TEAM Kafka.....Make it Happen Mike

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I'm actually 50/50...I can see good and not so good in both candidates. I'll support either choice and give them a full chance. I'll give an even longer leash if VaJ isn't with either of them.
I am not too hip on Kafka, but I too will support the hire and give him a chance if he is hired... I want to leave that hanging Dinglberry behind and feel comfortable about our coaching

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Kafka hire seems like more of the same. A young offensive minded HC with very little experience or connections in the league. Maybe the Cardinals can hire an experienced DC with HC experience to mentor Kafka? Or maybe they already have...

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
A Kafka hire seems like more of the same. A young offensive minded HC with very little experience or connections in the league. Maybe the Cardinals can hire an experienced DC with HC experience to mentor Kafka? Or maybe they already have...
Kafka, I think, has way more experience in the NFL, both as player and coach, than Kliff did. If he needs an assistant to help with more experience, I'd rather it be on the offensive side of the ball, this time, and just hire an up and coming DC who can bring the heat and stay out of everyone's way.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man… the fact that we’re kinda clamoring over a guy who “fixed” Danny Dimes to this level of mediocrity speaks to how desperate the situation is with Kyler. And I’m leaning that way too so it’s not a slam, but Kafka ain’t sone kind of miracle worker.
You must be registered for see images attach

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man… the fact that we’re kinda clamoring over a guy who “fixed” Danny Dimes to this level of mediocrity speaks to how desperate the situation is with Kyler. And I’m leaning that way too so it’s not a slam, but Kafka ain’t sone kind of miracle worker.
But who was the Giant's #1 WR? Richie James? Isaiah Hogan's? Darius Slayton?

Barkley was tied for 1st in receptions!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The local guys had someone who knows Kafka well on the air the other day and he said he was shocked that he was even being considered for any head coaching positions. Said he has done a good job in the short time he has been in New York but questioned his presence in a locker room as a head coach. Said he did not feel he was a "leader of men."

So he is probably our guy.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
The local guys had someone who knows Kafka well on the air the other day and he said he was shocked that he was even being considered for any head coaching positions. Said he has done a good job in the short time he has been in New York but questioned his presence in a locker room as a head coach. Said he did not feel he was a "leader of men."

Who was the guy?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jesus, if true.

Did Kafka get a lot of interviews besides us?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

His prior seasons are why this is such a leap of improvement.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just the Panthers
Colts too

And Texans

And Broncos were interested too

So, only every team that had an opening. Guess he isn't liked much.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Colts too

And Texans

And Broncos were interested too

So, only every team that had an opening. Guess he isn't liked much.
Thanks! Forgot about the Colts.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesus, if true.

Did Kafka get a lot of interviews besides us?
Every team with an opening showed interest. Broncos were the only ones to not have an official interview. They did their requirement of a minority interview and then set their sites on Payton.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Kafka got:

2 Interviews in AZ
2 Interviews in Houston (Only candidate outside of Ryans to get 2 interviews)
1 Interview in Carolina
1 Interview in Indianapolis

He's actually one of the few to get 2 interviews with multiple teams.