Cards Hire Jonathan Gannon as New HC

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't be against him, but if we bring in the QB coach from the Browns, it wouldn't surprise me if it was Brissett (who has been one of my desired options).
He doesn't need to be a QB! He can just stand on the sideline looking creepy in that awesome way he does so well

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Correct and then they made adjustments attacking his rush 4 man coverage and went on to score on every possession and the only incompletion was a throw away.

That's the point. He is really really passive.
I don’t buy it. His team put up the third most sacks of any team all time (granted with one additional game). What that means is he knew his team should get home with 4. If you can get home with consistently (again, 3rd best ever, so yeah, he could do that), then play your 7 in coverage or run blitz. That’s just maximizing your defensive advantage. Now, my only concern is that when that wasn’t working in the second half of the super bowl it seemed he didn’t pivot - but then again at 2.2 seconds from snap to throw mahomes wasn’t giving him the time to blitz either.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
things i learned:

Kyler is in the facility
He seems genuinely happy
he is wearing a Smiths t-shirt

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I watched it again. I LOVE that he didn’t just walk back there. He jogged. He wanted to back there faster. And the handshake and embrace seemed GE home both directions. Screw it, LFG!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
lol, I ain’t THAT old. Just kind of hoped for somebody that would give a “I don’t care what you did in HS or about your Heisman. You ain’t all that yet.” vibe to Kyler. Someone who made Kyler realize his play hasn’t made it seem like “It’s Ea$y”
I just think he’s stoked to be our head coach. Like the vibe.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t buy it. His team put up the third most sacks of any team all time (granted with one additional game). What that means is he knew his team should get home with 4. If you can get home with consistently (again, 3rd best ever, so yeah, he could do that), then play your 7 in coverage or run blitz. That’s just maximizing your defensive advantage. Now, my only concern is that when that wasn’t working in the second half of the super bowl it seemed he didn’t pivot - but then again at 2.2 seconds from snap to throw mahomes wasn’t giving him the time to blitz either.

You have to look at who they played and when they were successful to take in the whole equation

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
At least it is some evidence.

One aspect that left a bad taste in my mouth when Kliff was hired was when Michael talked about how they reached out to Ernie Accorsi to find a HC and that was how they found Kliff.

Even at the time that struck me as a bit of incompetence. They work in the NFL and should know the up-and-comers in the league. The fact that we are hearing that Ossenfort had a list of coaches he liked is a good sign.
Absokutely

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's think it's widely accepted Gannon was Monti's choice
As a fan of the cards and seeing first hand how this organization operates I’ll need to see a quote to that extent to truly believe it. I can accept that there’s a likelihood of it being true, and obviously ossie is likely on board even if it was mikes pick because he was on ossies list. But Brit is always quick to point out if you don’t have a smoking gun it’s just “fan fiction,” so it is what it is.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You have to look at who they played and when they were successful to take in the whole equation
Of course. But regardless he coached to strengths. If you know you’re playing a bad team and can get home with 4 you’d be an idiot to blitz often. Rather than wanting an aggressive or conservative coach I want a smart coach. He was smart to play to his strengths, and that’s true regardless of who you played.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
@kerouac9 will point out how toxic it is for a QB to play this kinda music in the locker room.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The Smiths > The Cure
Hey, now. The NFL did use Morrissey's "Everyday Is Like Sunday" in commercials back in 2008 or so.

It was another great use of a song where they only looked at the title and not the lyrics.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Of course. But regardless he coached to strengths. If you know you’re playing a bad team and can get home with 4 you’d be an idiot to blitz often. Rather than wanting an aggressive or conservative coach I want a smart coach. He was smart to play to his strengths, and that’s true regardless of who you played.
Remember after the Cardinals played the Chiefs all of those people pointing out how statistically ineffective blitzing Mahomes has been throughout the years? That's a guy you limit the big plays and force the Chiefs to dink and dunk you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn