Kelvin Beachum on Kyler

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Love that he’s rehabbing in Phoenix.

Sometimes you have to get seriously knocked down to learn how to rise above. Hopefully last year and the ACL injury are a blessing in disguise for Kyler in that respect.
Being knocked down so many many times in my life, with over 40 car and motorcycle accidents alone, only brought me that much closer and closer to rock bottom. And after my last bad accident in September, I find myself, not only at rock bottom, but totally out of rocks.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Being knocked down so many many times in my life, with over 40 car and motorcycle accidents alone, only brought me that much closer and closer to rock bottom. And after my last bad accident in September, I find myself, not only at rock bottom, but totally out of rocks.

The answer in your life was public transportation.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Uh… for those who thought this wasn’t a big deal, I’d say Kyler’s bestie putting Beach on blast says different.

Seriously tho… when a known teammate says a QB has to grow up, that’s kind of big line to cross no matter how many here want to downplay. To me it felt like for a teammate to actually say that outloud, it had to be a much bigger problem than we even know. That stuff just doesn’t happen normally unless there are serious issues inside the team.
It also speaks to the institutional rot within the franchise. Most places even if guys despise each other it mostly stays behind closed doors.

There’s literally zero accountability in the whole organization. I’m sure Michael loved the 5 minute break from the conversation that Beach used to toe the company line. The irony of putting Kyler’s leadership and maturity on blast to then sucking up to MB was too much.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Long timers, was Bill Bidwill franchise this discombobulated?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Love that he’s rehabbing in Phoenix.

Sometimes you have to get seriously knocked down to learn how to rise above. Hopefully last year and the ACL injury are a blessing in disguise for Kyler in that respect.
I think this is the hope. Murray has never faced a major obstacle other than the crap he faced at A&M.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Uh… for those who thought this wasn’t a big deal, I’d say Kyler’s bestie putting Beach on blast says different.

Seriously tho… when a known teammate says a QB has to grow up, that’s kind of big line to cross no matter how many here want to downplay. To me it felt like for a teammate to actually say that outloud, it had to be a much bigger problem than we even know. That stuff just doesn’t happen normally unless there are serious issues inside the team.
Maybe so.

Or maybe he's just being too sensitive.

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
That's not how I heard it, but what the heck, get rid of the bum, we can draft another and in 4 years we can get rid of that bum too!

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Beach is flat out wrong for this. It doesn’t even matter if what he said is right. To come out and publicly throw shade on your teammate is wrong, period.

Handle it in house if there are issues that need to be dealt with or conversations that need to be had.

Questions Beach should have asked himself before negatively commenting about a peer publicly:

1. Do my words harm this person’s reputation?
2. Have I talked to them first privately?
3. What is my motivation for publicly saying something negative about another person, let alone a teammate?

I don’t care what y’all say, he didn’t need to say any of this publicly.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Kelvin Beachum is a great guy. The Cards man of the year candidate in 2021. And this year he is focused on building wells in Africa.

He was also a key offensive lineman in the trenches with Kyler all season.

It isn’t hard to take him at his word.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It also speaks to the institutional rot within the franchise. Most places even if guys despise each other it mostly stays behind closed doors.

There’s literally zero accountability in the whole organization. I’m sure Michael loved the 5 minute break from the conversation that Beach used to toe the company line. The irony of putting Kyler’s leadership and maturity on blast to then sucking up to MB was too much.
Speaking of a lack of accountability, Michael also got bailed out when Gannon answered all the questions about the NFLPA survey.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Speaking of a lack of accountability, Michael also got bailed out when Gannon answered all the questions about the NFLPA survey.
Has Mike been in position to be asked about it? Has he had any presser, since the hiring of Gannon?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Has Mike been in position to be asked about it? Has he had any presser, since the hiring of Gannon?
The best PR move here is to throw his newest employee, who is in honey moon period, out there and hide behind broken floor boards in the training room gym.

Mark22

VBhoopcoach
Reaction score
Beach is flat out wrong for this. It doesn’t even matter if what he said is right. To come out and publicly throw shade on your teammate is wrong, period.

Handle it in house if there are issues that need to be dealt with or conversations that need to be had.

Questions Beach should have asked himself before negatively commenting about a peer publicly:

1. Do my words harm this person’s reputation?
2. Have I talked to them first privately?
3. What is my motivation for publicly saying something negative about another person, let alone a teammate?

I don’t care what y’all say, he didn’t need to say any of this publicly.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

More context

Yep I knew this was going to get blown up here but if you read the entire thing while it wasn't Kyler is a great guy, it wasn't Kyler is a clown and is destroying the team. He just said Kyler is exceptionally talented but he has to grow up and learn to lead better. He made an interesting comment he said as a franchise QB, Kyler has to lead the entire franchise. I took that as not just a comment on Kyler, but on Keim and Kliff as well.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Even if Kyler accepts the message, Kyler cannot have Kelvin Beachem on the team ever again..there is one leader on offense that has to be Kyler. Kyler has to standup for himself here or else every guy will make the same comment to the media untethered.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
One sign of leadership is not throwing teammates under the bus. Not criticizing them in public. Beachum talks about being a man, but any alpha male in professional sports would confront the player directly and behind the scenes. To go on radio is weak. Beachum isn't even elite at his own position. He wasn't even the best lineman on our own team of weak lineman. How is he going to explain how Kyler should be elite at his position? It's absolutely ridiculous.

Additionally, I think we can ascertain now where the leaks were coming from regarding Kyler to the media, including the study clause and the anonymous reports. Beachum is trash and why anyone would use him as a some how factual account of anything is beyond me.

Ya'll post pics of Kyler looking dappper or whatever but notice how he didn't respond to Beachum and his garbage.

That's leadership, not what Beachum did.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm rooting for Kyler to become a great QB.

I imagine all of us want that since the team will be successful and it will be fantastic having a franchise QB for hopefully many years to come.

The frustrating part is they gave him a huge contract before knowing if he actually was a franchise QB. They completely ignored the red flags. The final 1/3 of the season(and playoff game) in which they were honestly the second or third worst team in the league. Oh, and the very fact they tried to put a friggin study clause in his contract are just a couple things that should have signaled that perhaps it isn't wise to give him a new contract yet.

Props to Kyler and his agent though for somehow convincing our clueless owner and FO that he was worth that amount of cash right after leading the team to one of the worst end of season collapse and playoff game in League history.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose