CFB & Prospect Discussion Thread:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Schmitz has ideal size and has played at a high level for three years.

most have him kinda late 2nd round, but as the draft process goes on -- i think he moves up

ill add: i think center is more important for Kyler than most other QBs. The D has focused on a controlled rush with games to free guys up the G-C-G area.
As far as I’m concerned, we don’t have a center on this squad.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
As far as I’m concerned, we don’t have a center on this squad.
Post Senior Bowl, even before Schmitz works out if the Cards want Schmitz they’d have to take him at 35 and he could well be gone by then. I think they can still get a good center later, but this guy could start for 10 years. He‘s extremely impressive. I might take him at 35, but I wouldn’t move up to get him

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Post Senior Bowl, even before Schmitz works out if the Cards want Schmitz they’d have to take him at 35 and he could well be gone by then. I think they can still get a good center later, but this guy could start for 10 years. He‘s extremely impressive. I might take him at 35, but I wouldn’t move up to get him
Agreed. Might support your position of trading back a bit in round 2.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not paying 9.99 for that. If you could just fill us in on what he has happening for the Cards that would be cool.
You must be registered for see images attach

3. Arizona Cardinals

Will Anderson Jr., DE, Alabama
The Cardinals are in an envious position, as new general manager Monti Ossenfort can sit tight and draft the best remaining prospect here. He is essentially guaranteed a shot at Anderson or Georgia's Jalen Carter. As Ossenfort looks to remake a roster heavy on versatile defenders and small receivers, he could start with the most important spot on defense.
Anderson dominated over the past three years at Alabama, wracking up 34.5 sacks, 184 pressures and 66 tackles for loss. His first-step quickness and relentless motor are reminiscent of Von Miller when the future Hall of Famer was coming out of Texas A&M in 2011. Anderson can line up at defensive end or as a standup rusher, and he would be a tone-setter for a defense desperately in need of an identity.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I like taking the best center at 34. Hopefully he's another Creed Humphrey.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Joe Tippmann is the guy flying up the boards. I posted him on here a few days ago.
Tippmann is big and strong. Also younger than Schmitz, so he may have more untapped potential.

Wisconsin is a big OL school, always a great school to draft from.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Can any of these kids coach?

Btw - the ESPN guy had us taking Steve Avila in rd 2. Schmitz went with first pick in rd 2. I like Avila, but that seems high for where I’ve seen him ranked.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Can any of these kids coach?

Btw - the ESPN guy had us taking Steve Avila in rd 2. Schmitz went with first pick in rd 2. I like Avila, but that seems high for where I’ve seen him ranked.
Im a big avila fan...and 34 is too high.
But there are 5 centers...3 of which can be day 1 starters, the others within a season or two.... if they start falling off the board we gotta get one. If our new coach runs a power gap Avila would be a great pick...kid is very strong

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is what crack/cocaine does to the brain...it makes you slot Will Anderson as the fifth best player...

Who's big board is that that has Broderick Jones at #2? And how did they create that graphic with such heavy brain damage?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose