Cardinals Hire Titans' Monti Ossenfort as New GM

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Monti is not the first choice. Hahahahaha...hahahahahahaha....

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Absolute poverty franchise. How do you let something like this get out?

After 3 years, I'm less sure than ever that Kyler will ever live up to the hype. If it's just going to be more of grumpy cat moving forward, maybe radical change is needed.

What was the hype? He was a remarkably risky draft prospect, and he panned out enough that he got a second contract with the team. He was Offensive Rookie of the Year and a 2x Pro Bowler. If you're thinking about the Evolutionary Michael Vick hype (which has kind of proven accurate) or the MVP hype that Paul Calvisi has been pushing since Kyler's second year, I dunno.

Kyler has an attitude; people who disagree with that are blinding themselves. Whether that attitude is a problem maybe needs more evidence. We're changing the water in the fishbowl over the next couple months; we'll have a better idea of what the root problem is soon.

If true... But that slipper sure fits.

To stay with the Bears. Ouch.

If he was sure he'd get something else ...:moon:
He looks stupid now.

:moon:
Hilarious that you think it's a problem with Cunningham. There are only 32 of these roles in the NFL and they don't come along often. How awful must the initial interview have been for Cunningham to turn it down?

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
He turned it down because this franchise is stuck paying the sulking 4 foot millennial that isnt good at his job.

If he cardinals had a Justin Fields/Herbert/Purdy type he would have taken the job guaranteed.

Kyler Murray is the 800 lb gorilla in the room and no one wants to accept that as long as the cardinals are stuck paying this loser they arent going anywhere.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You are looking at the impact of cutting Kyler Murray which we wouldn't do. If you trade Kyler all of his pro-rated bonuses apply in 2023 which moves his cap hit from 16mil to 59mil with no additional impact moving forward.

I appreciate your question but in this case, I do know what I am talking about. If there are specific trigger dates in 2023 that convert future dollars to guaranteed dollars, those dates would need to be navigated of course.

Over the Cap knows what it's talking about. ;)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Good lord. Let’s just start digging the grave for Monti Ossenfort.
What the hell has Cunningham done to have any of us say WE LOST OUT? Very few here even knew either one of these guys.
I will share my opinion on all MO’s signing, deals and draft as I’m sure all of us will. But even if he doesn’t do everything I think he should do, I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt.
I’m not expecting 10 wins and a playoff. This is going to be a rough year and I don’t believe anything MO does will provide us with more than hope for the future. New system. A roster that is somewhat depleted especially in the trenches and Qb issues.
To say Cunningham was our first choice and he went somewhere else make this a failure is silly.
It is just always shocking when your reputation is so bad that people who have done nothing turn your offers down.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

What was the hype? He was a remarkably risky draft prospect, and he panned out enough that he got a second contract with the team. He was Offensive Rookie of the Year and a 2x Pro Bowler. If you're thinking about the Evolutionary Michael Vick hype (which has kind of proven accurate) or the MVP hype that Paul Calvisi has been pushing since Kyler's second year, I dunno.

Kyler has an attitude; people who disagree with that are blinding themselves. Whether that attitude is a problem maybe needs more evidence. We're changing the water in the fishbowl over the next couple months; we'll have a better idea of what the root problem is soon.

Hilarious that you think it's a problem with Cunningham. There are only 32 of these roles in the NFL and they don't come along often. How awful must the initial interview have been for Cunningham to turn it down?
Yeah...it is just such a slap in the face.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Well, it's sure as heck isn't Mike Bidwill who put this out, if true.

And, if it's Cunningham's agent, likely before the Titan decision, he sure didn't enhance his client's reputation going forward.

A bird in hand is better than two in the bush.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He turned it down because this franchise is stuck paying the sulking 4 foot millennial that isnt good at his job.

If he cardinals had a Justin Fields/Herbert/Purdy type he would have taken the job guaranteed.

Kyler Murray is the 800 lb gorilla in the room and no one wants to accept that as long as the cardinals are stuck paying this loser they arent going anywhere.
Justin Fields can't throw...he should be a running back.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I do think there are a couple aspects to Kyler that are off-putting to potential GMs and HCs.

1 - size. a lot of NFL guys want a prototypical QB that Kyler just isn't.

2 - contract. Trying to win a championship with a QB making a ton of money is tougher than mid level contract or a rookie contract.

Past that it just comes down to control and how much meddling they are willing to tolerate.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I take reports like this with a grain of salt.

Cunningham lost a bit of his shine not getting hired by  two franchises in one cycle. Very easy for someone to say they were offered and turned it down, even though he did take the interview.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I take reports like this with a grain of salt.

Cunningham lost a bit of his shine not getting hired by  two franchises in one cycle. Very easy for someone to say they were offered and turned it down, even though he did take the interview.
Nah it actually adds up imo, and there's no reason to lie about it

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
How does it add up? He came for the interview.
If you want certain guarantees in your contract and the most money possible you take all the interviews and try to get your interest trending unless you're a superstar Madonna like Sean Payton

And keep in mind we weren't the sexiest option at the dance, we rarely are lol

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Justin Fields can't throw...he should be a running back.
True, but I think if you look at his "weapons" he really didn't have many good targets and his o-line was also as bad as the Bears.

But he still played hurt, was a leader, is affordable, likeable, and has a higher ceiling than Kyler the pout pout fish.

I'd take him 100 times over K1

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want certain guarantees in your contract and the most money possible you take all the interviews and try to get your interest trending unless you're a superstar Madonna like Sean Payton

And keep in mind we weren't the sexiest option at the dance, we rarely are lol
Still don’t see the whole “it adds up” could be true could not be true. Will we ever know?

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
lol so many things confusing & hilarious about this
Sorry, i should have explained this better for you.

I am saying if we had a cost controlled QB with noticeable upside we wouldnt have the embarrassing reality of people turning down high ranking jobs from the organization.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No team truly drafts BPA. The real strategy is BPA at a position of needs. Why draft another LT when you have a great starting LT, a good starting RT, and a competent swing backup?
If you're stacked with depth across the board (as the eagles seem to be) it DOES seem to truly be BPA. Certainly, the long and short term plan for the players in place plays a role, but as Philly heads toward a predicted deep playoff run, the question asked around these parts is "who do we draft?" Especially considering they will have pick # 10 (?) this year. We can only hope to have that problem one day. So many damn holes across this roster.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
True, but I think if you look at his "weapons" he really didn't have many good targets and his o-line was also as bad as the Bears.

But he still played hurt, was a leader, is affordable, likeable, and has a higher ceiling than Kyler the pout pout fish.

I'd take him 100 times over K1
You make several good points but I think he was as victim of awful pass protection, really poor receivers. I believe he has the skillset to develop when they upgrade the line and get some #1 and #2 receivers. Living in Chicago and and being a Cardinal fan it is somewhat easier to be objective...wish the Cardinals had him as we are stuck with someone who I don't believe has what it takes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose