2023 NFL Mock Drafts

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is my tear it down to the studs draft. The Cardinals package Kyler Murray for a buttload of picks to the Las Vegas Raiders and trade down one spot for the Colts. They walk away with Anderson and Stroud in the first round.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score

This is my tear it down to the studs draft. The Cardinals package Kyler Murray for a buttload of picks to the Las Vegas Raiders and trade down one spot for the Colts. They walk away with Anderson and Stroud in the first round.
Put in Will Levis and it’s golden.

Reaction score
Mock draft Monday and I’d be delighted with this… my opinion is take Anderson at 3, or a slight trade back if he’s taken as he was. Leaving with Carter and an extra first rounder used on a top prospect in a position of need is a fantastic result.

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Mock draft Monday and I’d be delighted with this… my opinion is take Anderson at 3, or a slight trade back if he’s taken as he was. Leaving with Carter and an extra first rounder used on a top prospect in a position of need is a fantastic result.
Outstanding draft if it played out like this but I bet Seattle took Will Anderson. If they did, I couldn't sign off on it LOL.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I think I could live with these four picks for rounds 1 to 3

RD 1, Pick 3: Will Anderson Jr., EDGE, Alabama​

RD 2, Pick 34: Siaki Ika, DT, Baylor​

RD 3, Pick 66: Jarrett Patterson, OG, Notre Dame​

RD 3, Pick 93: Luke Wypler, OC, Ohio State​

@cbus-cardsfan does the Wypler kid move the needle for you any? Thanks.
ND OL are always a good bet.

Wypler was the only Ohio State OL who held his own against Carter.

Reaction score

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
13: R1 P13 OT Peter Skoronski - Northwestern
40: R2 P9 EDGE Will McDonald IV - Iowa State
43: R2 P12 DL Calijah Kancey - Pittsburgh
66: R3 P3 G Cody Mauch - North Dakota State
71: R3 P8 CB Garrett Williams - Syracuse
74: R3 P11 RB Zach Charbonnet - UCLA
96: R3 P33 C John Michael Schmitz - Minnesota
105: R4 P3 QB Jake Haener - Fresno State
112: R4 P10 WR Andrei Iosivas - Princeton
169: R5 P33 WR Rakim Jarrett - Maryland
180: R6 P3 LB Daiyan Henley - Washington St
213: R6 P36 K Jake Moody - Michigan

Trades
Sent to New York Jets:

Round 1 Pick 3
Received from New York Jets:
Round 1 Pick 13
Round 2 Pick 12
Round 3 Pick 11
Round 4 Pick 10
Future Round 1

Sent to New Orleans Saints:
Round 2 Pick 3
Received from New Orleans Saints:
Round 2 Pick 9
Round 3 Pick 8

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Gave the Seahawks the chance to get Jalen Carter. It was worth it though.

Reaction score
Today's effort Mock Draft Monday effort. Managed to get Anderson, pick up some extra picks from trading back from 34 whilst still grabbing one of the top IOL prospects.

Pleased with how rounds 3-4 fell, and less so 5-6 - but overall, I'd be happy with this.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll throw up if this happens and we pass on Anderson for an OT. Getting a second rounder and 1st rounder next also feels light.

1. Houston Texans (via Chicago Bears): QB Bryce Young, Alabama

Compensation: No. 2 overall, No. 33 overall

No change here, as the Texans move up a spot to take the most polished quarterback prospect in the draft. Young has size and weight concerns, but he is a savant at reading defenses and has uncanny playmaking ability.

2. Indianapolis Colts (via Chicago Bears): QB C.J. Stroud, Ohio State

Compensation: No. 4 overall, fourth-round pick, 2024 first-round pick

The Bears double-dip and move down again, picking up more draft capital and keeping them in play for Will Anderson. The Colts need a quarterback, and staying at No. 4 could force them into the unenviable position of taking their third or fourth choice.

The price is steep, but Indy goes for a player with serious arm talent.

3. Carolina Panthers (via Arizona Cardinals): QB Anthony Richardson, Florida

Compensation: No. 9 overall, No. 61 overall, 2024 first-round pick

Richardson is a polarizing prospect, but there are going to be some teams that are all-in on him. Cam Newton won an MVP in Carolina, leading the Panthers to the Super Bowl.

Richardson is a similar player with huge upside, and this is a team that is almost certainly going to nab a signal-caller in the first round.

4. Chicago Bears: OLB Will Anderson, Alabama

Chicago may be able to play this draft to perfection, adding some major draft capital while still grabbing the prospect it could be considering at No. 1 overall. Anderson is the clear-cut top non-quarterback prospect following the reckless driving and racing arrest of Jalen Carter.

9. Arizona Cardinals: OT Paris Johnson, Ohio State

Johnson has the versatility to play guard as a rookie if Josh Jones and D.J. Humphries remain on the roster in 2023, but his long-term position would be tackle.

Arizona did a poor job constructing the offensive line around Kyler Murray the past few seasons, and GM Monti Ossenfort could aim to change that with his first pick. Johnson has some holes in his game but his build and athleticism allow for a lot of upside.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll throw up if this happens and we pass on Anderson for an OT. Getting a second rounder and 1st rounder next also feels light.

No change here, as the Texans move up a spot to take the most polished quarterback prospect in the draft. Young has size and weight concerns, but he is a savant at reading defenses and has uncanny playmaking ability.

The Bears double-dip and move down again, picking up more draft capital and keeping them in play for Will Anderson. The Colts need a quarterback, and staying at No. 4 could force them into the unenviable position of taking their third or fourth choice.

Richardson is a polarizing prospect, but there are going to be some teams that are all-in on him. Cam Newton won an MVP in Carolina, leading the Panthers to the Super Bowl.

Richardson is a similar player with huge upside, and this is a team that is almost certainly going to nab a signal-caller in the first round.

Chicago may be able to play this draft to perfection, adding some major draft capital while still grabbing the prospect it could be considering at No. 1 overall. Anderson is the clear-cut top non-quarterback prospect following the reckless driving and racing arrest of Jalen Carter.

Johnson has the versatility to play guard as a rookie if Josh Jones and D.J. Humphries remain on the roster in 2023, but his long-term position would be tackle.

Arizona did a poor job constructing the offensive line around Kyler Murray the past few seasons, and GM Monti Ossenfort could aim to change that with his first pick. Johnson has some holes in his game but his build and athleticism allow for a lot of upside.

I won’t be happy if we pass on Anderson, but I would certainly prefer him in Chicago than Seattle.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm not a fan of drafting Paris Johnson for a couple of reasons so I hope it doesn't go this way.

First, I don't see Hump going anywhere. He carries $20m dead money this year and $8.5m next year. Unless his play massively falls off I don't see him moving. And Johnson has never played RT so it's a gamble to put him there. Do we want to use a top 10 pick on 2 years of RT?

Plus I don't trust Ohio state tackles. The only remotely decent tackle to come out of Ohio in the past 20 years is Taylor Decker.

Just my opinion. He might be great. But this move would be disappointing to me.