Suns @ Bucks Sunday game thread 2-26-2023

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the last three playoff games against the Mavericks, Crowder scored 3, 9 and 5 points respectively.

In game 7 he shot .222%, had 4 rebounds, 1 steal, 2 turnovers, 0 fouls and 5 points in 27:10 minutes.

His play was far below his performance in the first four games.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Jae Pouter coulda stayed and played, Cam Johnson is just more productive and has more upside. Jae Pouter isn't all that and that's why Jae Pouter sat on the shelf so long. That's why Brooklyn wanted Cam Johnson > Jae Pouter, because Jae Pouter is Draymond Green without the basketball IQ or actual toughness and you're damn right I'm bitter lol but everything happens for a reason and his name is Kevin Durant so it's all good

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Jae Crowder was a nice piece 1 out of every four games, but I can’t forget all the times he shot us out of games.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't think Monty is down with F bombs and shall I say today's language....just a feeling as I remember a few times both Javale and Jae are not really very word conscious lol
I could be totally wrong...Monty just seems that type

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jae Pouter coulda stayed and played, Cam Johnson is just more productive and has more upside. Jae Pouter isn't all that and that's why Jae Pouter sat on the shelf so long. That's why Brooklyn wanted Cam Johnson > Jae Pouter, because Jae Pouter is Draymond Green without the basketball IQ or actual toughness and you're damn right I'm bitter lol but everything happens for a reason and his name is Kevin Durant so it's all good
Doesn't sound like it. According to 98.7, Monty had difficulty managing personalities like McGee and Jae. It's why McGee left and Jae and Monty had a falling out. Monty also has had what 2 or 3 incidents with Ayton? Jae sat on the shelf because Monty told him to stay home not because he pouted.

Yup. I believe Monty pushed away the perfect final piece for a team that wanted to add Durant.
Agree. Would have made the bench much deeper.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like it. According to 98.7, Monty had difficulty managing personalities like McGee and Jae. It's why McGee left and Jae and Monty had a falling out. Monty also has had what 2 or 3 incidents with Ayton? Jae sat on the shelf because Monty told him to stay home not because he pouted.
You already said all this tho

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You already said all this tho
You didn't? Actually I expanded a bit. I also through in the fact that he has had issues with Ayton as well. Seems like Monty likes certain personalities and struggles with others.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
You didn't? Actually I expanded a bit. I also through in the fact that he has had issues with Ayton as well. Seems like Monty likes certain personalities and struggles with others.
Monty and McGee got along fine if you ask me and the playing time he received would suggest the same. That playing time equated to another nice payday for McGee

And Ayton? Aren't you one many (myself included) who still think he disappears at times? Pretty sure that's what Monty told Ayton and it took Ayton an entire off-season to get over it. Difference is, when it was go time, Ayton didn't sit home and pout about it. He put on his big boy pants and put his career over his ego

So trying to relate McGee's and Ayton's relationship with Monty as it pertains to Jae Crowder doesn't really ride with me

If you got beef with Monty that's cool. But if Crowder wasn't a Pouter, he would've gotten mad and taken his starting position back. But he didn't. He sat at home and wasted the opportunity

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty and McGee got along fine if you ask me and the playing time he received would suggest the same

And Ayton? Aren't you one many (myself included) who still think he disappears at times? Pretty sure that's what Monty told Ayton and it took Ayton an entire off-season to get over it. Difference is, when it was go time, Ayton didn't sit home and pout about it

So trying to relate McGee's and Ayton's relationship with Monty as it pertains to Jae Crowder doesn't really ride with me

If you got beef with Monty that's cool. But if Crowder wasn't a Pouter, he would've gotten mad and taken his starting position back. But he didn't
I have no clue what you are basing that on but OK. Gambo has been spot on with all his insider stuff with the Suns so there was something there. So, until I see him start getting stuff wrong I see no reason to doubt him.

Ayton does disappear. So, do lots of players in the league. Not all those players get into public confrontations with their coach....multiple times.

Have zero beef with Monty other than some minor things. I see a pattern with him and SOME players. You can believe it if you want but Jae evidently didn't stay home because he was pouting.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I know Monty has a low reputation here nowadays but to choose Jae Crowder over him when the Suns didn’t is asanine.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know Monty has a low reputation here nowadays but to choose Jae Crowder over him when the Suns didn’t is asanine.
Who is choosing Crowder over Monty and how exactly? I don't see anybody doing that. Calling out that they had a beef with each other isn't choosing one over the other. It's just acknowledging it took two people to dance. I peronsally believe Jae must have popped off on Monty who in turn told him to stay home. I think it was handled badly all the way around.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I have no clue what you are basing that on but OK. Gambo has been spot on with all his insider stuff with the Suns so there was something there. So, until I see him start getting stuff wrong I see no reason to doubt him.

Ayton does disappear. So, do lots of players in the league. Not all those players get into public confrontations with their coach....multiple times.

Have zero beef with Monty other than some minor things. You can believe it if you want but Jae evidently didn't stay home because he was pouting.
No worries. It's all in the past now amigo, we got 99 problems but a Crowder ain't one. And again, I was a big fan of Crowder before the poutage

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Who is choosing Crowder over Monty and how exactly? I don't see anybody doing that. Calling out that they had a beef with each other isn't choosing one over the other. It's just acknowledging it took two people to dance. I peronsally believe Jae must have popped off on Monty who in turn told him to stay home. I think it was handled badly all the way around.
You know crowder is getting all the benefit of the doubt here on the board.

And I’m sorry, the guy was a net negative more than a positive.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know crowder is getting all the benefit of the doubt here.

And I’m sorry, the guy was a net negative more than a positive.
I don't really see that. I see most fans thinking it was crappy situation and likely an unnecessary one. To me it came down to two grown ass man can figure out how to have a professional relationship. We all work with people we can't stand. Most of us stay professional.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
And just to expand on the whole Monty McGee thing, I'm thinking McGee was utilized better here (under Monty) than where he is now. I don't know about you but if you're team is losing and you don't to put JaVale McGee in the game then honestly

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
McGee is good at 2 things, rim running on the PnR and weak side rim defense. He's pretty trash at everything else. Teams that spread the court eat him alive.

Dallas was nuts to give him that contract, especially because part of their gameplan was to murder us on switches anytime McGee was on the court.

The Mavs front office has confused me for years. Outside of trading for Luka, they've made short sighted, stupid moves, for a decade. Those clowns broke up a title team to clear space to pursue DeAndre Jordan a year later... then whiffed on Jordan.