Bradshaw says Payton didnt want to coach Murray

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score

Rumor has it, he didnt want Russ either. Looks like he settled.

My point is--to ignore or disguise the elephant in the room and attack people for reporting the fact that Murray is a handicap to this team is crazy.

The cardinals made the mistake for paying him the massive AAV contract and now are stuck with a QB that franky very people people even want to coach.

The only people they can get interested are first timers.

Such an albatross he is for this team, at least for the next couple years

Discuss

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
If you're going to use rumor, regarding Russ, you also need to use it regarding Murray. It came from the same source and the same conversation. Because you are a 100% Murray hater, you slant things against him every single time.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If you're going to use rumor, regarding Russ, you also need to use it regarding Murray. It came from the same source and the same conversation. Because you are a 100% Murray hater, you slant things against him every single time.
That's the good apologist stuff -- attack the poster and his motivations, not the substance of the report. It's not a "rumor," it's a direct response from someone well-informed about the situation.

Crazy denial.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
That's the good apologist stuff -- attack the poster and his motivations, not the substance of the report. It's not a "rumor," it's a direct response from someone well-informed about the situation.

Crazy denial.
Ummm...you proved my point. Don't call it a claim of fact, essentially, regarding Kyler, but call it "Rumor" regarding Russ. The fact is, Bradshaw made the claim against both QB's...one was not a rumor vs the other being fact.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ummm...you proved my point. Don't call it a claim of fact, essentially, regarding Kyler, but call it "Rumor" regarding Russ. The fact is, Bradshaw made the claim against both QB's...one was not a rumor vs the other being fact.
They’re both rumors, but we’ve seen a lot more people inside the NFL back that rumor up with Kyler, and we’ve actually watched it actually play out on the field with coaches and players on the sidelines, giving more credence to what people are saying.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
They’re both rumors, but we’ve seen a lot more people inside the NFL back that rumor up with Kyler, much less watch it actually play out on the field with coaches and players on the sidelines.
Fair enough.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Did you watch the Bradshaw video? Bradshaw says that Payton took the Denver job despite Russ. The OP isn't about Russ, because this is an Arizona Cardinals football board. Why would it be? The OP is about Kyler.

And your definition of a "rumor" is pretty broad. It's someone talking on camera about his conversations with the principal.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Did you watch the Bradshaw video? Bradshaw says that Payton took the Denver job despite Russ. The OP isn't about Russ, because this is an Arizona Cardinals football board. Why would it be? The OP is about Kyler.

And your definition of a "rumor" is pretty broad. It's someone talking on camera about his conversations with the principal.
You're still proving my point. We're just not seeing the same side of the argument. No harm, no foul.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

The problem is that the title of the quoted article says "Sean Payton didn't want to work with Kyler Murray - or Russell Wilson"

That is a misquote from PFF which isn't surprising. It was Terry Bradshaw who said to Payton that he doesn't want to work with these QBs. It wasn't the other way around.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who cares what Terry Bradshaw thinks??? He’s about as big and dumb as a man can come. Most on this board should be old enough to know that Terry has never been nor will he ever be remotely the sharpest tool in the shed. If not for Chuck Noll, he would have been out of the NFL by year 5. Does he really want to be critical of Murray, when his first 4 years were comical. Those that want to give credence to anything that Bradshaw has to say ought to go back and take a peak at his numbers his first 4 years. He didn’t surpass 2000 yards in 3 of those 4 seasons, had 41 touchdown passes and a whopping 73 interceptions. Bradshaw is a nice guy, but a blowhard through and through.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Who cares what Terry Bradshaw thinks??? He’s about as big and dumb as a man can come. Most on this board should be old enough to know that Terry has never been nor will he ever be remotely the sharpest tool in the shed. If not for Chuck Noll, he would have been out of the NFL by year 5. Does he really want to be critical of Murray, when his first 4 years were comical. Those that want to give credence to anything that Bradshaw has to say ought to go back and take a peak at his numbers his first 4 years. He didn’t surpass 2000 yards in 3 of those 4 seasons, had 41 touchdown passes and a whopping 73 interceptions. Bradshaw is a nice guy, but a blowhard through and through.
He surely never got on tv for his intelligence, that's for sure.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
They’re both rumors, but we’ve seen a lot more people inside the NFL back that rumor up with Kyler, and we’ve actually watched it actually play out on the field with coaches and players on the sidelines, giving more credence to what people are saying.
Russ has had a TON of rumors about how crappy he is as a teammate and how fake he is.

I'd guess both "rumors" are true.

mobyhammy

Reaction score
I agree that you can't really trust Bradshaw at this point to know which end is up. He seems confused so much of the time. In any case, it looked like Bradshaw was putting words in Payton's mouth. Payton is too smart to say anything like this to Bradshaw, even if he thought it.

Also, if you're picking teams based on QBs, Russell Wilson is clearly the worse choice. His season last year was horrendous, and he's what--34?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ has had a TON of rumors about how crappy he is as a teammate and how fake he is.

I'd guess both "rumors" are true.
I would too and already said as much, but who cares about Russ? He ain't our QB and no one here would want him to be.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that you can't really trust Bradshaw at this point to know which end is up. He seems confused so much of the time. In any case, it looked like Bradshaw was putting words in Payton's mouth. Payton is too smart to say anything like this to Bradshaw, even if he thought it.

Also, if you're picking teams based on QBs, Russell Wilson is clearly the worse choice. His season last year was horrendous, and he's what--34?
and yet, Payton still choose him over Kyler.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does Terry Bradshaws playing days have ANYTHING to do with his friendship with Sean Payton after working with him for the last year?

Oh yeah… none. Hilarious gaslight response as usual. I’m sure you know better what Payton thinks then the guy who actually works with him.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
QB is the most important position on the field. You’re swallowing sand if you don’t think the Kyler v. Russ question didn’t HEAVILY factor into that decision.

Payton literally came out and said what was most important to him:

When we went to New Orleans, and I say we because there were a lot of people involved. The quarterback was unsettled at that time. So I think ownership and the functionality of the front office is most important.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Payton literally came out and said what was most important to him:
Do you believe the QB position played any role in his decision? He’s not going to come out and trash Kyler for no reason.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Rumor has it, he didnt want Russ either. Looks like he settled.

My point is--to ignore or disguise the elephant in the room and attack people for reporting the fact that Murray is a handicap to this team is crazy.

The cardinals made the mistake for paying him the massive AAV contract and now are stuck with a QB that franky very people people even want to coach.

The only people they can get interested are first timers.

Such an albatross he is for this team, at least for the next couple years

Discuss
Well, I think it is likely true for at least some candidates.

For instance, why on earth did Flores decide to settle for a Defensive Coordinator job - that's not normal if you really want a head coaching job, which we know he wants.

OP
OP
JohnnyCakes

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Well, I think it is likely true for at least some candidates.

For instance, why on earth did Flores decide to settle for a Defensive Coordinator job - that's not normal if you really want a head coaching job, which we know he wants.
I think the answer is kyler murray is the opposite of a selling point for the team. No one wants to get fired, they want longevity at the position.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose