic. Gives him a little redemption after the heat he took for playing JAR JAR.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahmed Bests cameo as a Jedi in last night's episode was freaking epic.
Why?

That whole sequence was lame also. The greatest warriors in the entire universe are taken out by can’t shoot straight Stormtroopers? Talk about letting down on what should have been an epic showdown between Vader and the remaining Jedi. Just continues to make the Jedi look pathetic when all was said and done.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why?

That whole sequence was lame also. The greatest warriors in the entire universe are taken out by can’t shoot straight Stormtroopers? Talk about letting down on what should have been an epic showdown between Vader and the remaining Jedi. Just continues to make the Jedi look pathetic when all was said and done.
Because it was some redemption for the Ahmed Best after the heat he took playing Jar Jar.

In terms of the story, clone troopers are not Stormtroopers and it's Stormtroopers you are thinking of. Clone troopers have been portrayed much different than the ladder Stormtroopers in Star Wars. They were pretty efficient throughout the prequels and subsequent Clone Wars. There is actually a reason for that.

Not to mention that it's in line with the prequels. The Jedi said that many of the younger Jedi had become arrogant about their own abilities. The fall of the Jedi order was more than just the number of clones going after them in the preequels. By the time the prequels rolled around the Jedi order was shell of it's heyday (the old Republic era). Even the Jedi knew they were not invisible. They said they were keepers of the peace but not soldiers.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because they are diving into the Mandolorian mythos which is what Star Wars fans have been asking to see for decades.
Okay… but you’d hope the Mandalorian myth was actually interesting. Everything they’ve done with the Mandos outside of Mando and Starbuck paints them as complete and utter morons.

That said, I was too harsh on the whole cares of it all with Ahmed Best. It’s a really nice moment handed to someone who was just reviled because of an awful character he played.

Reaction score
My guess is that Grogu is a clone of Yoda & not the offspring of Yoda & Yaddle. That could be why he was more protected than the other younglings when Order 66 was enacted. Jmho.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another solid episode. I like where they are leading the Mandalorians.

Nice cameo with Zeb from Star Wars Rebels. I wish they had done more with him. However, there are rumors Ahsoka series will utilize him and other Rebels characters. This likely was just a fun cameo until that show comes out.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Man, anyone else not feeling Spinach the Hutt, the pirate king? He’s not delicious, boss.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This season of the Book Of Bo-Katan with cameo appearances/storylines for Mando/Grogu is really bad. A far cry from Season 2 of Mando.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This season of the Book Of Bo-Katan with cameo appearances/storylines for Mando/Grogu is really bad. A far cry from Season 2 of Mando.
I love the Bo-Katan stuff but it better lead somewhere. I have a feeling it might be tied to the Mandolorian movie just announced. In terms of the last episode? I love Jack Black and Christopher Lloyd but that entire episode was cringe until the end.

In fact, I wasn't in favor of Grogu returning this season either. I thought handing him off to Luke was a great sendoff. Continuing to run around with a kid and some of the stuff around Grogu to me seemed like a dicey decision.

Then again, it did drive my daughters to buy everything freaking Grogu which is what Disney wanted.

Last edited: