2023 NFL Mock Drafts

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I did this one more as a thought experiment on a double trade back. FIrst with the Raiders to #7 and then with the Jets to #13.

I drafted Van Ness as an inside guy to replace Allen but this could be Bresee or Kancey too. Whatever flavor you like.

I would have liked to add a run stuffer but it didn't fall that way.

It's hard drafting 15 players.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I did this one more as a thought experiment on a double trade back. irst with the Raiders to #7 and then with the Jets to #13.

I drafted Van Ness as an inside guy to replace Allen but this could be Bresee or Kancey too. Whatever flavor you like.

Please tell me you got some 2024 picks, as well, in those 2 trade downs in the 1st.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did this one more as a thought experiment on a double trade back. FIrst with the Raiders to #7 and then with the Jets to #13.

This would be awesome!

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

This is a Colts trade down and Hopkins to Cowboys trade mock draft.

I used some of the extra draft capital to trade back up to grab Bresee. Having a front line with Allen (if re-signed), Cam Thomas, Anderson Jr., Myjai Sanders, and Bresee gives the Cardinals some good flexibility to rush the passer.

Avila and Tippmann become the future at LG and Center. Avila has good size and positional flexibility. Tippmann is a bigger center with excellent movement skills.

If the Cardinals play more 4-3 looks, they could use a true MLB and Jack Campbell has tools. Campbell is big and moves very well. He's a classic stack and shed type of LB. Tough, hard-nosed player.

Achane and Washington add more playmakers. This isn't the draft to replace Hopkins, but both add playmaking ability to the offense.

I think the Cardinals need to add more depth to the DL and Turner and Clark add some flexibility. Lawrence and Fotu have mostly been failures and need to be challenged for their roster spots.

Thomas has good size and performed well at a lower level of completion. Kuntz is a super athletic TE. Bennett adds a legit #3 candidate to the QB room with a possible career as a long term backup.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Peter Skoronski
OT Northwestern

Isaiah Foskey
EDGE Notre Dame

Emmanuel Forbes
CB Mississippi State

John Michael Schmitz
OC Minnesota

Steve Avila
OG TCU

Keeanu Benton
DT Wisconsin

Garrett Williams
CB Syracuse

Deuce Vaughn
RB Kansas State

Hunter Luepke
RB North Dakota State
  • 2024 CLE 1st
  • 2024 HOU 1st
  • 2024 BAL 1st
  • 2024 BAL 2nd
  • 2024 HOU 3rd

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I always find mocks vs reality amusing.

If you look at our mocks they contain many of the same players. Fans always expect to get the guys we know or got some hype in the process. Even the positions never align.

Then the draft comes round and instead of Wright, Jones, JMS, Avila, Benton, Forbes, Vaughn etc we get Mazi Smith or Gervon Dexter and Zach Harrison or Sydney Brown.

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I always find mocks vs reality amusing.

If you look at our mocks they contain many of the same players. Fans always expect to get the guys we know or got some hype in the process. Even the positions never align.

Then the draft comes round and instead of Wright, Jones, JMS, Avila, Benton, Forbes, Vaughn etc we get Mazi Smith or Gervon Dexter and Zach Harrison or Sydney Brown.
And there are players that many of us aren't thinking about because we usually get focused on the guys the draftniks get focused on.

Maybe Stromberg out of Arkansas is the best center. We just don't have the info that teams get.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And there are players that many of us aren't thinking about because we usually get focused on the guys the draftniks get focused on.

Maybe Stromberg out of Arkansas is the best center. We just don't have the info that teams get.

Not just us. I see guys like Keanu Benton an about 60% of everyone's mock drafts.

Most our picks will be guys that probably aren't on a single mock anyone of us has done.

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Not just us. I see guys like Keanu Benton an about 60% of everyone's mock drafts.

Most our picks will be guys that probably aren't on a single mock anyone of us has done.
This always happens. No one heard of Christian Matthew last year.

Man DL is so weak this draft. Benton is probably a 4th rounder in a lot of drafts, but he even looks appealing in round 3 this year.

I think we look back in a few years at this draft and think it's really weak.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Athletic posted a first-round mock by Ben Standig that is way too good to be true for the Cardinals:
1. Carolina Panthers (from Chicago): C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State

2. Houston Texans: Bryce Young, QB, Alabama

3. Seattle Seahawks (from Arizona): Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida
Projected trade: Nos. 5, 52, 123 and a 2024 third-round pick to Arizona for No. 3

4. Indianapolis Colts: Will Levis, QB, Kentucky

5. Arizona Cardinals (from Seattle): Will Anderson Jr., Edge, Alabama
This QB-QB-QB-QB start allows the Cardinals to add picks and select arguably this year’s top prospect at 5, something that wouldn’t be in the cards if swapping 3 for 7 with Las Vegas. Anderson, an explosive pass rusher, finished with 34.5 sacks and 62 tackles for loss during his three seasons with the Crimson Tide.
Pretty tough to imagine the Cards trading with Seattle, let alone trusting the Seahawks to not take Anderson!

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Just saw this one...Thoughts?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
The problem you run into with taking so many OL in one draft is that you need some veteran experience on the line and with Smith and Hayes already on the roster, the draftee needs to be appreciably better than either of those two or play a different position.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose