Buyout Candidates

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton plays like he likes the game Ok but doesn't love it. He also plays like he is afraid to do something wrong. He is still a very good center.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns could use another forward that can play the 4 but I don't have a lot of confidence in Payne staying healthy.

If there is insurance at point guard, I would consider golng that direction but BPA should rule if someone becomes available. Talent should rule.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Call me crazy but i like the idea of Whiteside. Just a big we can throw at teams for spurt minutes and interior D.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we're saying the same thing. There's benefit to being the #1 option and having everyone else brought in to fit around you. That main benefit usually shows up in better looking stats due to the leniency of being the guy. There is benefit in not being the #1 as well.
I wasn't saying it was a detriment, I was saying that prioritizing him as the #2 option took a hit because he fell into a more complimentary role than outright #2. They had immediate success with that and the concern with asserting him offensively shifted very early in his career...that's all.
I don't think we are because of the last part of your statement. CP3 was a go to in the clutch but he elevated Ayton's inside game. Ayton said so himself. Ayton has had every opportunity playing with one of the best passers of all time to establish himself as the #2 go to scorer and simply has been massively inconsistent. The pick and roll has become the main cog to get our offense started they move away from it depending on how he is playing. That is not complimentary at all. That is a "how is Ayton playing" tonight type thing. It's been widely inconsistent. Case and point. When Ayton is on a roll they stick with it the entire game.

By the way, I forgot to say this earlier. Welcome to the boards!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprised there is no movement on Wall. He's not a knock down shooter but can still get to the rim and create for others. Either he is injured or thinks he more than just a back up?

Same. There were a number of rumors when he was initially available this past off-season and he showed he can still play, albeit not at an All-Star level. There has to be some underlying issue at play with him. He was supposedly healthy at the deadline and ready to play but the Clippers decided to let him go.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Surprised there is no movement on Wall. He's not a knock down shooter but can still get to the rim and create for others. Either he is injured or thinks he more than just a back up?
He and Westbrick are living in the past. Attitude doesn't match the talent anymore.

PHI PHX PHAN

Rookie
Reaction score
I don't think we are because of the last part of your statement. CP3 was a go to in the clutch but he elevated Ayton's inside game. Ayton said so himself. Ayton has had every opportunity playing with one of the best passers of all time to establish himself as the #2 go to scorer and simply has been massively inconsistent. The pick and roll has become the main cog to get our offense started they move away from it depending on how he is playing. That is not complimentary at all. That is a "how is Ayton playing" tonight type thing. It's been widely inconsistent. Case and point. When Ayton is on a roll they stick with it the entire game.

Much appreciated. I feel like a grizzled vet already having some back and forth . And I see what you're saying in that regard. In the end I'm hoping all of this culminates to a championship or 2

PHI PHX PHAN

Rookie
Reaction score

Much appreciated. I feel like a grizzled vet already having some back and forth . And I see what you're saying in that regard. In the end I'm hoping all of this culminates to a championship or 2

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You wore out your welcome quite fast, didn't you?
;)

I wouldn't trust Melo to cover the mop boy's shift.
I'm just gonna observe the answers on this one

He's just ribbing you.

But yeah, I want no part of Carmelo. He is unemployed for a reason... well... several reasons.

He's a defensive doormat, a ball stopper, he's inefficient, he will likely be very unhappy if he isn't a mainstay in the rotation... despite that he is bad.

At this point in his career, if he was willing to commit on defense and accept a role as a pure, spot up shooter, he'd be employed, but that isn't him. He wants the ball, he dribbles too much and he either doesn't care about defending or he's somehow never learned even the basics.

In my opinion, Carmelo, even in his prime, is probably among the most overrated players in NBA history.

He has likely ball hogged his place into an eventual spot in the Hall of Fame, but he has had almost no impact on winning basketball games in his entire career.
He is the King... maybe even the God, of empty stat basketball.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nerlens Noel has been bought out by the Pistons.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nerlens Noel has been bought out by the Pistons.

Sam Hinkie's draft record ended up being freaking horrible. Yeah, he landed Embiid, but only because Embiid was hurt (and didn't play for 2 years), outside of that he whiffed bad on a ton of lotto picks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose