Today’s Rumor (hot discussion) - Bresee stock rising

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
In view of how Bresee looked at the Combine and his early career play, he’s climbing the big boards. If you’re unaware, his sister died of brain cancer last season. That is a horrible thing to watch as you’re totally helpless. It really devastated him I’m hearing from my Clemson contacts. He is finally near normal and I’m also told he’s highly motivated to dedicate his career to his sister. He and Wilson were initially viewed as the same talent level. I’m told by several he might go top 10, definitely top 15. If the Cards move down I’d grab him. His ceiling is Pro Bowl level.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Harry, I guess I am wrong, but I thought he had fallen way down near bottom of R1 over the last month or so. Guess I am thinking of someone else.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Harry, I guess I am wrong, but I thought he had fallen way down near bottom of R1 over the last month or so. Guess I am thinking of someone else.
He was down there before the Combine then people started to dig down on why he dropped.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In view of how Bresee looked at the Combine and his early career play, he’s climbing the big boards. If you’re unaware, his sister died of brain cancer last season. That is a horrible thing to watch as you’re totally helpless. It really devastated him I’m hearing from my Clemson contacts. He is finally near normal and I’m also told he’s highly motivated to dedicate his career to his sister. He and Wilson were initially viewed as the same talent level. I’m told by several he might go top 10, definitely top 15. If the Cards move down I’d grab him. His ceiling is Pro Bowl level.

I'd be fine trading back and picking up Bresee and a CB with the capital.

I'd also be fine with Kancey or Van Ness.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Really? All I see on tape is a one trick pony who didnt get to the QB. I think he is a mid 1st level talent at best, and I would take Klancey over him.
As a frosh he was the ACC Rookie of the Year. 26 QB pressures & 4 sacks. Then injuries and his sister’s illness set him back. I believe he’s an impact player

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if the Cards might trade back twice is they can.

First with Indi for Ryan Kelly and a 2nd (I wonder if this might be in the works already with Kelly trade talk vanishing) and then with the Falcons at #8. The Falcons pass rush is garbage and Will Anderson is an Atlanta kid. Would make sense for them to be interested in a home grown edge rusher.

At #8 the Cards can still pick up a top CB, Bresee, Kancey etc

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As a frosh he was the ACC Rookie of the Year. 26 QB pressures & 4 sacks. Then injuries and his sister’s illness set him back. I believe he’s an impact player

Also think he's the football loving character guy that the Org will covet

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if the Cards might trade back twice is they can.

First with Indi for Ryan Kelly and a 2nd (I wonder if this might be in the works already with Kelly trade talk vanishing) and then with the Falcons at #8. The Falcons pass rush is garbage and Will Anderson is an Atlanta kid. Would make sense for them to be interested in a home grown edge rusher.

At #8 the Cards can still pick up a top CB, Bresee, Kancey etc
It doesn’t make sense for us to trade back with a team that isn’t trading up for a QB. We would receive significantly less capital compared to a team that’s trading up for a QB.

“Atlanta kid” lol like that means anything. Fields is also an Atlanta kid & the Falcons passed on him despite being in prime position to do so.

Stop overthinking this & either stay at #3 to draft Will or see if Indy wants to trade up one spot to secure their choice of QB & we still draft Will at #4, but with the bonus of extra draft capital.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Him peaking his freshman year & not coming close to it is the reason to not draft Breese. Awful for what happened to his sister. However, that’s just not a risk this organization should not take.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
I think trading back twice is a possibility, and possibly a good move. IMO the draft tiers are strange. Will Anderson is a "sure thing", but if we trade down the next group of defensive players all have question marks. There are a few "sure thing" offensive players at that point, but might not be in positions of immediate need or "premier" positions.

To me the "surest" guys in the draft are

Anderson, Skoronski, and Bijan Robinson. I just dont see a situation outside of injury where those guys are not stars in the league.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
To me the "surest" guys in the draft are

Anderson, Skoronski, and Bijan Robinson. I just dont see a situation outside of injury where those guys are not stars in the league.
I'd add Gonzalez to that list. Cardinals are in a good position. Draft Anderson or get a king's ransom to trade down.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose