Kelvin Beachum on Kyler

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Beach will be happy to cut them checks. He knows Cards O-line is great place for a vet to retire...ask Hudson and Pugh. (who seems to be trying to angle for another dip in the well!)

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Your first line is incorrect! He is not the smallest QB ever drafted. Eddie LeBaron was 5'7" when drafted by the Washington Commanders. His career started late due to a being drafted and sent to the Korena war.

He started 85 game and appeared in 134 of them. He threw for over 13k yards in a run first era.

You must be registered for see images attach

I stand corrected - but 1st overall draft pick -KM is a unicorn - and seems so was Eddie

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not a basketball guy but I occasionally watch the Suns if they are on, and following the Cards on Twitter I catch Suns strays quite often.

So I may have this wrong but it seems to me the Cards fans want Kyler to be Devin Booker, but instead they got Deandre Ayton.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'm not a basketball guy but I occasionally watch the Suns if they are on, and following the Cards on Twitter I catch Suns strays quite often.

So I may have this wrong but it seems to me the Cards fans want Kyler to be Devin Booker, but instead they got Deandre Ayton.
Kyler and Ayton couldn't be more different from a personality perspective. Book is in a whole different universe - one of the most confident athletes with an incredible strength of will. Kyler - you can see when things are going wrong and feel his anxiety.

They're similar in the sense that they think they're doing enough and everything they can do to be successful, when everyone on the outside seems them as frittering away their unicorn skill and athletic ability.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Ayton doesn't look like he gives a rats butt.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton doesn't look like he gives a rats butt.

Yup. That's kinda the vibe around Kyler. The study stuff, the bad body language, video games etc.

Booker is a guy that takes over games. Leads the team. That you can lean on.

Ayton is a guy who disappears. Seems disinterested. Yada Yada.

Just my impression from limited knowledge.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yup. That's kinda the vibe around Kyler. The study stuff, the bad body language, video games etc.

Booker is a guy that takes over games. Leads the team. That you can lean on.

Ayton is a guy who disappears. Seems disinterested. Yada Yada.

Just my impression from limited knowledge.
Kyler looks like he cares.

I think Kyler lacks self awareness...very common for 25 year olds.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Not so much 25 year old QBs. Every QB in the league the same age or younger is better in this regard.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not among NFL QBs coming out in top 10 I’d say.

Most are very strong leaders and seem pretty mature for their ages. Numerous examples of it out there. His lack of it is much higher than what we’re used to seeing I’d say amongst his peers.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Not among NFL QBs coming out in top 10 I’d say.

Most are very strong leaders and seem pretty mature for their ages. Numerous examples of it out there. His lack of it is much higher than what we’re used to seeing I’d say amongst his peers.
He’s also been in the public eye for a decade with a team from Nike at his side forever.

If he doesn’t have media skills it’s because he doesn’t want them, not because he hasn’t had access to training.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I actually think that’s pretty accurate. Kyler and Ayton have tremendous similarities.

Both #1 picks.

Both something neither team has really had (home grown QB and home grown center) (while in az)

Both think very highly of their own abilities.

Both had shown promise (kyler first half of 2021 and playoff Ayton in 2021)

Both have been disappointments.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA