Cardinals Hire Titans' Monti Ossenfort as New GM

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know how you define “meh” but if you don’t know much about him it seems appropriate. I can neither get excited about a guy who comes from one organization where the success can heavily be attributed to the coach and QB and another organization where I can’t think of any sterling personnel move outside of drafting AJ Brown, whom they subsequently traded. But I’m also not mad becasue they went outside the organization and at least he’s coming from pedigree of two winning organizations. Leads me to “meh.”

Now that you’re done laughing at other posters about their feelings about the hire, what’s your feelings? And why?
I’m strictly wait and see. Like I said none of us know a damn thing about the guy truly other than his work history in generic terms. He’s clearly respected around the NFL based on comment being tweeted. I’m also sure He wasn’t the guy who made the decision to trade AJ Brown I’m quite certain. So I’m not gonna penalize him for it.

I’m just glad this organization has someone new at the helm and will likely be headed in a different direction and mindset as long as MB can keep his nose out of it. We can only hope.

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am guessing this means Sean Payton will not be hired?? Plus today, Payton did an interview and did not mention the Cardinals. If Payton IS out for Cards, I bet coaching hire will be soon then. Not too many weeks to the draft.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am guessing this means Sean Payton will not be hired?? Plus today, Payton did an interview and did not mention the Cardinals. If Payton IS out for Cards, I bet coaching hire will be soon then. Not too many weeks to the draft.
Huh? Isn’t it in the end of April??? It’s not like it’s just around the corner?

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
This officially means Payton is out of the running for HC
Apparently this post wasn't very well perceived but it's all good lol

Maybe Sean Payton would come to Arizona. Where the offensive line is atrocious. Where the starting QB will be out for most of 2023 season, the one who likes to publicly chastise his head coach on national television. I don't know, maybe the 60 year old control freak named Sean Payton would be all good with taking orders from a 45 year old rookie GM. And let's not forget our most attractive offensive weapon demanding a trade

It's possible

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Huh? Isn’t it in the end of April??? It’s not like it’s just around the corner?
You gotta hire front office people if you want to change things up. That could include scouts. Plus there are other franchises doing the same thing right now. So you want to strike while the iron is hot. There's a lot that goes into scouting tops picks and doing background checks, etc. Time will go by really fast!

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I’m strictly wait and see. Like I said none of us know a damn thing about the guy truly other than his work history in generic terms. He’s clearly respected around the NFL based on comment being tweeted. I’m also sure He wasn’t the guy who made the decision to trade AJ Brown I’m quite certain. So I’m not gonna penalize him for it.

I’m just glad this organization has someone new at the helm and will likely be headed in a different direction and mindset as long as MB can keep his nose out of it. We can only hope.
I'm with you on this, unless he becomes SK 2.0 I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic and be glad for the change to someone new that seems, by some NFL insiders, to be a very good hire and upgrade. So here's to some hope... finally lol

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I'm guessing Sean Payton had already heard Arizona was hiring Monti Ossenfort and that's why we weren't mentioned as contenders on the Cowherd show

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Off that list I would have preferred

Adam Peters, 49ers assistant GM: Peters would be a top name if this was a ranking—he was runner-up for the Giants' job last year, and the Maras raved about how the Niners exec was like Schoen—very complete as a personnel man, with command over every level of a football operation. Peters has rings from New England and Denver, and has had a presence in helping put together what’s arguably the best roster in football

I read somewhere that he turned down all interviews until the 49er playoff run was done.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Looks like I will be typing in this abbreviation a lot over the next 5 or so years: MO

Can he drink me under the table? I really want to know.

We interviewed Brian Flores IIRC back when we hired Arians. He may have lingered in the brain of the worst owner in the NFL.

What rhymes with Ossenfort? I literally had to add it to my spellcheck dictionary. #OSSENFORTTIME! #BIRDCITYOSSENFORT

I'll keep thinking about it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have mixed emotions. So glad they went out of the organization but his past with Brian Flores worries me.

If we end up with Brian Flores as our coach because of the hiring of Monti?

The this becomes a massive flop. The last thing we need is another guy that should be a coordinator getting our HC spot.

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
what i will find interesting:

Monti presumably has a list of guys he wants to talk to for HC. Those names should be coming out in the next couple days

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA